Author Topic: 1 Hour Presentation - Help please?  (Read 5078 times)

Offline salval

• View Profile
1 Hour Presentation - Help please?
« on: May 19, 2011, 11:53:19 am »
I have a great opportunity to present to potentially 10-20 people a short TMX presentation - for 1 hour only.

I don't want to do the same format or dishes as a normal demo (as I'm hoping that from this presentation I might get a few demo bookings).

Can I be cheeky & ask for your help??...

What do you think are the best 3 dishes that are quick, effective, delicious, require minimal/basic washing (as there is only a tiny sink), & show the most of the TMX - in the space of an hour.

One suggestion was the Grapefruit/Ginger/Pineapple Juice (EDC) ** CADA with yoghurt (Cindi's) ** Pumpkin Soup (EDC)

I made the juice today & didn't love it - but I'm only one person - maybe most people really like it???

Am planning on pre-making a gluten free bread to serve.. Plus have samples of dukkah, washing powder and jam for guests to take home.

Thoughts please ??  :)

Karen
Mum of 3 (2 x 2-legged & 1 x 4-legged)
TMX Consultant in Newport, Melbourne

Offline Rogizoja

• View Profile
Re: 1 Hour Presentation - Help please?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2011, 12:53:59 pm »
If you've only got an hour I suggest the following:
1) Cheese sauce (great mainstay for everyday cooking). Start with grating parmesan then peeling/chopping garlic and parsley and finally make bread crumbs (shows multiple uses without having to wash bowl). Now move on to making thecheese sauce (still don't need to wash bowl) and pour this over pasta you've pre-cooked and top with breadcrumb/cheese/herb mix before bunging under the grill ready for next recipe (taste at the end).  Demonstrate bowl self-cleaning.
2) Italian sorbet (includes egg white) - shows power of TMX and great "wow" moment. Could do fruit sorbet or even try a pea & mint sorbet (sweet or savoury)
3) Creme brulee - quick, easy and impressive & shows example of great time saving (10 mins rather than 40+) and they'll lap it up (if they've got any taste buds)

Good luck and tell us how it goes.
If music be the food of love, play a tune on your Thermomix for your loved ones.

Offline Katya

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2011, 01:30:44 pm »
I think risotto might be a good thing to do as it is one of those things that TMX excels at and a lot of people don't like having to stand over a pan stirring all the time to make it manually.

Offline salval

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2011, 01:15:07 am »
Thanks for your replies so far. Really appreciate it.

I should have mentioned in my original post that there is no action kitchen. No oven. No stovetop. No fridge. Just a little sink.

I would love to make a sorbet, because I think it's a real 'wow' dish - but need to keep ice for about 2 hours prior to demo, without a freezer.. Also agree that risotto is a 'wow' dish too. Will think about that one.

Thanks guys,
Karen
Mum of 3 (2 x 2-legged & 1 x 4-legged)
TMX Consultant in Newport, Melbourne

Offline pandateddy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2011, 04:55:26 am »
I was really sold once i tasted the sorbet and saw how easy it is to make (and fruity dream too), so I would say that is a really safe bet. Risottos is a good one too. You definitely need a dessert one too, even a basic choc custard etc

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2011, 03:26:09 pm »
Take an esky and put your ice in with large lumps of ice that you've frozen in bowls.
What about doing Baf's Chicken Dish? That shows an all in one meal that is delicious!
I'd also have the Torte Caprese ready made to show.
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2011, 12:03:02 am »
Yes the risotto will give you the wow factor but I think you need to show how a Thermomix can be used in a time saving way very day. (risotto will take 20 mins if not longer)

if you can get your hands on a 2nd TM would be great

1st  TM do a few dips and a risotto no need to wash bowl a wipe will do
have plenty of wet tea towels I use a hot wet washers that I heat up in the mircowave

2nd TM milling, grating,grinding. choping. dry roasting,sauteing,keanding

this is  what I have done , in this order without washing or wiping the bowl.

Chopped onions and garlic
Chopped carrots
Chopped parsley
Made bread crumbs
Milled pepper corns
Made dough for bread
And a 4 cheese sauce and a soup.

good luck and have a fun night

Update 1.
you could grate cheese after the pepper
« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 06:07:54 pm by fundj&e »
i don't need a recipe i'm italian

Offline terstoo

• View Profile
    • gluten free goodies
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2011, 12:08:48 am »
My consultant did a demo for our P&C meeting. She did sorbet, Chinese style stir fry vegetables (EDC p92), muffins and something else. Can't remember what, it was some months back. But muffins wouldn't work for you if you have no oven.

But our P&C thought it was so good and that's how we were able to get a thermomix for our canteen. We use it so much in there, the school kids are loving all the things we make.