Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6115087 times)

Offline deedub

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #11355 on: November 07, 2013, 12:50:15 am »
Hi all, working from home so thought I'd try to catch up - hopeless task! Also trying to find inspiration for SS present, think I need a day to go shopping, hopefully next week. My new iPhone5 arrived yesterday so spent the morning getting it set up, very relieved that contacts & calendar have copied across with no problems. Nice too that work are paying for it  ;), love my new job!
Melbourne, inner north

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #11356 on: November 07, 2013, 02:37:05 am »
It's hard to catch up if you are away for a few days. I'm struggling with my SS present but will try shopping on Saturday.

It's great when work pay for your phone, I've never had to pay for mine and it's a small benefit that has a huge (non monetary) value.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11357 on: November 07, 2013, 04:25:29 am »
It's hard to catch up if you are away for a few days. I'm struggling with my SS present but will try shopping on Saturday.

It's great when work pay for your phone, I've never had to pay for mine and it's a small benefit that has a huge (non monetary) value.

Possibly why I have the very first iPhone that was handed down to me. My plan is so old it doesn't have any Internet included. But it suits me. I couldn't see on it to use the Internet anyway.

I have been cleaning the house. Will leave it tidy and clean for DH. He is pretty good though.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 04:30:34 am by cookie1 »
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11358 on: November 07, 2013, 05:42:44 am »
That is a very  nice thing Deedub. Very nice indeed.

Wonder your SS gift does not have to be something particularly special or even interesting. This is not a contest. Start thinking maybe of everyday things like a nice towel or  smelly soap or  a quality tea towel. A good bag of coffee beans or a packet of tea a bit different. If they bake a lot then nice vanilla beans or essence. Maybe some gelatine which is my opinion is special as it can be expensive. Maybe an interesting bread tin it they are not a sweet person. Well we all are sweet. If all else fails there is nothing better than a gift card. I was looking at some in Woolies today and didn't realise you could buy so many. Goodness there are a raft of not expensive books out now. Some are cheaper than on Kindle which makes me cross . Thinking of that you can send a book via Amazon without having your identity revealed I think. If your SS is going to Hobart she is going to need a scarf. How about a lipstick? Can't go past some mascara. I think we could all use a new lippy from time to time. Anyway a few ideas hoping to help. Of course a lippy would not be appropriate for the guys perhaps.

I was luck I took the lovely scarf  Judy gave me for Adelaide. Thank you judy.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #11359 on: November 07, 2013, 07:13:51 am »
A sewing day here today with friends.

Friends DH who looks after my computer spent a good part of the day updating  it to Windows 8.1.  Another new learing experience coming up. :)
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #11360 on: November 07, 2013, 08:38:58 am »
This morning I watched as some old guy in a bomb car tried to park at the shopping centre. He hit the car next to him, reversed and then straightened up his parking. He got out and I said to him "are you going to leave a note on the window?", and he rubbed the bumper and said "thats not too bad its nothing!" as he was trying to rub the scratches and damage off. I handed him a piece of paper and pen so he begrudgingly wrote down his name and number and then walked off. Then the car owner came back and chased after him while I was writing down his number plate etc and my contact details as a witness. He told her he didn't have insurance but it won't cost more than $250. I said "no, that will be more than $1000 as it will need a new bumper etc". He came back after about 5 mins and he was so rude - and then as we were taking a photo of his car parked next to the car owner he said "now I don't want to run you over, so you'd better get out of the way" and drove off! What a wally
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11361 on: November 07, 2013, 08:45:23 am »
I doubt that the name and telephone number he wrote down was genuine CP but he should be able to be tracked down through the registration plates.  We don't need people like that in our lives and how nice of you to speak up on behalf of the car owner.  I'd have you in my corner any day.  :-* :-*
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11362 on: November 07, 2013, 08:56:03 am »
Don't that just make  yer  day CP?

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline LouLouB

• View Profile
« Reply #11363 on: November 07, 2013, 09:26:33 am »
Today I have been busy -

dealing with estate agents, organising a conveyancer as we're moving.

I've also been trying to decide which TM books to buy, while trying to find out the contents of all the books on my wishlist .. . . oh and taking care of my overseas visitors and my 13month old bub. Gotta love having a day off! ;)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11364 on: November 07, 2013, 09:39:39 am »
CP you are a good person.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11365 on: November 07, 2013, 09:54:39 am »
CP you are a star and such a good person :-* :-*
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
Re: Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #11366 on: November 07, 2013, 09:58:16 am »
Thank you CP! My car was once hit (by the owner of an Audi A8) and the owner drove off. A couple of kind onlookers left a note on my car and the police were able to track down the owner. .. barely a scratch on his car but $2k damage on mine! Because of the kind onlookers I didn't have to pay my excess :)
I have a Facebook page with all things cooking, you'll find it here: https://www.facebook.com/What-Amber-Ate-1097437023601587/

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #11367 on: November 07, 2013, 10:25:51 am »
probably meddling busy body is a more apt description ha ha
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline Mama Fergie

• View Profile
« Reply #11368 on: November 07, 2013, 11:04:48 am »
Well done CP some people have no morals whatsoever.

*suzanne*

Re: Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #11369 on: November 07, 2013, 12:44:54 pm »
some truly wonderful people in the world great job cp :D