Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6038088 times)

mcmich

Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #3030 on: October 04, 2012, 09:14:03 am »
Maddy, have you got cravings? Seems you're eating a lot of cake  :o

Offline kt2

• View Profile
« Reply #3031 on: October 04, 2012, 09:15:54 am »
Cake is a good way to celebrate! Also recommend bubbles!  ;)
Katie, Perth WA

Mama Fergie

« Reply #3032 on: October 04, 2012, 09:19:33 am »
I have my cleaner once a week Michele. Only the two of us here also but have some of the kids here most weekdays. So sticky fingers and spillages  ;) I clean it up of course but cleaner is very thorough :)
That's why I have her on a Friday so that everything is nice for the weekend as I don't usually look after any of the kids on a Saturday and Sunday is the one day that DH and I spend together as he golfs on a Saturday afternoon.
That said I am actually babysitting saturday daytime but it's unusual and only 8month old baby who can't make a mess.
I bet you love having your cleaner  :D how many hours does she do? It's bliss isn't it?  :)

mcmich

« Reply #3033 on: October 04, 2012, 09:34:01 am »
Yes, Bliss. Kelly comes for 3 hours. I have a very minimilast style of decorating.
Hate clutter and nik naks. I married the nik nak king so do have more than I would like.
In 3 hours Kelly cleans the bathrooms, dusts, does the kitchen benches and cupboards, washes the floors, skirtings, just about anything.
Leading up to Christmas, will see if she will do weekly.

Offline tarasis

• Stay at home dad with a Thermomix & 2 kids :)
    • View Profile
    • Tarasis.net
« Reply #3034 on: October 04, 2012, 09:36:39 am »
Oh to have a cleaner, one day. We did one for a time but he wasn't particularly good and haven't tried looking again since. No way he'd have done what Michele's manages in three hours.

So far today I've been largely hanging out here & having breakfast. Need to make some soda farls for lunch though, which requires washing the heavy based pan (ah to have a flat griddle), which means I should wash other things and ....

Lovely weather we're having  ;D
Rob from Buchholz i.d.N, Klecken, Hamburg, formerly (England) Burgess Hill, Goring By Sea, Brighton, (Northern Ireland) Bangor and Newtownards.

http://tarasis.net

Mama Fergie

« Reply #3035 on: October 04, 2012, 09:45:17 am »
Mine does 3 hours also but if I need her to do anything special I just get her to miss out cleaning guest rooms if they haven't been used .
I would hate to be without her now 😄

mcmich

« Reply #3036 on: October 04, 2012, 09:46:35 am »
Are you in Autumn Rob? My favourite time of year.
I've only been to Germany in winter and it was -6. My dad (passed away now) came out on The Snowy Scheme. Very fond memories of Omi and Opi when we visited.

Offline tarasis

• Stay at home dad with a Thermomix & 2 kids :)
    • View Profile
    • Tarasis.net
« Reply #3037 on: October 04, 2012, 09:53:02 am »
Yup it's autumn going on Winter. The leaves are merrily falling, the rain is on & off, the temps are dropping (only 7-12° today, rain and cold wind)

Where in Germany did you go?

The Snowy Scheme? Is that this? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snowy_Scheme_Museum
Rob from Buchholz i.d.N, Klecken, Hamburg, formerly (England) Burgess Hill, Goring By Sea, Brighton, (Northern Ireland) Bangor and Newtownards.

http://tarasis.net

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #3038 on: October 04, 2012, 11:54:10 am »
My cleaning lady comes 4 hours a fortnight, does floors, vacuums, mops, 2 bathrooms, toilets, windows.. thank God.. :)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Mama Fergie

« Reply #3039 on: October 04, 2012, 12:24:44 pm »
I thank god every time my cleaner comes too Robyn.  :) worth their weight in gold....... And mine is a big lady  ;D

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3040 on: October 04, 2012, 12:31:10 pm »
Hallelujah to all cleaners - why do they do a better job than us?  Perhaps if we got paid we might actually enjoy it and put more effort into it too. Nah, I would never clean houses for $30 or so an hour, I'd want $100 an hour I hate it that much  ;D
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline EmeraldSue

• View Profile
« Reply #3041 on: October 04, 2012, 12:47:10 pm »
Me too. There's a million things I'd rather do than clean my house  ;D
"A messy kitchen is a happy kitchen and this kitchen is delirious." Anonymous

Mama Fergie

« Reply #3042 on: October 04, 2012, 01:25:30 pm »
Ditto  ;D  ;D  ;D

I am happy keeping it neat and tidy, doing the laundry, shopping and of course cooking. For 100 dollars an hour it might be worthwhile but until then I will stick with my lovely Lee  :)

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #3043 on: October 04, 2012, 01:56:16 pm »
I'm quite happy to clean our house :) I'm the sort of person to clean something as soon as its dirty, so any mess is never usually too bad ;)

Offline Tasty

• View Profile
« Reply #3044 on: October 04, 2012, 02:28:58 pm »
Speaking of cleaners....we got a cleaner to clean the house we are moving into today (as mentioned in another thread) and one of the main things I wanted done were the very dusy blinds (venetians) in all of the rooms. The cleaner said she didn't do this as they need unscrewing and cleaning by a blind cleaner. I only know of the company 'Amazing blinds' and not sure how much this costs? Does anyone know?