Author Topic: Adelaide Easter class-anyone go?  (Read 4040 times)

Offline thermie crew

• View Profile
Adelaide Easter class-anyone go?
« on: April 11, 2011, 12:37:26 pm »
Has anyone gone to the Easter class in Adelaide this week? I'm booked in for the second session in the Barossa Valley next week so keen to hear feedback and/or find out if anyone from the forum will be there.  :)
Clare from Adelaide, mum of 3 littlies :)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Adelaide Easter class-anyone go?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2011, 05:54:00 am »
How exciting having a class in the Barossa Valley. Think of all the places you could go as well.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Lovemythermo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2011, 08:31:47 am »
I went to the Easter class thermie crew. It was very good, it certainly had a Polish feel about it which I didnt mind.

I do think though that some people might have come away thinking it was a bit expensive at $45. At least you get wine tasting at yours!

Offline thermie crew

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2011, 02:20:13 am »
Glad you enjoyed it Lovemythermo. The wine tasting will be a plus definatley! If only I had a driver coming with me  :D I assumed that for $45 there'd be a lot of food to share around so fingers crossed. If it doesn't seem worth the money I'll think twice before going to another one, for that price I could have had a rare meal out worth hubby.

I live quite close to the Barossa Valley now cookie1, haven't made the most of it yet but am going to the Lyndoch family fun day next week as part of their wine festival this year  ;)

Offline Lovemythermo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2011, 04:09:05 am »
Let us know what you think after tonight's class thermie crew will be interested to hear what you thought.

Offline thermie crew

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2011, 02:23:43 am »
I thought the class was fantastic Lovemythermo. Glass of wine upon arrival (though no wine matching as advertised), great recipes seen in action, nice atmosphere and interesting cheffy tips from Judyta. But the food serves were very small compared to the back to basics class I once went to and that's where I wonder if it was too overpriced. I should have had dinner before going!!

Offline Lovemythermo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2011, 06:25:38 am »
Yes I thought so to. I suspected that the serves may be small so had a light meal before I went. There would have been at least half the numbers of people that attended the Christmas class, perhaps the price put people off. Perhaps WEA charges a hefty room hire fee?

I still came away feeling inspired to try a couple of the recipes, like the brioche. I just wish they would hold classes like back to basics but slightly more advanced. I don't think its on the cards though!

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2011, 07:20:09 am »
It would be good.  Perhaps it will happen as more and more people have the machines and they want something extra.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/