Author Topic: Coffee Machine  (Read 36115 times)

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
Re: Coffee Machine
« Reply #75 on: June 29, 2013, 02:36:33 pm »
I think people have forgotten about loose tea over here!

Offline Thermesa

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 29, 2013, 09:56:46 pm »
Looks great Jamberie. I wish DH drank hot drinks at home. It's quite social having a cuppa tea and we miss out on that.

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 29, 2013, 10:00:33 pm »
I think people have forgotten about loose tea over here!

We should start a movement back to loose leaf - there's really no comparison!!

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 29, 2013, 10:05:22 pm »
You bet. I am about to brew a pot of Russian Caravan.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #79 on: June 30, 2013, 12:24:01 am »
Good choice of coffee machine,  and good price.  Yes love tea leaves. Gunpowder, Russian Caravan and some of the special English blends are very nice. . Bought some Japanese tea leaves in Japan,  but they taste like green grass cuttings to us.  We have plungers of all sizes.  Very handy, although I tend to make the mix too strong.   

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 30, 2013, 12:41:24 am »
All we use at home is loose tea. We have a collection of different teas, oolong, Japanese sencha, masala chia, puerh tea & jasmine tea. DW insists on buying the correct tea pot to go with each type of tea so we have a small collection of tea pots too.

We only use tea bags at work or to make iced tea.

My coffee machine needs to be serviced. I've been putting it off for as long as I can because I know I'll be with out it for at least 2 weeks.

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 04, 2013, 04:40:50 am »
After years of drinking just Moccona after our coffee machine died I'm thinking of purchasing a new one. We both drink flat white with DH and friends preferring capuccino and the kids liking there hot chocolate. As we aren't coffee connoisseurs but the one reason we haven't purchased a new machine is that I like my coffee very hot and found that many machines make what I regard as only a luke warm coffee.

After reading a lot of reviews including those on here I'm thinking we will purchase a Jura but would like opinions on these two models. I'm swaying to the cheaper one with the seperate milk frother only because I'm thinking the milk might get hotter.

http://shop.davidjones.com.au/djs/en/davidjones/c9-one-touch-fully-automatic-coffee-machine
http://www.appliancesonline.com.au/jura-coffee-machine-13682/

Offline courton

• View Profile
    • Blendstyle
« Reply #82 on: July 04, 2013, 05:24:03 am »
We were exactly in the same boat as you. After having an extremely expensive coffee machine work only sometimes, we drank instant for years. We bought the Jura Micro 1 at Christmas time and love using it. Our teenager makes hot choc every night. It comes with a separate milk frother. We got that as part of the purchase price from DJ and paid around the same price.

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 04, 2013, 05:31:53 am »
thanks courton, we actually took our Kleenmaid in to be serviced and the original quote was over $1,000 and we never bothered ringing the repairers back we were so annoyed. i'm sure he ended up fixing it for half the price and reselling to someone else. I'm pretty wary this time around.

When I first looked at appliances online they included the frother for that price but now it doesn't seem to be showing up.

Are you able to just get hot water from the machine to make the hot chocolate and then use the milk frother? Also do you find the coffee is as hot as from a kettle?

Offline courton

• View Profile
    • Blendstyle
« Reply #84 on: July 04, 2013, 05:51:41 am »
Hi, it does not heat water alone. In terms of the hotness of the coffee I have a weak coffee with lots of soy...so I am not the best judge. Highly recommend you call Jura to find out where their demonstration is being held and check it out for yourself before you make the final decision. They are lovely and friendly team and very helpful. But we definitely got the milk frother as part of the deal

PS Costco was stocking Jura ...may be worth finding out their price.

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 04, 2013, 06:39:24 am »
Mine heats the water  and the milk .
 Harvey Norman will give you a demo.

Gert

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 05, 2013, 07:15:07 am »
Had a quick look at these at harvey norman today and as usual I'm getting swayed to spending much more money than I originally thought. DJ's sale end on Sunday but Jura said that harvey norman are about to start a sale and have a demonstrator at our local harvey norman tomorrow so I'll go and have a look and ask a few more questions. The customer service person was great and went over the models with me on the phone and gave me her recommendation which surprisingly was the middle model. Gert from looking at your posting in this thread, the model you have is what the girl at Harvey norman was trying to sell me today. She made me a latte and it was way to strong for me but was nice and hot.

mcmich

« Reply #87 on: July 05, 2013, 07:22:59 am »
Good luck with it Wonder. I got rid of our Delonghi because the coffee wasn't hot enough.

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 05, 2013, 07:49:47 am »
That's one of the reasons I never really liked our last one but I was impressed with the sample I had at lunchtime. I think I will probably be posting in the shopping thread soon.

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 05, 2013, 09:22:03 am »
Wonder  you can adjust he strength and the amount of milk any time permanently and also as you brew a cup for those who want it stronger or weaker. Set your favourites then add and subtract for guests.

There is a model exactly like mine without the digital display which is cheaper still. I just had to have the display so Imcoild change the pics but it is EXACTLY the same system.  If the mild container is not included you can still make milk coffee by using your milk bottle or a jug.

Gert