Author Topic: Knead function not working?  (Read 22982 times)

Offline thermojinx

• View Profile
Knead function not working?
« on: March 20, 2012, 11:36:36 pm »
Hi there, I've never used my tmx to knead before, and now I can't seem to get it to work.  The lid is locked in place, it will  mix, but not knead.

What are the steps I need to go through?  Do I set the time, then press the  :: button and then turn the speed dial?  Or do I press  :: first and then set the timer and then turn the dial?

Thanks!

Offline djinni373

• View Profile
Re: Knead function not working?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2012, 11:47:06 pm »
Hey thermojinx
I think that I set the dial to closed lid, then set the time, then press knead button. Remember to stay with the thermie when it's kneading as it does move a little on the bench :).
“Age isn’t a number, it’s an attitude.“

Online judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2012, 11:48:52 pm »
Hi Thermojinx, welcome to the forum.  I don't think you have a problem.  When kneading you have to turn the dial to the closed lid position. See the 2 symbols for the bowl on the speed dial, the last one has the lid slightly ajar but the one above it has the lid closed.  You cannot knead unless the dial is on that one.  Just do that, set the time then press the knead button.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline LeeJ

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2012, 11:49:57 pm »
HI thermojinx,

as djinni pointed out, you need to have the lid set to 'closed', this is the first position on the speed dial, then press the knead button.

I'm sure it stumped us all at the start! :)

Offline thermojinx

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2012, 12:11:17 am »
Thanks all.  It's multicultural day at my kids' school and I'm making damper.  Hopefully the kids will appreciate it and I can feast on the delicious piles of falafel and samosa and turkish delight.

Offline jrobertson@zoo.org.au

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2017, 07:43:04 am »
So thrilled for this post! I was totally stumped, despite having kneaded before and googled my problem. Thank you thank you THANK YOU!