Author Topic: TM5  (Read 277370 times)

Offline Essie

• View Profile
Re: TM5
« Reply #600 on: November 09, 2014, 06:58:57 am »
That looks awesome Gert..and I note the use of left over chicken😄
 I think it would be lovely to meet in person.

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: November 09, 2014, 07:37:32 am »
Slightly older than you Essie , but here what you are saying. I think when I first got  my 31 I wanted to use it for everything, you soon learn where it excels and use common sense.
Home ec wasn't fashionable when I went to school but neither was I. My Dh reckons it's one class that I have continued to benefit from.
FB is worth gleaning over, I still pick up odd helpful tips, a lot to cull though.
Agree with Gert try and come to Melbourne next Oct.
Denise

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: November 09, 2014, 11:32:23 am »
Essie we would love you to come to Melbourne next year.

I had a few problems with my 5 this afternoon. Error 160 where the machine closes down. I was able to re start it immediately but I think I will have to get it fixed.  :'(
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: November 09, 2014, 11:36:22 am »
It's sounds as though your TM5 needs attention Cookie. :'(
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline bluebear_74

• View Profile
« Reply #604 on: November 09, 2014, 11:38:15 am »
Do you have a trick to poached eggs, Gert? Mine never turn out. They tend to go everywhere when I pour them in.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #605 on: November 09, 2014, 11:54:29 am »
CP please share your scroll cutting with us. I have not had a problem but no doubt could try a different way if needed. I would like to make some mini ones.

Gert

There's a video on FB - Thermomumma
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline LillyPilly

• View Profile
« Reply #606 on: November 09, 2014, 07:40:17 pm »
My TM5 was delivered Wednesday evening, exactly 5 1/2 weeks after ordering. I have been living in a state of combined excitement and dread. If anyone is going to get a faulty electrical appliance, it is almost always me. Well, I've been giving it a good workout and not a hiccup, not an error code!

My lovely consultant said that TM has a chip that they can use to fix the faulty ones? I don't know anything more than that. She told me to make a list of any variation between the book and the chip and she will get it taken care of. She also said the rumour is that an own cookbook chip should be available 'in a couple of years'. No idea how it will work, but I expect it will tie in with the official recipe sites. Maybe it will be possible to download recipes posted there, ours and other people's. If it's not editable enough to allow user notes, I still don't see myself using it. However, if TM ever cracks the U.S. market, I expect 'jailbroken' chips and readers will start appearing 😄
TM5, delivered 05/11/2014 😍

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: November 09, 2014, 08:09:19 pm »
Good news that you now have your TM5 LIllyPilly. ;D
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #608 on: November 09, 2014, 08:25:22 pm »
Congratulations LillyPilly, have fun.

Offline LillyPilly

• View Profile
« Reply #609 on: November 09, 2014, 09:06:32 pm »
Thanks guys. Wonder, I feel guilty for enjoying it so much while you are still in limbo, even though you ordered yours earlier than I did  :-[   You could always ring ACA, or one of its ilk, as long as you don't mind being a public spectacle. Can you sob on cue?

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
Re:
« Reply #610 on: November 09, 2014, 09:42:53 pm »
I wish someone could work out how to jailbreak the TM5. That could be very handy indeed.
I have a Facebook page with all things cooking, you'll find it here: https://www.facebook.com/What-Amber-Ate-1097437023601587/

Offline LillyPilly

• View Profile
« Reply #611 on: November 09, 2014, 10:01:38 pm »
Jamberie, it's bound to happen, sooner or later. I want a recipe chip reader and a programme to let me write to the thing. Another good reason to expand the market, the more people who use a TM, the greater the chance of a tech savvy owner, or friend of owner actually doing it.

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #612 on: November 09, 2014, 10:58:30 pm »
LillyPilly, don't feel bad enjoy it while you are so excited, mine will come sometime soon I'm sure. I do admit to feeling a little annoyed when a recent member had already received and sold hers before I've even managed to get mine, but that's the way things go. I finally managed to get some time to cook a few things this weekend and I did think it would be nice to have the new machine but then thought about how many times I would need to wash the single bowl and was glad for my TM31 with it's two bowls. I'm always telling my kids "good things come to those who wait" so just need to be patient and take my own advice.

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: November 09, 2014, 11:05:23 pm »
I do love your positive outlook Wonder.  I feel awful too as I am sure you ordered the day before me.
Fingers crossed for this week.
There will be a forum celebration when it arrives.
Denise

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: November 09, 2014, 11:43:49 pm »
Do you have a trick to poached eggs, Gert? Mine never turn out. They tend to go everywhere when I pour them in.
I use either silicone moulds in the varoma or take a small cup, line  it with glad wrap, drop the egg in, twist the top and steam in varoma.
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.