Author Topic: Another kitchen machine that heats and blends...  (Read 3455 times)

Offline bellesy

• View Profile
Another kitchen machine that heats and blends...
« on: May 24, 2011, 11:23:29 am »
Anyone seen this before?  A Morphy Richards Soup Maker.  Hold 1 litre, costs $170.

http://www.morphyrichards.com.au/ProductDetail.aspx?Product=48821

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Another kitchen machine that heats and blends...
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2011, 12:14:54 pm »
It is popping up in brochures all the time bellesy, haven't checked it out though.  It will prove to be just another of those appliances people can discard when they buy a Thermomix.  Kitchenwaredirect has it for $149 at the moment and the Cuisinart one for $259.  One litre of soup is not a lot though is it?
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2011, 12:18:16 pm »
Really.....why would you bother.  A pot and a stick blender would suffice.  At least the TM has many more functions and I believe longevity too.
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline Zan

• View Profile
    • My Thermomix Blog
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2011, 01:12:47 pm »
Another one of those one use appliances. Think it sounds quite good if you make a lot of soup as I hated the whole stick blender, pots, pouring thing pre tmx, but think that is a pretty stiff price for a one use appliance unless you eat an awful lot of soup. Can't even make the stock which I find is such a great money saver.

Offline bluesed

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2011, 02:14:47 pm »
There are hundreds of machines similar to the TMX though most of them dosnt have the complete amount of possibilities.
Another thing is that most of the home machines breaks very easily and you can get them repaired. Most of the professional machines can be repaired but none of them has all the functions as the TMX though they often can prepare larger quantities ex. my stick blender which can make puré in batches up till 300 liters.  :D