Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6037244 times)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #24990 on: April 08, 2021, 06:48:52 am »
Oh KAtie I know exactly how you feel. When DD was in her second last year of school she developed Glandular Fever. She fainted at school several times before they figured out what it was. We ended up[ making her up a bed in the living area of the house so that we could keep an eye on her. There weren't mobile phones then and she didn't have the strength to lift the receiver off the phone. DH and I took off week about to keep an eye on her for about a month. It can be very devastating, but they do recover. DD was diagnosed with a heart murmur from it, but that eventually corrected itself too. Thinking of your DD.

Sad news re your favourite violin Marina. Why was it your favourite?
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #24991 on: April 08, 2021, 09:44:41 am »
It was gorgeous, Cookie - a really beautiful instrument - in case you are interested:  https://grantviolins.com.au/product/violins/advanced-violins/178-ian-highfield-violin-2002/
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24992 on: April 08, 2021, 10:44:47 am »
Sorry to hear of DD’s problems K Atie, I wish her (and you) the best of luck and a speedy recovery. There are many bumps in the road during our lifetime but we get there in the end.

I also love facials and massages Marina, I still have a voucher here looking at me but never seem to have time these days. Sorry you lost your favourite violin but you’re in the trade to sell so I hope you find a replacement favourite very soon.  I know what you mean about wee jobs to do, I seem to have stacks of them lately - at least 2 days each week for the past few. 
I had a doctor’s appointment this afternoon re a lump I found on my leg, being a bit paranoid about lumps nowadays I wanted it checked out.  No problems, I forget what he called it but it won’t go away and may get bigger.  Whilst there he offered to give me the flu vaccination, I was on the clinic list for the 20th to have one but I was pleased to get this one out of the way. 

I’ve been told it’s only a 2 week wait for the Covid one Chookie, not that it’s going to happen that quickly.  I’ve only been able to go online and put my name on a list for a call back when they’re able to make an appointment with me.  My doctor’s surgery aren’t doing it, we have to go afar for ours.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #24993 on: April 08, 2021, 07:02:21 pm »
You don't seem too worried so I trust the lump is benign, Judy.

Talking of massages - I love head massages when I go to the hairdressers, it is so relaxing.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #24994 on: April 09, 2021, 12:03:58 am »
Marina, what a beautiful instrument.  I can understand you not wanting to sell it.
I have been having the time of my life, ( and quite a challenge) printing jam labels. GD came yesterday and showed me a few tricks.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24995 on: April 09, 2021, 04:00:44 am »
Oh yes Marina, they’re the best but these days I only go for a cut so I miss out on them. My previous hairdresser knew how much I love them so used to do it for twice as long as anyone else did. No, not worried about the lump now.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #24996 on: April 09, 2021, 04:29:18 am »
Did I tell you about the VERY LARGE egg one of my young hens laid last week?  Turned out to be a triple yolker!!!  Never heard of that before … poor hen!

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24997 on: April 09, 2021, 08:30:36 am »
Wow, a triple yolker is amazing Marina I can see why you loved the violin, it is beautiful.

Judy it is always wise to have lumps checked, better to feel a little embarrassed than the lump be rotten.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #24998 on: April 09, 2021, 02:42:05 pm »
Wow Marina a triple yoker that’s incredible. Love weighing the large eggs .
Well DD had a bad night and was in pain with both ears , booked into GP for both of us . Now I’m on antibiotics for a virus like Laryngitis , rolling eyes now , go figure . DD needed her medicine changed , due to possibly of liver not right it’s hard for her body to deal with too much Panadol . So it was good to clarify it all , no flu injections for us till we are better . DD slept all arvo .

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24999 on: April 09, 2021, 02:58:05 pm »
That egg would have been a surprise Marina, did you fight over who was having it?
I made sure I had other questions to ask him so as not to waste his time cookie and I most definitely would have any lump checked out these days.  I actually saw this doctor at the football tonight so next time I see him I’ll let him know that he’s in the same section that I’m in. I’m at the back on the aisle and he’s much closer to the front in the middle so I’ve never noticed him there before. What a match, best one I’ve seen in a long time and even though my heart was racing all night I wasn’t stressed.
Lucky you could get in to see a doctor so quickly K Atie, hopefully the medication will help you both.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2021, 12:58:03 am by judydawn »

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #25000 on: April 09, 2021, 09:34:54 pm »
Marina, in all my years of keeping Chooks, I have never seen a triple yolker.
Judy, Ral was asking if you would be at the football.  I said it would take a lot for you not to be there. Glad you enjoyed the match.
Not much happening here and it has turned cold with rain showers.
Pulling out the last of the Tomato plants.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #25001 on: April 09, 2021, 11:15:35 pm »
More jam labels. One made for friend.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25002 on: April 10, 2021, 12:59:40 am »
A very apt sticker Chookie and I’m sure your friend will love hers too.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25003 on: April 10, 2021, 10:47:56 am »
Fantastic labels Chookie.
Your footy team had a good win Judy. My team were beaten today. Saint Kilda played too well for us.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25004 on: April 10, 2021, 11:48:42 am »
Thanks cookie, it was great.  I hadn’t seen your results.
Today I visited the kids and caught up with the dogs and cats, the dogs wouldn’t leave my side for the whole time I was there - they’ll be coming to stay with me for the long weekend in June so will love that.  Then I came home and cleared out the contents of my maternal grand-mothers cupboard in readiness to give DD1, full of nothing important really except the bottom shelf which held the wine & liqueur bottles.  Posted all the stationery and an 8 litre urn on my local giveaway site with good results.  That kept me busy for a few hours.