Author Topic: MC on or off??  (Read 14255 times)

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
Re: MC on or off??
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2011, 10:07:50 pm »
Your not alone Uni
Denise

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2011, 10:10:26 pm »
 ;D thanks
i don't need a recipe i'm italian

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2011, 10:12:50 pm »
I was the same, Uni, I just couldn't understand how some many people looked exactly alike!!

Talking about losing your glasses.  I lost mine well and truly one day and it didn't matter where I hunted I simply couldn't find them - in the end, and quite by accident, I found them in the fridge!  I conceded defeat and immediately went down to the optometrists and purchased one of those chains that you slip onto the arms of your glasses and you can then hang them around your neck so you always know where your specs are!  Getting more and more like a granny every day :(
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2011, 11:16:05 pm »
It's amazing how many things get 'lost' as we get older. I'm sure there are gremlins in our house, it couldn't be me now, could it  :-)) :P :P ;) ;)
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2011, 10:46:14 pm »
Oh the gremlins visit often here. The mc gets lost, i used to use my hand for short jobs but now i have 2 bowls I am ok.
I have 2 pairs of glasses 1 are consitantly lost, only look for those when the other pair s lost, ds is always searching. Have to ring my mobile about 3 times a week to locate that too..LOL ;D
H :)
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2011, 03:41:40 am »
We have the gremlins too. At the moment DH has lost his reading only glasses so he has to use his multi focals to drill out screws on the old car. (they have over 80 years of rust on them). I guess they will turn up.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Katya

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2011, 08:35:55 am »
OH didn't exactly lose his glasses but he did say he was worried about his eyesight deteriorating until he realised he had put on an old pair.   :D :D

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2011, 11:30:34 am »
OH didn't exactly lose his glasses but he did say he was worried about his eyesight deteriorating until he realised he had put on an old pair.   :D :D
Now that is funny :D :D :D
Always losing my reading glasses,they are never where I think they should be  :-)) :-))
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2011, 07:53:00 am »
gremlins here too!! i often lose things and for the life of me cant find them then months later i find it where I am sure I looked at least a thousand times....im convinced the gremlins just put it back lol!
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline Lellyj

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2011, 09:41:36 am »
Well, I'm up to my neck in report writing, the adrenaline is kicking in and I spent two hours looking for my mobile phone today so I could ring a friend to tell her I was too behind to go for a walk with her.  I was almost in tears after two hours about wasting so much time and also having lost my phone.  My husband found it for me.  In my handbag.  Frozzie I'm sure a gremlin put it back as it wasn't there when I looked!!
Teacher and Mum in Phillip Island, Victoria

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2011, 09:45:59 am »
Was ur phone on silent Lelly, i hope so  ;D
i don't need a recipe i'm italian

Offline Lellyj

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2011, 10:04:04 am »
No, it was flat, as it turns out  >:(!!
Teacher and Mum in Phillip Island, Victoria

Offline auds

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2011, 11:28:24 pm »
Back to the MC discussion - I just work it out from what I am cooking and what I would do if I was using a saucepan or frying pan.  If you want it to reduce you take it off if not then dont.  I think I am getting the hang of the beast :)

Offline CarolineW

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2011, 03:32:12 pm »
Well, I'm up to my neck in report writing, the adrenaline is kicking in and I spent two hours looking for my mobile phone today so I could ring a friend to tell her I was too behind to go for a walk with her.  I was almost in tears after two hours about wasting so much time and also having lost my phone.  My husband found it for me.  In my handbag.  Frozzie I'm sure a gremlin put it back as it wasn't there when I looked!!

That happens to me at least once a week!  I swear the bag eats it and then spits it out again just to keep me in my place.  And I regularly have to phone myself to find whatever other obscure location I've left it.  Once it was the freezer ... :-))
As my picture shows, I've suddenly become younger :-)  DD was of the opinion that her picture should be here, not mine!