Author Topic: Chicken and Potato Salad with Sun-Dried Tomato Dressing-Festive Flavour  (Read 5810 times)

Offline cathy79

• View Profile
Recipe Name:  Chicken and Potato Salad with Sun-Dried Tomato Dressing
Book Name: Festive Flavour 2009

Didn't really tweak, but did make a few changes for guest requirements.  My Christmas guests are allergic to chicken and lemon, so left out those two ingredients.  And wanted to try it cold.

I love the idea of olives in this, but my olives were too strong so I'll leave out until I get different ones.  But will definitely try again with nicer olives.  And I think I'll try this with cashews instead of walnuts.

The eggs were delicious, a really "clean" flavour.

I used only 100g (1MC) olive oil as any more seemed like too much.  The dressing was very thick, but delicious.  I think it might be better this thick, as it won't all run to the bottom of the dish rather than sticking to the ingredients.

Overall, it's definitely got the vote to have on Christmas Day.  And I can't wait to try it sometime with the chicken.

Score: (out of 5*)  4.5/5
Helping you to take back control over what your family eats, one meal at a time.
Email thermomix.darlingdowns@gmail.com

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
Re: Chicken and Potato Salad with Sun-Dried Tomato Dressing-Festive Flavour
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2009, 05:29:59 am »
Thanks for the review.

With the olives - you can improved the flavour by blanching them -cut first, then pour boiling water over and soak for 15 mins then drain and maybe again and then into some nice olive oil to marinate for a days or so.  Worth trying if you are thinking of throwing out.
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2009, 07:23:30 am »
Thanks Cathy.  I haven't got around to trying this one yet.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline cathy79

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2009, 10:08:49 am »
With the olives - you can improved the flavour by blanching them -cut first, then pour boiling water over and soak for 15 mins then drain and maybe again and then into some nice olive oil to marinate for a days or so.  Worth trying if you are thinking of throwing out.
Thanks, will definitely try that as they're definitely too strong for our taste at the moment.
Helping you to take back control over what your family eats, one meal at a time.
Email thermomix.darlingdowns@gmail.com