Author Topic: Megan's Perfect Pasties  (Read 36929 times)

Offline Halex

• View Profile
Re: Megan's Perfect Pasties
« Reply #45 on: April 26, 2012, 04:45:09 am »
They look yumbo JD, soon I i will make some more.

We all loved them

H :)
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #46 on: April 27, 2012, 01:41:23 pm »
I'm so glad that everyone is enjoying these. I guess you don't need to use such a high temperature for bought puff pastry, JD.
I've made these quite a few times since and have added potato occasionally. Really, any veggies will do

I now don't add peas, though as they always seem to catch between the pastry folds! I mainly make mini ones now which go down a treat for arvo tea.
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 27, 2012, 01:44:47 pm »
I'll lower the temp next time then MJ.  I took some around to Mum and received a phone call later that night telling me how delicious they were.  She was a great pasty maker in her day but spoilt them once she started adding dried thyme - she soon got told  ;D
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline peterseaford

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 13, 2014, 04:53:19 am »
well mine are in the oven now and they smell beaut - made the pastry from the EDC and it felt really soft and beautiful - wonder how it will taste.

Gee this Thermomix is some machine - really have fun using it

regards

peter

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 13, 2014, 04:57:07 am »
Glad you are enjoying your TMX - hope the pasties turn out well, but it sounds as if you have got it all under control.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 13, 2014, 07:06:54 am »
It makes you want to cook and you enjoy it. I love how I now make our own bread, jam, pickles, icecream etc etc.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline peterseaford

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 13, 2014, 11:20:39 pm »
maybe beginners luck but I made the pastry in the EDC and your recipe except I added 2 tablespoons of oats.

They are fantastic - thank you - made four from the EDC pastry and two from shop bought pastry that I had in the fridge - will never buy again as the Thermomix pastry  just tasted better.

Having read the forum thought it was just a fluke so tried again this morning and they look just as good again

Found that the EDC Shortcrust pastry was enough for 4 pasties each around  190 g

thanks for a beaut pastie

regards

peter

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #52 on: March 02, 2014, 08:28:01 am »
Great job! I must try the EDC pastry next time. I also add a Tbsp rolled oats to the filling now. It absorbs the extra liquid and the pastry doesn't go soggy.
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 24, 2014, 08:16:47 am »
I made these again today and they were delicious.  I added some potato and a bit of broccollini that I found in the fridge.  I also added a tablespoon of tomato sauce.  I used the full mixture of rough puff pastry and it made 16 small pasties. This is all that is left. :D
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #54 on: July 25, 2014, 01:50:30 pm »
I often add potato to mine, too. I think the main secret is to add lots of black pepper and either salt or beef stock powder. Turnip is also essential for the true pastie flavour.
The Bush Gourmand