Author Topic: WA Retreat Weekend  (Read 469410 times)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: WA Retreat Weekend
« Reply #1245 on: July 25, 2012, 08:06:30 am »
That's OK Chookie, plut the goodie bag items in first - got to get our priorities right  ;D
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: July 25, 2012, 08:10:18 am »
I am sure nobody cares if we wear the same thing every day. This is not a fashion shoot.  My aim is just to stay WARM.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

mcmich

« Reply #1247 on: July 25, 2012, 08:19:31 am »
Us folk that are coming from the east will be excused for the lack of wardrobe changes. I'm bringing a pinafore type dress and just plan to change my tops and tights around with it. Hope to get away with just 3 pairs of shoes too and 1 of them will be on my feet.

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: July 25, 2012, 08:32:43 am »
Us folk that are coming from the east will be excused for the lack of wardrobe changes. I'm bringing a pinafore type dress and just plan to change my tops and tights around with it. Hope to get away with just 3 pairs of shoes too and 1 of them will be on my feet.

You are kidding about the 3 pair of shoes. I had to buy a cheap pair as all I had  are sandals. I will probably never wear them again. I may have to distribute my goodies if they are too big to fit into my bag to go home!!!!!!

Tights ????? Do I need tights? Is it going to be that cold? Yikes !  I did buy a pair of socks.  Bwaaaaaaaa!!!!

Gert

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #1249 on: July 25, 2012, 08:38:59 am »
Gert, Fashion Shoot  ????? what is that.

Judy,  agree,  will pack goodies first.  Bit worried about going through customs.  Do they have sniffer dogs in Perth.?

Michele,  like your plan,  but 3 pairs of shoes ????

mcmich

« Reply #1250 on: July 25, 2012, 08:39:44 am »
I need 3 pr of shoes, my long boots I'll wear as they take up the most room, and pack short boots and sneakers.
I will need tights as I'm wearing them with a pinafore style dress. I will have to take 1 jeans and 1 dress pants.
Oh and warm pj's. That will fit in easy peasy.

mcmich

« Reply #1251 on: July 25, 2012, 08:42:16 am »
OK, will forgo the sneakers if i have to - Amy looks like I can't go for a jog with you and DD now.  : ;D

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: July 25, 2012, 08:45:06 am »
I haven't even thought about clothes for the trip yet - probably 2 outfits though with boots to match both and some casual ones for the retreat.  I will lay everything out on the bed then I will put most of it back in the wardrobe, pack the case, unpack the case the next day and pack it with something different.  Well that's how it usually goes ;D
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

mcmich

« Reply #1253 on: July 25, 2012, 08:52:19 am »
Thanks Judy, back up to three pr of shoes again. Long boots, short boots and casual loafers for the retreat. Will need to have a pr of flat casual walkers to stroll from house to house and have a walk on the beach though. OK, 4 prs of shoes, no sneakers.
How big did you say your boot was Cookie?

mcmich

« Reply #1254 on: July 25, 2012, 08:53:35 am »
I am only taking 1 handbag.  :D :D At this stage.

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: July 25, 2012, 08:56:49 am »
Gert, Fashion Shoot  ????? what is that.

Judy,  agree,  will pack goodies first.  Bit worried about going through customs.  Do they have sniffer dogs in Perth.?

Michele,  like your plan,  but 3 pairs of shoes ????

Yes they do have sniffer dogs at each gate.

Fashion shoot as in photography for mags or Cleo or DJ's

Gert

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: July 25, 2012, 09:00:07 am »
I am only taking 1 handbag.  :D :D At this stage.

I weep. I only have one handbag , one pair of shoes, one pair of  socks. Boots??  boots?? I may have to cancel.

Gert

mcmich

« Reply #1257 on: July 25, 2012, 09:04:26 am »
As long as you can walk in the shoes you're bringing Gert, then you'll be right.

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: July 25, 2012, 09:07:36 am »
Achookwoman. You do not have to go throught customs but they do have  Quarantine sniffer dogs to prevent ppl from other states bringing in prohibited goodies. Contact Vicki Guar  at the quarantine office  in Perth with any  questions. 08 93341821

Gert

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: July 25, 2012, 09:09:55 am »
Gert I don't have a pair of boots. ::

I am not taking very much at all with me. Wear jeans down on Friday with one top. Different trousers on Saturday with another top, then same jeans home on Sunday. Plus py's and undies. Perhaps 2 pairs of shoes.  I'll throw in my toothbrush too.

Michele I have a 4 wheel drive so the back is pretty big.

Chookie's as Gert said they do have sniffer dogs. They look for fruit,nuts and seeds and also honey.
I started looking for lolly teeth today. Just keeping my eyes open and I know I'll find some.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/