Author Topic: DAMPER RECIPE FOR AUSTRALIA DAY  (Read 21200 times)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: DAMPER RECIPE FOR AUSTRALIA DAY
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2011, 12:03:00 am »
You are learning girls.  I have never cooked damper in my life, believe it or not but I just had the urge the other day to actually cook some lamb in the weber, make a damper and do lamingtons as well for Australia Day. Now to work out who to invite to share it with us.

Maybe it was the Sam Kekovich ad that inspired me (for non-Australians, here is the link to this year's advert). 

http://www.samkekovich.com.au/

He has been doing these lamb ads for 7 years and this is the first year I have decided to have it on Australia Day.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2011, 01:26:04 am »
JD,  I'll come ;D ;D ;D

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2011, 10:39:30 am »
Oh, you would be quite welcome Chookie.  I made my first phone call re Australia Day here and it appears there is already something in the wind so we may end up there but I will still get to make the lamingtons to take. Not confirmed yet.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2011, 12:59:54 pm »
Watched the link Judy,really funny,he certainly summed up us Europeans  :D :D :D IF I remember I will cook lamb on the 26Th to celebrate with you all,but to cold for the BBQ,more like a Curry ;D.Not sure about the Damper but yes please to the Lamingtons ;)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2011, 12:05:36 am »
CC you are a trouper  :D :D  Glad you enjoyed the ad - many find him annoying but I think he gets the message across.

Offline Thermo Jo (aka Jodi)

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2011, 02:44:23 pm »
Well the Pavlova is done and cooling in the oven. I was just about to search for the damper recipe and there it is. All ready for me to make. I use the Wallaby flour too! Even better.

Lamingtons will have to wait until tomorrow. Might not get them done in time but I've promised my hubby. Better late than never. He doesn't want to share them with our guests anyway so I'm sure he wont mind if they have to wait a day or so.  ;D

Wishing everyone a very happy Australia Day!
xoxo
Demonstrator in training!
Converted for life!

Offline snappy

• View Profile
Re: Re: DAMPER RECIPE FOR AUSTRALIA DAY
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2012, 12:36:03 pm »
I made this damper the other night to go with lasagna when I didn't have any bread.  I needed a super quick bread that would be ready start to finish in about 30 mins.  This turned out perfect and will definitely be doing it again when I need some fresh bread for dinner in no time at all