Author Topic: Cumquat Marmalade  (Read 9181 times)

Offline TM Essentials

• View Profile
    • TM Essentials - Accessories for your Thermomix
Cumquat Marmalade
« on: December 31, 2013, 12:02:27 am »
We have a beautiful cumquat tree in our front garden that I normally watch fruit and do nothing with. Not this year – we made this delicious cumquat marmalade - a great tangy jam and ready in under 30 minutes. I just need some thick slices of warm bread to spread it on.

CUMQUAT MARMALADE
500 grams unpeeled cumquats, halved
600 grams sugar
100 grams water
20cm square piece cheese cloth

Sterilize jars to hold around 700 ml marmalade.
Place a sieve over the TM Bowl and squeeze the cumquat halves to remove and capture the seeds.
Create a bouquet garni with the seeds in the cheese cloth.
Place cumquat halves in the TM Bowl. Using turbo pulse chop 2-3 times depending on how chunky you like your marmalade.
Add the sugar and bouquet garni. Cook at 100C on Reverse Speed 1 for 15 minutes.
Add the water and cook at Varoma on Reverse Speed 1 for 8 minutes. Ensure the MC is on an angle. Check that the marmalade has begun to set by dropping some marmalade onto a cold plate to see if it sets in under a minute.
Discard the bouquet garni and allow to rest in the TM bowl for 15 minutes before pouring into the sterilised jars.

« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 02:50:11 pm by judydawn »
We are the experts for accessories for your Thermomix. From spatulas, cleaning brushes to carry bags. Visit us today at www.tm-essentials.com.au. TM Esssentials is not associated with Vorwerk
https://www.tm-essentials.com.au    https://www.facebook.com/TM.Essentials

Offline Shazzy

• View Profile
Re: Cumquat Marmalade
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2013, 12:17:30 pm »
Thankyou - we have about 10 trees more for decoration than anything and the fruit is never used. Will give this a go next season.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2021, 10:05:39 am »
This is my go to recipe when I’m given cumquats as my SIL absolutely loves it.  Made 1 batch this afternoon using Erythritol for the person who gave me the fruit (diabetic), not sure if it will be OK but it looks ‘normal’. The other batch for SIL as per recipe and I have enough fruit to make 2 more batches for him.  I found this little gadget handy instead of wrapping the seeds in cheesecloth as mine always seem to open and it saves me having to fish them out at the end. I just put a little ramekin on the lid and suspend the tea strainer from that so that it hangs above the blades. I can’t believe I’ve never commented on this recipe as I’ve made it for a few years at this time of the year for SIL.  It’s a pain doing the de-seeding part (and there is so much sugar in the recipe) so I can understand why people wouldn’t be bothered going to all this trouble but I’m very popular with SIL when I do this for him.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2021, 10:10:53 am by judydawn »
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2021, 05:59:42 am »
Judy what a brilliant idea. I must remember it.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/