Author Topic: Camembert Stuffed Rolled Chicken Breasts with Cranberry Sauce  (Read 29208 times)

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
Camembert Stuffed Rolled Chicken Breasts with Cranberry Sauce
« on: November 12, 2014, 03:14:55 pm »
Name of Recipe: Camembert Stuffed Rolled Chicken Breasts with Cranberry Sauce
Number of People: 4
Ingredients:
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
125g Camembert
zest and juice of 2 oranges
160g + additional 50g fresh or frozen cranberries
50g brown sugar
1 Tbls balsamic vinegar

Preparation:
Butterfly chicken breasts, place each breast one at a time between two sheets of baking paper or cling film and tenderise/flatten with a meat mallet. Slice Camembert into pieces about 5mm thick and layer half over one end of each chicken breast. Roll up breasts so cheese in is rolled into middle and wrap each roll in Al foil or cling film. Place in Fridge until ready to cook.

Place zest of oranges and sugar in  *: and mill on speed 7-8 for 10 seconds or until zest is Incorporated into sugar. Add juice, balsamic and 160g cranberries to  *: place rolls into base of Veroma place choice of vegetables on tray and put Veroma on TM. Cook Veroma, 30 minutes, speed 2. When the timer sounds remove Veroma, blitz sauce at speed 8 for about 10 seconds, add additional 50g whole cranberries and cook for 2 min 100 degrees reverse speed 1.

Slice each roll into 6 slices and serve with cranberry sauce.

Photos:

Tips/Hints:

I served this on asparagus with little yellow squash and cinnamon roasted sweet potato wedges.

I found the Cranberry sauce a bit  tart still so next time I will increase the amount of sugar (I might double it) I also think I will only use one orange and replaces the juice of the second orange with white wine.

I was a little bit disappointed at how much cheese I lost out the ends etc. I am not sure how to fix this so I welcome suggestions.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Camembert Stuffed Rolled Chicken Breasts with Cranberry Sauce
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2014, 05:44:01 pm »
Nice recipe DD.You could try wrapping the rolls in Parma Ham but my cheese seems to escape when cooking too.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2014, 12:08:34 am »
I saw Camambert Stuffed...... And thought this has to be my sort of recipe. It sounds fantastic.
We had chicken, stuffed with cheese, wrapped in prosciutto last night. I tried to cook them as quickly as I could but still lost some of the cheese. I just scoop it up and serve it with the chicken, it is annoying though and I would love to know how to stop it.
I'll definitely try this DD.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2014, 06:58:53 am »
sounds yummy Den :)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2014, 09:05:02 pm »
I made this meal yesterday but I cooked the rolled breasts (each breast wrapped in 3 thin slices of prosciutto) in my sous vide machine instead, which left them meltingly tender.  I quickly seared them off in a hot frypan once cooked, but unfortunately I didn't get the best photo to show this.

While the breasts were cooking I made the sauce in the TM and just had to reheat in the microwave when the chicken and everything else was ready to serve.

This is what I did for the sauce: I used about ½ cup of fresh orange juice and ¼ cup white wine with the fine zest of 1 orange and only 3 tsp of balsamic but left the cranberry and sugar amounts the same as the recipe.  The sweetness was fine with us but I did use a lovely sweet orange from my garden so that might have helped.

I added the zest, sugar, orange juice, wine, balsamic and 160g cranberries into TM bowl.
Cooked 10 mins/V temp/speed 2 MC off, scraped down bowl.

Pureed 30 secs/speed 10.  Scraped down bowl then added the extra 50g cranberries.
Cooked 2 mins/100C/Reverse + speed 1. MC on.

I served with steamed vegies and potato bake.

Both DH and I really enjoyed it and I have some of the sauce left over which I'll either freeze or use up in some way.

Thanks for a nice, tasty recipe.  :D

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2014, 09:32:58 pm »
Beautiful photography Julie.Your chicken looks scrumptious.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2014, 09:43:31 pm »
Excellent result Julie,I  miss your photos.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline trudy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2014, 10:31:57 pm »
Thanks Julie.  Did you have trouble finding fresh/frozen cranberries?  Have only looked in one supermarket and all I can seem to find is dried ones!!!!

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2014, 12:13:43 am »
Trudy I bought mine in Coles in the freezer section where you find frozen blueberries, raspberries etc.  I couldn't get them in Woolies.  They are so lovely, look more like grapes, really impressed with the quality.

This is the bag to look out for;

Thankyou Cornish and Judy  :D  Have been slack lately, first photo I've taken for ages.  :-))

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2014, 12:59:17 am »
This looks amazing. Trudy I find that Coles is the best place for the frozen cranberries.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/