Author Topic: TMX Dukan Recipes - Low Fat, Low Carb, High Protein  (Read 17298 times)

Offline Catherine

• View Profile
TMX Dukan Recipes - Low Fat, Low Carb, High Protein
« on: January 28, 2012, 03:12:23 am »
Hi All,

I've started to experiment with converting Dukan Diet recipes for use in the TMX... here's my first attempt - and I think its absolutely delicious - and completely guilt free!

Thyme Chicken with Herb Sauce (adapted from the Dukan Diet Recipe, Book, 2010, p62)

Serves 2

Ingredients:

1/2 bunch of thyme
2 shallots
500g chicken thigh fillets, cut into 2 cm pieces)
Salt and pepper (I used freshly ground for both)
200g tub fat-free natural yoghurt
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1/3 bunch of parsley
A few mint leaves
1 garlic clove
veggies to steam - evenly chopped into smallish pieces (I used carrots and broccolini for colour)

Marinade:

1. Place the thyme and peeled shallots in the TMX bowl and chop finely 5-10 seconds on speed 7
2. Place this mixture into a bowl and mix through the chicken - use a few drops of water if the mixture looks a bit dry and doesn't stick.
3. Marinade in the fridge for around 30 minutes

Herb Sauce:

4. Place the lemon juice, parsley, mint leaves and garlic in the TMX and chop finely 5-10 seconds on speed 7
5. Add the yoghurt, salt and pepper and mix on reverse speed 1.
6. Remove and store in the fridge

Thyme Chicken:

7. Set up the varoma using 500g water
8. Place the marinaded thyme chicken in the varoma bowl and veggies in the varoma tray (I used carrot and broccoli)
9. Cook on varoma temperature for 15-25 minutes.

Serve chicken with the herb sauce and steamed veggies .  :)   

Catherine in Adelaide

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: TMX Dukan Recipes - Low Fat, Low Carb, High Protein
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2012, 03:54:15 am »
Sounds nice Catherine, so simple too.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Catherine

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2012, 05:06:30 am »
Thanks Judy - yes it is simple - and even for people not on these sorts of diets i think they are great recipes and help to return to more unprocessed foods.  I read somewhere recently that in 1950 the average Australian cosumed 12 kgs of sugar in their diet per year.  We now aparently consume 52 kgs - food for thought I think.  So Thermie is ideal for a much more unprocessed diet - as we all know! :)

I'm discovering that simplicity is the nice thing about Dukan recipes - without fail so far they have been simple and full of flavour.   I'll post some more as I convert them...
Catherine in Adelaide

Offline O4aTimtam

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2012, 12:19:58 pm »
Hi Catherine

Thanks for that conversion.  I lost 20kg by following Dr Dukan last year ... although have found 3kg again over the holiday season  :-)), so will be pleased to see more of your conversions.  I enjoyed Chelsea's Meatballs in the varoma (although more Dukan if you don't have the pasta  :)) http://fulllittletummies.blogspot.com/2010/07/filling-tummies-with-italian-meatballs.html

Timtam
Helen from Willetton, Western Australia   |

Offline thermoheaven

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2012, 10:38:22 pm »
oooh, that chicken sounds good. i might just give that a go! thanks, catherine!

timtam, what an accomplishment! 20kgs is exactly what i'd like to lose - any advice?

Offline O4aTimtam

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2012, 03:00:56 am »
Thanks Thermoheaven.  I really realised just how much 20kg was when I was putting a 18kg bag of firewood in the car boot last winter  :o.  I had trouble lifting it - and I had been carrying it around  ;D.

As for tips, with the Dukan diet essential you read the book before you start.  I heard about it from a friend, so ordered the book from my local library.  By the time I had finished reading it, I was in, and ordered the book online!  It is not for everyone, but thankfully was "the right one for me" last year.  There is also a really supportive Dukan Diet thread on Taste.com.au.  Without that I don't think I would have made it - like here - full of supportive people, keen to share and help one another.

Let me know if I can give you any more info  :).  Good luck with your weightloss journey, you will find the right way when you are ready, so much is flicking the switch in our head.

Timtam

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2012, 03:47:00 am »
TimTam wow. That is great,  congratulations.  Thanks also for the recipe.

Offline O4aTimtam

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2012, 05:07:19 am »
Thanks for your congratulations on my loss achookwoman.  But the credit for the recipe goes to Catherine who started the thread  :)

I've been meaning to suggest you add the web address link to your blog in your signature, then people can get at your wonderful recipes sooner.

Offline Catherine

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2012, 11:20:55 am »
Timtam congratulations on your 20kg loss - thats such an achievement and so encouraging.  And you are so right - it is about flipping the switch in your head.  I've lost over 6 kgs since late last year on Dukan - so its slow but steady - and I genuinely beleive after I've lost all my weight I might have a show of keeping it off this time.

I'll try Chelsea's meatballs as well - they sound yum!

Thermoheaven yes I think that recipe has turned out well - after you make it would you post and tell me what you think of it?

I'll start a new thread for each Dukan conversion recipe and put Dukan in the subject line so it should easily come up on search.
Catherine in Adelaide

Offline O4aTimtam

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2012, 01:16:16 pm »
Thanks Catherine, and well done on your 6kg loss to date :D.  More Dukan recipe TM conversions would be wonderfull, thank you!  There is a Dukan recipe thread over at Taste.com.au which might give you some new recipe ideas too.  I posted a PV chicken meatloaf there which is handly for lunches.    Look forward to hearing more about your Dukan journey, and send me a PM if you ever want to talk Dukan.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2012, 02:02:31 pm »
thanks catherine, I look forward to seeing more of your recipes and they will be very popular I am sure.
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline cecilia

• Renew. Refresh. Rejoice.
    • View Profile
    • Thermorevolution
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2012, 12:45:45 am »
Thank you for the recipe, Catherine.

I am just taking an interest in this diet.  Friends of DH have had great success with it and so has a (very disciplined) family member.

Have you tried the Ginger Trevally in Devil of a Cookbook?  That seems to get a Dukan diet tick - subject to correction from a more qualified observer.
"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." — Dalai Lama

https://www.facebook.com/thermorevolution

Offline chardie18

• View Profile
Re: Re: TMX Dukan Recipes - Low Fat, Low Carb, High Protein
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2012, 11:36:39 am »
Thanks for sharing this. I would love to see more high in protein low in carb recipes if anyone has any to share? Thanks, charde

Offline cecilia

• Renew. Refresh. Rejoice.
    • View Profile
    • Thermorevolution
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2012, 12:56:27 pm »
"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." — Dalai Lama

https://www.facebook.com/thermorevolution