Author Topic: I'm here at long last  (Read 9410 times)

Offline Twitterpated

• View Profile
I'm here at long last
« on: February 28, 2011, 10:31:24 am »
Well it's been quite a task just to get this far. Let me tell you my story.....

A friend of mine phoned me just before Christmas and told me about this magical machine she had seen demonstrated. I proceed to make the appropriate noises and tried to change the subject but she banged on about it for a good 20 minutes. Now this might not seem strange to you but this friend of mine does not cook and in fact she detests it. She told me that after the first 10 minutes of the demonstration that she had made up her mind to buy the machine so I asked the obvious question....... How much did it cost???? Well never did I imagine that my friend would even willingly participate in kitchen activities, let alone spend that kind of money on what she used to call 'one of those gadgety things'.

At this point she invited me to a demonstration and having been a friend for many years, I felt obligated. So along I went and......................... after 10 minutes I too had to have one. So I ordered one and it arrived a week before Christmas - just in time to complete the festive offerings. In the week or so I waited for it to arrive, I surfed the internet and found this forum and thought I might join. Before I could do this I was swept up in the activities of New Year and the flooding (I am in Central Queensland). Finally I signed up in late January and waited for my email and ...... nothing. I tried to log in but no go. I requested new passwords, etc. and nothing. Prior plans then got in my way and I was off on holidays (almost 2 weeks in Thailand) and arrived back hoping there might be an email or that it had all sorted itself out - no such luck.

After two months of watching the goings on and not being able to comment, I was determined to get online. A new username and email and finally I am here. As for the Thermomix - I love it, my husband loves it and both the kids (teenagers) love it. We couldn't be without it now. Thanks goes to all those who contribute to this site as I have been reading and learning for the last few months, gathering recipes, hints, tips, suggestions and ideas.

Well that's about it for my introduction - see you on the forum.  :) ;D

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: I'm here at long last
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2011, 10:43:18 am »
Hi Twitterpated, thank goodness you didn't give up on joining this forum - I wonder what went wrong there.  Never mind, you are through the door now and feeling pretty comfortable with everything.  Sounds like you have a busy life so the TMX will help you greatly there.  Got to love the story about your friend - I can imagine how surprised you were that she was interested in something for the kitchen and was willing to pay the high price.  I'm sure you both will never regret your purchase and how nice is it having a friend you can discuss recipes with and give encouragement to. 
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Twitterpated

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2011, 10:50:50 am »
Hi Judydawn, Thanks for your warm welcome. By the way - when do you sleep?? It seems that whenever I read the recent posts you were on, had been on or went on not long after. You seem to really have your finger on the pulse with the TMX and I read with interest your comments and views on others' questions.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2011, 11:39:21 am »
 ;D ;D ;D  You are very observant Twitterpated.  I do confess to being a bit of a night owl but then have trouble getting out of bed some mornings.  This forum is great, much better than watching TV or doing housework  :-)) :-))

Offline JenniCB

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2011, 11:56:06 am »
Welcome Twitterpated! Now that you're actually able to be online with us I'm sure you'll discover just how addictive this website can be!!! That's a great story of how you came to have a TM. Glad you are loving it so far. Jen
Mum to 5 gorgeous kids, 3 bio aged 22,20 and 15, and 2 adopted aged 7 and 2.

Living in Western Australia

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2011, 12:51:23 pm »
Welcome to the forum Twitterpated..Great story about how you required your TM and that you are loving your new machine.I will look forward to chatting to you on the forum. :)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline andiesenji

• View Profile
    • Books, Cooks, Gadgets and Gardening
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2011, 05:55:12 pm »
Hi Twitterpated, and welcome.

I think you may have tried to join at a time when there was a problem with the forum server.  We had a few days of the server not allowing anyone to sign on, and if one did get connected, it took forever for a page to load.
I kept getting a "sorry, that address does not exist"  for an entire day.

However, our extremely capable managers took care of the problem and it has been going well since that glitch.

These things do happen and we must simply exercise patience, even though we have all become so used to "instant gratification."
I'm not OverWeight, I'm UnderTall!
My Blog: http://www.asenjigalblogs.com/

Offline terstoo

• View Profile
    • gluten free goodies
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2011, 08:37:01 pm »
Hi Twitterpated,

Glad you were finally able to join the forum. And like you said the people here are a wealth of knowledge, and they have some fantastic recipes nd even ideas that you wouldn't think about making in your TMX. My teenage boys and hubby love our TMX too, but are quite happy for 'Mum' to make things for them to eat. Just like boys!!  :D

Offline Master Moderator

• Thermomix Recipes
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Thermomix
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2011, 11:42:07 pm »
HiyyaTwitterPated,

Sorry about the problems in  joining the forum. I must have accidentally refused you :(    I think I am the only one to blame here... (slap slap).... anyway, you finally made it and it is lovely having you here. Have a great time with new friends and recipes..

Admin

Offline trudy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2011, 11:46:53 pm »
Sorry you had so much trouble joining.  Great that you kept trying - so a very warm welcome!!!!

Offline quirkycooking

• View Profile
    • Quirky Cooking
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2011, 03:27:19 am »
Hi Twitterpated! Great to see you didn't give up! Hope you enjoy all the great recipes here, and all the lovely people to chat to  ;D
Quirky Cooking: http://quirkycooking.blogspot.com/
Thermomix Consultant, Atherton Tablelands, FNQ, Australia.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2011, 05:09:52 am »
Welcome to the forum Twitterpated. I'm glad you persisted with your applications through floods and holidays. It will be well worth it.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline johnro

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2011, 12:34:08 am »
Welcome to this forum and the world of TMX, Twitterpated.  You certainly tagged the wonderful JD  :D very quickly - you can be sure that if you happen to post a query on the forum, Judy very quickly searches for an answer.  While the support form all is amazing - I am sure most would crown JD the queen of the forum.  Cheers  :D  :D
Robyn from Rockhampton, Qld  :)

I used to have a handle on life, then it broke.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2011, 03:15:59 am »
 :D :D There are lots of people on the forum willing to help out if needed Johnro, I'm just one of them.  Thanks for the title but the crown needs to be passed around from time to time to those who put the time and effort into moderating, giving advice on their specialities, welcoming all newcomers, posting recipes, posting reviews or just coming on for a chat and keeping this forum alive and well. It is a great team we have here as everyone knows.  :-* :-*

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2011, 10:34:34 am »
;D ;D ;D  You are very observant Twitterpated.  I do confess to being a bit of a night owl but then have trouble getting out of bed some mornings.  This forum is great, much better than watching TV or doing housework  :-)) :-))

I so agree jd much to my DH's disgust lol..he says between my iphone and laptop im always connected lol and have already hinted at the ipad to make it easier to view recipes in the kitchen etc or take anywhere..hrrmmm have to wait and see if that eventuates!
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 10:36:22 am by Frozzie »
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/