Author Topic: What are you cooking today?  (Read 8988388 times)

Offline Hannah

• View Profile
Barb from Aldgate, South Australia

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: What are you cooking today?
« Reply #826 on: June 09, 2009, 05:30:22 am »
Sorry to read of the egging Judy, bet they pinched their Mum's eggs and didn't buy them. :'(

I made Baf65's all in the TMX dinner the other night and it was lovely. I must get to using the Varoma more.
Last night it was cool so whipped up anther soup. Mainly cauliflower, but with a carrot and small onion in. Very nice. It's great to be able to say 'it's cold let's have soup' and make it in less than half an hour.

Still battling to get through all the new posts on this site. Have been rather busy running round for ma-in-law as DH is working. Haven't started on all the new recipes yet, I know once I do I will want to be home cooking, not going to JP's and Landgate and nursing homes.  Ooh, can't wait. :-))
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: June 11, 2009, 10:04:01 am »
Today my TM has been pretty busy.  Haven't made a batch of pizzas for months so decided today was the day.  For lunch we shared one of them (took some around to Mum too) and DH and Mum both thought they were tops.  I wasn't that wrapped but maybe that was because I cooked them but they were pretty good I guess. I then did Brons Minestrone soup but had to go to the shop to buy the vegies so whilst there I also got the ingredients for Brons vegetable stock concentrate as I had finally run out of the original batch I did.  Then, when rummaging through the fridge I found 1/2 avocado and remembered a drink which Alina posted back in November last year so did that. Blitzed all my peelings for the compost heap to finish off the day. Will post reviews under the respective topics.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 02:00:25 pm by judydawn »
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Amanda

• View Profile
    • Lambs Ears and Honey
« Reply #828 on: June 11, 2009, 11:01:41 am »
Sorry to hear of your egging JD, what a nuisance and I know that it can be a real problem to clean up.
Some friends of mine were egged while they were away, in the middle of January.
Of course it dried like concrete, and they had to get it professionally blasted off their stone walls and were very unhappy.
Freelance food/travel writer. Lives in the Adelaide hills and writes a food blog - http://www.lambsearsandhoney.com

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
    • brazen's culinary adventures
« Reply #829 on: June 11, 2009, 11:04:19 am »
am very uninspired cookingwise atm so only thing was the usual breakie plus pasta e fagiole for dinner. made quite a few changes to the pasta and was gluten free so will try to post the recipe on my blog tonight :)
Karen in Canberra :)
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog
Thermomix Magic Group Blog

Offline wombleydoo

• View Profile
« Reply #830 on: June 11, 2009, 12:18:41 pm »
Haven't been doing much more than basics lately. Too busy painting the inside of the house.

Tonight though, I made 2 batches of profiteroles (inspired by Masterchef). How easy is the Choux pastry?! Also tried out the short pastry. Again.. how easy! I don't know why I haven't tried them before! In an hour and a half, I had 2 batches of profiteroles, a batch of the custard and the pastry. Was going to make the DUlce de Leche, but don't have cream, so will do that tomorrow. I'm having some ladies over tomorrow night, so supper is going to be delicious!

I wanted to make the Croquembouche, but too chicken to do the caramel, plus I have no time to do all that fiddly stuff this weekend. My bro said he'd do it if I did the profiteroles and custard. So I might have to make some more tomorrow. We are having lunch on Sun for some birthdays (mine and my cousins wife and my dd's) so... perfect birthday cake!
Cathy
Living the QLD life with DH and 4 kids.

Offline I Love Bimby!

• View Profile
    • Thermomix in North East Victoria
« Reply #831 on: June 11, 2009, 12:33:35 pm »
Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Wombleydoo, Happy birthday to you!
 ;D ;)
For a healthier lifestyle.
Thermomix addict and consultant.

http://thermomixinnortheastvictoria.blogspot.com/ - My Blog

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
    • brazen's culinary adventures
« Reply #832 on: June 11, 2009, 12:39:18 pm »
yay, love birthdays!! happy birthday wombleydoo!!!
Karen in Canberra :)
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog
Thermomix Magic Group Blog

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: June 11, 2009, 01:56:54 pm »
Have a lovely birthday Wombleydoo.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: June 11, 2009, 02:03:06 pm »
Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Wombleydoo, Happy birthday to you!
 ;D ;)
I actually sang this in my mind and it all goes together really well.  Well done ILB and happy birthday Cathy.  Glad your cream puffs worked out.

Offline bron

• View Profile
« Reply #835 on: June 11, 2009, 05:10:06 pm »
Happy birthday Cathy, hope you manage to get a sit down and put your feet up on THE day, sounds like you will be busy though!
Amanda

Spain

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #836 on: June 12, 2009, 12:43:57 am »
Happy birthday MasterBimbette Cathy - croquembouche - hero status.  ;D ;D :-* :-*
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline Rowyfo

• View Profile
« Reply #837 on: June 12, 2009, 12:53:16 am »
If you make the croquembouche... try not to sweat into it. :D

After seeing that I didn't think the profiteroles were going to be easy. Must try it, in that case. And then not eat a hundred of them. :)

Have a great birthday!!
Row

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #838 on: June 12, 2009, 01:14:36 am »
They are not that hard to make - but you need time and patience.  I saw part of the program and think that was just cruel !!
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: June 12, 2009, 11:35:10 am »
Having a leftover day today but just had to do something in my Rowdy so made Dean aka K3's mandarin sorbet - not quite the weather for it but it was the easiest thing I could come up with.   Hardest part was getting the pips out ;D ;D  Nice one K3.