Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6036343 times)

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #900 on: July 11, 2012, 12:27:38 pm »
Thanks MJ :) The nutrition course is on top of the personal training course I'm doing... I haven't had a break from study since I started school. I'm just always look for new opportunities to learn :-))
Chemistry scares me though :o

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: July 11, 2012, 12:32:44 pm »
Thanks MJ :) The nutrition course is on top of the personal training course I'm doing... I haven't had a break from study since I started school. I'm just always look for new opportunities to learn :-))
Chemistry scares me though :o

Chemistry should not scare you Amy. It opens up a whole new world  of what  how and why and would also be a help in  nutrition.  I loved chemistry especially playing with bunsen burners .  I guess they would still use them today in high schools.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

• View Profile
« Reply #902 on: July 11, 2012, 12:40:31 pm »
I know Gertie, I just have trouble getting my head around all the numbers and symbols :-))
Oh yes, bunsen burners. Add in some aerosol deodorant cans. That was the number one trick when I was in high school :o

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #903 on: July 11, 2012, 12:52:48 pm »
I know Gertie, I just have trouble getting my head around all the numbers and symbols :-))
Oh yes, bunsen burners. Add in some aerosol deodorant cans. That was the number one trick when I was in high school :o

Knowing some chemistry is great for trivia nights.

We did not have aerosol deodorant cans in my day. Pity. We did however have aerosol hair spray. Lots of it.

Gert

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

mcmich

« Reply #904 on: July 11, 2012, 12:53:15 pm »
I hate chemistry.

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #905 on: July 11, 2012, 12:58:11 pm »
I hate chemistry.

But I bet you use it in someway each day.

Gert

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: July 11, 2012, 01:00:57 pm »
Went to DD2's for lunch for GS's 4th birthday today and now I am still trying to catch up on all of today's postings - that will teach me to shut down the forum for over 4 hours. :-)) ;)
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

mcmich

« Reply #907 on: July 11, 2012, 01:02:31 pm »
Yes, I'm sure I do. I probably use a lot of things each day that I don't know about.

Ooohhh, the delights of dementia  :) :) :)

mcmich

« Reply #908 on: July 11, 2012, 01:05:32 pm »
Went to DD2's for lunch for GS's 4th birthday today and now I am still trying to catch up on all of today's postings - that will teach me to shut down the forum for over 4 hours. :-)) ;)

Oohh, a party. You didn't miss much JD...or maybe?

• View Profile
« Reply #909 on: July 11, 2012, 01:06:52 pm »

Knowing some chemistry is great for trivia nights.

We did not have aerosol deodorant cans in my day. Pity. We did however have aerosol hair spray. Lots of it.

Gert

I went to a trivia night once, and the only question I got right was "what is a whale's fat called?" and I was so excited at finally knowing an answer that I shouted it out and everyone heard me and laughed :-[

We still have that, but teenagers don't usually carry it in their backpacks :-))

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
« Reply #910 on: July 11, 2012, 03:26:57 pm »
Flew to Newman this morning with DD, my sister & BiL Did some sight seeing and had a BBQ in the bush.

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #911 on: July 11, 2012, 06:12:19 pm »
Visiting firenze under à beautiful sunny day.. Ending day in à bar with à cocktail or two  ;) then off to havé some pizza...italian style.. Loving my day !! Hope your having (all) a lovely day!!
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: July 11, 2012, 06:21:39 pm »
Visiting firenze under à beautiful sunny day.. Ending day in à bar with à cocktail or two  ;) then off to havé some pizza...italian style.. Loving my day !! Hope your having (all) a lovely day!!
Good to hear that you are enjoying the sunshine Kim. :)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: July 11, 2012, 08:21:12 pm »
Took my car into the local Ford garage to have the tyres replaced and to check the steering as I thought there was a problem. :-\
Walked the dog and this afternoon we got caught in a thunderstorm whilst walking :P Did manage to do a little housework ;D Raided my neighbours rhubarb plant to make ILB Rhubarb and Cinnamon cake.My neighbour said her DH doesn't like it and help myself. :)
Oh nearly forgot,Herman got stirred as he's on day five ;)
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 08:34:22 pm by Cornish Cream »
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #914 on: July 11, 2012, 09:39:45 pm »
Hi Kim, cocktails  yum....
Hi DD, glad the family are enjoying the holiday
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url