Author Topic: Going to Paris  (Read 79570 times)

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
Re: Going to Paris
« Reply #150 on: June 04, 2013, 02:01:50 pm »
😁.. A little bit jealous that home or my second home is now so far away.. Missing the food in France NOT the climate though..
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline Jude59

• View Profile
    • Jude's Family Cafe
« Reply #151 on: June 12, 2013, 11:06:43 pm »
The weather in Spain and France was definitely not what we have had on previous visits.   But the past week in Paris has been sunny and lovely.  Left yesterday even though there was an air controller strike. Most long haul flights still leaving, although I told dh I was hoping our flight wasn't leaving as we were having a ball. In Singapore for a couple of days now and then back home to cats, rats, kids and grand kids and very importantly my TMX!
My Blog - Jude's Family Cafe -
http://judefamilycafe.typepad.com/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 13, 2013, 12:46:40 am »
It's good to hear you had some nice weather Jude and that you have thoroughly enjoyed your holiday.  All good things come to an end though and it will be nice to come home to see your family and get into the kitchen with your Thermomix.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline trudy

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 13, 2013, 01:38:03 am »
Judy I'm glad that the Paris put on a good show for your last week.  We were over there this time last year and had quite a lot of rain.  Spoke to a friend who lives in Tuscany at the weekend.  It's very cold there with lots of rain which is very unusual as by now it should be quite warm.  Have a safe flight home!!!

Offline Jude59

• View Profile
    • Jude's Family Cafe
« Reply #154 on: June 13, 2013, 02:26:10 am »
Looking forward to seeing my kitchen again Judy :)  Trudy, I think most of Europe seems to be having unseasonal weather...... A lot of the time Melbourne (home), temps were better than we were getting!!!
My Blog - Jude's Family Cafe -
http://judefamilycafe.typepad.com/

mcmich

« Reply #155 on: June 13, 2013, 03:19:51 am »
Sounds like you had a wonderful trip Jude.  :)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 13, 2013, 05:37:26 am »
Jude I am sure you will be happy to be home and see everyone and of course all those lovely memories you have created.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Emme

• View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 13, 2013, 07:34:14 am »
So glad the weather was nice for your stay in Paris, sounds like you have had a wonderful time.  Thank you for sharing your holiday. 

Marie

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #158 on: July 07, 2013, 01:38:40 pm »
Accommodation is booked - two weeks in Paris in a gorgeous apartment in St Germain. Prior to Paris, we'll do Normandy for a few days and spend ANZAC day there.
My middle sister has been working (she's actually retired, but is such a great teacher, they keep asking her back) and is upgrading us to Business Class on the flight to Paris. Soooo lucky! Qantas lounge, Veuve Clicquot, here we come!
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 07, 2013, 01:58:46 pm »
Lucky you MJ, only way to go.  Nice sister you have there  ;)
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Yvette

• View Profile
« Reply #160 on: July 08, 2013, 01:07:40 am »
Lucky you MJ  :) :)

mcmich

« Reply #161 on: July 08, 2013, 05:30:02 am »
Sounds excellent MJ. I've only ever flown economy can only imagine how nice business class would be.

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #162 on: July 08, 2013, 05:59:02 am »
You will love it mj.. Flew business class to France when ds was little .. A godsend .. Huge difference on long haul flights and the staff are amazing.. Enjoy!  What airline?? We nearly always fly singapore airlines.. Never been disappointed with them x

Lol just read up ..  Qantas.. Hope its ok.. Im not a fan !

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #163 on: July 08, 2013, 11:54:41 am »
No, not Qantas now, Finnair. Changed our mind about Normandy too, think we'll do Avignon.
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #164 on: July 08, 2013, 12:51:25 pm »
Thats a nice area mj... The famous bridge in avignon, we stayed in uzes (west of avignon) which is a nice village and the home of the Haribo lollie factory.. Big in france... There is la grande motte  a huge holiday area.. Not a whole lot there though..le pont du gard is lovely and nice to walk around.. There is a restaurant there which was quite nice but they were under renovations last time we were there, aigues mortes is a walled city lovely to wander around.. All this is only possible to visit if you have a car..however lots to see and love montpellier which is a great city imo..also not to far from aix en provencein the other direction se of avignon.. You are probably just staying in the avignon area.. Popes palace etc.. Lots of lovely markets :)