Author Topic: It's another new one!!!  (Read 13687 times)

Offline grandma

• View Profile
It's another new one!!!
« on: September 13, 2009, 02:50:16 pm »
Hi there,

Ordered my TM last Wednesday and having my demo this week.  My sister in law received hers last week and she's been cooking up a storm and loving it.

She's made bread, soup, veal pizziaola, coconut icecream, macadamia and choc chip biscuits and so many other things that I can't remember - only one disaster so far and that was with the pumpkin soup - she made it again using the recipe from the book and it came out great.  She's made the bread a few times and it gets better each time!!

My TM will sit next to my coffee machine which cost a little bit more than the TM and only makes coffee!!!!

I'm really looking forward to reading about what you're all cooking with your TMs and hopefully, once I get mine, I can post all my cooking creations - good or bad.  But I really hope that I use this appliance regularly and that the novelty doesn't wear off.

Bye for now.

Offline Meagan

• View Profile
Re: It's another new one!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2009, 03:33:37 pm »
Welcome to the forum Grandma  ;D
Thermomix consultant in beautiful Perth,  Mum to 2 boys :)

Do you Fly with the flyLady?  www.flylady.net

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2009, 03:42:05 pm »
Hi Grandma and welcome....I can safely say that after a year my novelty still hasn't worn off, in fact I think I use it more as it becomes more second nature to use it for everything  ;D ;D ;D

You will have great company with your sister in law having one as well.
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2009, 01:34:27 am »
Hi and welcome to the forum Grandma (my favourite word is Grandma, just love hearing the children say it :-)) :-)) :-))).
You will use your machine and the longer you have it, the more you will use it.  How lucky for you that you have a SIL to share experiences with - as well as all of us too, of course.  We have more recipes than you can poke a stick at here on this forum and it is growing by the day - making choices even more difficult to make. Enjoy.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Chelsea (Thermie Groupie)

• View Profile
    • My Blog - Full Little Tummies
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2009, 05:31:52 am »
Welcome Grandma.  :)

I was also worried about the novelty wearing off.  I've had mine for quite a few months now and am even more passionate about it now than I was in the beginning (if that's possible).  I think it is so versatile that I will never get sick of it.  I do all of my basic cooking with the TMX and then I also seem to have little extra phases - some weeks it will be jams and chutney, other times spices and curries, puddings or special breads.  With this wonderful forum I'm never lacking in inspiration  ;).
« Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 12:32:43 pm by Chelsea (Thermie Groupie) »

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2009, 06:57:33 am »
Welcome Grandma. You will continue to love your thermomix.  The longer we have them the more we seem to learn.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline trudy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2009, 08:01:11 am »
Welcome!!

Trudy

Offline baf65

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2009, 09:11:03 am »
I agree, I dont think the TM is a novelty, not like a steamer, or breadmaker, fruit juicer etc etc....because it can do SO many things, and as you get to know it you find it can do even more than you ever expected
And you dont have to use it every single day for every single meal, sometimes you will just use it for cooking rice, the next for making custard, the next for a soup - the novelty doesnt really wear off it just becomes part of your kitchen like an oven!

Offline grandma

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2009, 03:26:15 pm »
Thanks for all the positive feedback.  I feel so much better knowing that you have been using your TMs regularly - I actually saw this appliance for the first time in Italy this July, it's called a Bimby over there.  My friend has had hers for about 9 years and she used it to make a delicious lemon cake while we were there.  I had no idea this machine existed till then and was positive we didn't have it in Australia.

I did a google search when I came home and discovered that we do have it - I went to the demo and was really impressed - of all the things she made eg, artichoke soup, strawberry daiquiris, mushroom risotto etc etc, the thing I loved best was how she frothed up the milk to make hot chocolate and cappuccino - amazing - I usually spend ages frothing the milk with my coffee machine as it only does about two cups worth of milk at a time -  the lady made seven mugs of milk in no time and it was really thick froth, the kind that when you put your sugar on top - it just sits on the froth and doesn't sink in!!!

Anyway, can't wait to get mine.  Off to check out recipe section of this forum to see what people are creating with their TMs.
Thanks.

Offline allinone

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2009, 03:15:26 am »
Hi grandma,
welcome and WOW that must be some coffee machine!  ;) my coffee machine was <1/10 the cost of the TM and I think it makes great coffee as I only have one per day. Which is probably too much anyway. My TM gets way more of a workout every day. :)

Stephen

Offline Ceejay

• View Profile
    • wisdom comes in many misguided forms
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2009, 04:02:45 am »
Welcome Grandma!

I also have a coffee machine that still sells for nearly $300 more than the Thermomix.. but I love it.  Mine froths large volumes of milk though - great for parties and get togethers with friends!

My Thermomix is 2 months old and used multiple times a day.. in fact my friends come over to "borrow" it some days! ;)

Enjoy!  ;D
The discovery of a new dish does more for the happiness of mankind than the discovery of a star.
~Anthelme Brillat-Savarin~

I don't always cook!  Sometimes I even parent! ;)
musingnmayhem

Offline grandma

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2009, 05:30:21 am »
Boy Ceejay, what a good soul you are, lending your machine to friends!!!  Don't know if I could do that!

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2009, 05:38:30 am »
Off topic, but I only use my coffee machine (not an expensive one) when I only have 2 coffees to make as it takes so long if there's more. Then I use my trusty TMX, lots of coffees in hardly anytime at all.

Like Stephen I only have 1 coffee a day from the machine and DH hates that sort of coffee. I love the coffee it makes though.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Ceejay

• View Profile
    • wisdom comes in many misguided forms
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2009, 07:03:55 am »
Boy Ceejay, what a good soul you are, lending your machine to friends!!!  Don't know if I could do that!

They have been to my demos and they have to use it at my place.. ;)

Very little comes between my close friends and I.  :)
The discovery of a new dish does more for the happiness of mankind than the discovery of a star.
~Anthelme Brillat-Savarin~

I don't always cook!  Sometimes I even parent! ;)
musingnmayhem

Offline grandma

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2009, 02:12:53 pm »

They have been to my demos and they have to use it at my place.. ;)

Very little comes between my close friends and I.  :)

I thought you let them take it home to use!!!  I was thinking I could never do that - unless it was some extreme case - but having friends come over to have a play is a different thing - I could handle that!!

Now what I'd like to know is how to make coffee in the TMX - is it just with instant coffee and milk?