Author Topic: Reheating risotto in Varoma  (Read 10240 times)

Offline Katya

• View Profile
Reheating risotto in Varoma
« on: May 11, 2009, 04:31:53 pm »
I'm stuck at home without a car and an empty fridge except for some left-over mushroom risotto.   Do you think it would work if I tried to reheat this in the Varoma?

Offline Katya

• View Profile
Re: Reheating risotto in Varoma
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2009, 08:58:01 pm »
I tried it and it worked fine - it wasn't the same as freshly cooked risotto but it was a lot better than reheating it in the microwave would have been.  And I steamed some purple sprouting broccoli on the top of it so we had a nice supper.

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2009, 11:28:06 pm »
If you are not going to use all the risotto, try spreading it out to cool it quickly and then add a small amount of stock and gently stir to separate the grains before reheating.

Good to hear it worked. ;D ;D ;D
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline Amanda

• View Profile
    • Lambs Ears and Honey
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2009, 09:16:13 am »
With the leftovers from the last batch of risotto I made arancini.
They were delicious!
Freelance food/travel writer. Lives in the Adelaide hills and writes a food blog - http://www.lambsearsandhoney.com

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2009, 09:12:41 am »
Good work - always a great way to use up the risotto.
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline cooking-good-looking

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2012, 10:49:33 pm »
Hi Ladies
This question is the closest thing I could find for my question!

Firstly i want to ask though what is preferred forum etiquette in this regard? Is it better to start a new topic or hit reply on something similar that has not been posted in for a long time...?

Anyway my question obviously relates to reheating risotto. I got home from work last night and thought i would be clever and pop risotto from the night before, back in the bowl and reheat at 100, reverse, on speed slow. Anyway it took a long time and came out like glug, all of the risotto had basically disintergrated! Soo I am guessing bad idea! But why? Is it not a good idea to reheat anything in TMX?

Thanks in advance!

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2012, 11:29:04 pm »
I prefer to reheat in the varoma as it also adds moisture, but is quicker as the small amount of water heats up pretty quickly.

Even on  :-: with the extra stirring things will get churned up pretty quickly with reheating as it is already cooked and quite soft

Will let the mods answer what they like on the etiquette side of things  :D
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2012, 11:30:43 pm »
Persoally I dont like reheated risotto, I turn it into arancini balls. Stuff the balls with bcocinni, yum.

If I am reheating I always add a little hot stock to the mixture to loosen it up. Would reheat on stove stirring.

H
Mum to Crown Prince......

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2012, 11:45:35 pm »
I prefer to reheat in the varoma as it also adds moisture, but is quicker as the small amount of water heats up pretty quickly.

Even on  :-: with the extra stirring things will get churned up pretty quickly with reheating as it is already cooked and quite soft

Will let the mods answer what they like on the etiquette side of things  :D

How do you do it in the varoma? Which basket? Do you just spread it out evenly or have it in a dish? VERY new to the Varoma!

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2012, 12:54:19 am »
Firstly i want to ask though what is preferred forum etiquette in this regard? Is it better to start a new topic or hit reply on something similar that has not been posted in for a long time...?

You did the right thing cgl. If there is a topic that covers your question, even though there may not have been a posting in that thread for  some time, I think it best to post there than start a similar topic elsewhere.  Thanks for asking.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2012, 01:55:30 am »
Thanks for clarifying that Judy :)