Author Topic: What book are you reading?  (Read 507216 times)

Offline mab19

• View Profile
Re: What book are you reading?
« Reply #1755 on: November 21, 2019, 11:37:17 pm »
Just started reading The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society again.  It is such a lovely book ... I first read it many years ago and loved it then and it is just as good second time around.

I loved that book too Marina, I don't read a lot but did enjoy that one.
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1756 on: November 22, 2019, 04:21:12 am »
Olive,Again. Loved Olive Kitterage, Recent books A Minute To Midnight. Blue Moon. All The Light We Cannot See.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #1757 on: November 27, 2019, 12:06:32 am »
Great reading everyone. I have just read The Nowhere Child loved it so picked up Christine Whites second novel The Wife and The Widow , he is an Australian crime author too . Read The Boy swallows universe, not my favourite book.
So much to read never enough time .

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #1758 on: November 27, 2019, 03:50:36 am »
I've tried reading Boy Swallows Universe a couple of times but haven't been able to get into it.  Maybe I will try again in a year or so and start from the beginning again.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1759 on: November 27, 2019, 07:47:24 am »
I have The Wife and the Widow waiting to be read. I'm reading a Donna Leon book for book club at the moment. I have read a few of them, I'm really enjoying this one.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #1760 on: November 18, 2020, 10:58:29 pm »
Ok so I had a reading slump during covid but the only books I read were my bookclub ones . But I thought that I  need to get back into reading more so I’ve bumped this to help anyone in the same slump . Just finished , audio and reading , all the shimmering sky’s by Trent Denton , much better than Boy Swallows Universe. Hard to get into but worth pushing through.
Have on the list to read The loudness of unsaid Things Hilde Hinton and The Survivors Jane Harper . Read all of Jane Harpers books so hopefully not disappointed. What’s everyone else been reading .

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #1761 on: November 18, 2020, 11:21:03 pm »
Ok so I had a reading slump during covid but the only books I read were my bookclub ones . But I thought that I  need to get back into reading more so I’ve bumped this to help anyone in the same slump . Just finished , audio and reading , all the shimmering sky’s by Trent Denton , much better than Boy Swallows Universe. Hard to get into but worth pushing through.
Have on the list to read The loudness of unsaid Things Hilde Hinton and The Survivors Jane Harper . Read all of Jane Harpers books so hopefully not disappointed. What’s everyone else been reading .

Katie, I have just started reading All the Shimmering Skies after finishing Boy Swallows Universe.  I really had to persevere with Boy Swallows Universe and I think the next one will be the same.  Have also read Jane Harper's book Survivor, I preferred her other books.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1762 on: November 19, 2020, 08:22:17 am »
I read The Survivors a couple of books back. I’ve just finished Silver by Chris Hammer. I loved that and last night I started Deadman’s Track by Sarah Barrie. So far I’m enjoying it.

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #1763 on: November 20, 2020, 02:58:23 am »
I read The Survivors a couple of books back. I’ve just finished Silver by Chris Hammer. I loved that and last night I started Deadman’s Track by Sarah Barrie. So far I’m enjoying it.

Cookie, I have read 3 books by Chris Hammer.  Scrublands, Trust & Silver.  They were all good but I think Scrublands was the best.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1764 on: November 20, 2020, 05:59:44 am »
I have Trust waiting to be read. I think he is a great author. We are home now so there will be no more siting for an hour or two reading. Very sad. I could do it at home but I would fall asleep in my comfy rocker.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #1765 on: February 16, 2022, 10:45:22 am »
Cannot believe it’s been ages since we all posted here .
So I’m about to start Miss Dior , a story of courage and couture by Justine Picardie. Looking forward to this one . Also waiting to be read is The Labyrinth . What is everyone reading or on you TBR pile !!

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1766 on: February 16, 2022, 11:34:44 am »
My TBR pile has aever the house. 😀😀😀 I have just finished Unforgiven by Sarah Barrie. I really loved it.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #1767 on: February 16, 2022, 09:07:48 pm »
GD is reading The Dressmaker for year 12 English. So I’m reading it so we can talk about it. Have  just finished Tara Moss , War Widow. Good light reading.

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #1768 on: February 17, 2022, 05:07:13 am »
I've done quite a bit of reading lately.  Cry of the Curlew & Shadow of the Osprey by Peter Watt.  Blue Moon by Lee Child.  The Kookaburra Creek Cafe by Sandie Docker and a couple of books by Gary Disher.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1769 on: February 17, 2022, 11:21:53 am »
I really enjoy Gary Disher books Mab.
I enjoyed The Dressmaker Chookie. I have accidentally discovered a new author. He was harvesting up near where I grew up and we later taught. He has just released a new book. His name is Michael Trant. I was able to chase up his earlier books and I enjoyed them. Very Australian with some mystery thrown in.