Author Topic: Isi´s easy Portuguese Rolls  (Read 199897 times)

Offline isi

• View Profile
Isi´s easy Portuguese Rolls
« on: January 12, 2010, 06:17:22 pm »
Hello everyone :)

As Promised here is a recipe for bread that can usually be find in any bakery here in Portugal!
Since it is note easy for you coming here just to buy the bread I put the recipe:
As Vivacity suggest ;) at another recipe I put here I decided Call them:

Isi's easy Portuguese Rolls

500 grams flour, 550
20-25 gram fresh yeast
300ml lukewarm water
2 teaspoons sea salt
1 tablespoon honey

Everything in the clean TMX - 5 minutes /  ::

Now the dough should rest 45 minutes inside the TMX - then again - 1 minute /  ::!

Remove the dough - it should fall out easily with no residue!

After taking 95 grams of dough and press round / flat!

Now roll up with a firm hand and with the seam down on the Baking tray

Now let the dough rest about 20 minutes.
Then make cuts with a  sharp knife, and paint them with a mix of water and olive oil

Preheat the oven to 210 º.  When the oven is hot, the rolls are covered with flour!

Bake the rolls 20 to 25 minutes at 200 º degrees.   Don't forget to put a a cup or something with water in side the oven!!!!!

They are very crunchy after baking and the next day still pretty soft!
Best regards
Isabel

PS: If you need a lot - make equal twice the amount - the TM makes it with no problem ;)

EASYER THEN THIS IMPOSSIBLE :D

Offline Gralke

• View Profile
Re: Isi´s easy Portuguese Rolls
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2010, 06:39:27 pm »
What a lovely recipe. Thank you. Obrigada e beijinhos
Barbara

Offline trudy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2010, 12:52:55 am »
Thanks again Isi.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2010, 02:16:54 am »
Thanks Isi, they look wonderful.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2010, 02:56:26 am »
Well I had to try this as soon as I saw it, but made it into one loaf.  It is the best loaf I have ever made.  It has such a crunchy crust exactly what I've looking for for ages and I like the hint of honey in that crust.  My only mistake if you can call it that, is that I cut the slits too deep, doesn't really matter though, as I like how it looked. 

If anyone is interested this is what I did,

I used baker's flour, 2 tsp instant dried yeast and I combined the honey and warm water together. After the kneading and resting etc I put my silicone baking mat on a tray and allowed the dough to fall out of the bowl cleanly onto it  and shaped it into an oval and rolled it out a little then rolled into a curl like isi says to do for the rolls.  I then put an upturned plastic container big enough over the loaf and put aside for it's 20 minute rise.
I turned on the oven to 210, put a baking pan containing boiling water on the floor of the oven and after cutting the slits and brushing, I covered again with the upturned container and left until oven had come up to temp. Dusted the top of loaf with flour, and put into oven and immediately turned down to 200.  Baked for 30 mins, then removed loaf from tray and put back in directly on rack for 3 mins.

Couldn't wait for it to cool down and I was very patient waiting about half an hour.  It was still slightly warm when I sliced and made ham and cheese sandwiches for me and my son.  He said it was the nicest bread he's had!

I'm so thrilled with this isi and again so quick and easy, I could imagine it would make lovely rolls too and I will try that for sure, but this is the sort of loaf I've been after for quite a while.  :D

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2010, 03:20:26 am »
Mmn, girls those pictures are mouthwatering - too bad I am stuck here at work otherwise I would have to go on a breadmaking bonanza  :D Maybe if I got up extra early tomorrow  ???
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2010, 04:01:33 am »
Isi,  another good one,  also JulieO's adaption.   Must have  a go.  I like the shape,  good for filling with ham and cheese .  Thanks for the photos.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2010, 05:06:55 am »
Well done isi & JulieO.  I have just made a loaf of white bread from isi's other recipe and that was the best loaf I've ever done so will be interesting to try this one and see how they compare.  No matter what, I am a happy little chappy at the moment that I finally am confident with making a loaf of bread and have been proudly showing it off to people who have popped in today.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2010, 05:40:22 am »
JD,   we all have a bread genie ,  and once it is out of the bottle there is no stopping us ,  so watch out.   Next time you make this loaf,  when you flatten it out, spread some olives ( if you like them) and rosemary over before your roll it up.  You may even like to cut the roll into thick slices,  lay them overlapping slightly in a baking tray and sprinkle with cheese.  (like in Bakers Delight).   Once you have a good recipe the possibilites are endless.   Go for it.  (and freeze the results). ;D ;D ;D

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2010, 06:08:53 am »
lucky I checked this before proceeding further - as per chookies suggestion, I have rolled in the olives and rosemary, and am now waiting for the dough to rise again before popping in the oven....I can't wait  ;D ;D ;D (...ok, back to work in the meantime - and try and stay off this forum)
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2010, 06:17:21 am »
Chookie's suggestion sounds really nice, something I wouldn't have thought of.  CreamPuff please let us know how it turns out.  :)

I haven't tried the 'other' one yet Judy, but I will.  How much flour did you use or is it the same as for the rolls?  I guess I should just re-read that thread.  :-))

I too am really happy, I feel like I've finally found a bread recipe that works for me, and it's so easy.  ;D

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2010, 06:19:18 am »
ok, back to work in the meantime - and try and stay off this forum)

It's hard when you're excited!  :D

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2010, 06:28:03 am »
I was going to try and resist making this bread, but after all those lovely comments and the great photos I have to do it.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline katesjoy

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2010, 06:30:31 am »
with such yummy recipes, resistance is futile!

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2010, 07:12:30 am »
Great work again Isi - how easy could it be ??  THANK YOU  :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.