Author Topic: pullapart type loaf  (Read 44044 times)

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
    • brazen's culinary adventures
Re: pullapart type loaf
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2009, 09:37:26 am »
*drool*
Karen in Canberra :)
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog
Thermomix Magic Group Blog

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2009, 10:08:13 am »
  I have done scones and pizza bases but this is my first attempt at bread so I need to ask a bit more about it.  I did Cathy's chilli feta version and then wasn't sure whether I still had to put some butter on it before the feta.  I grated a little bit of plain butter on then scattered the chopped up fetta and chilli (added more chilli sauce to as I didn't think there was enough). I sprinkled the top with grated parmesan after I brushed it with the milk then I cooked it in a silicone 25cm round container and it looked perfect.  However, DH didn't like it at all (not unusual in this house) so I am left with huge quantities, some of which went around to Mum but most of it has ended up in the freezer.  It tasted more like a scone than bread to me - is this how it is supposed to taste?!! I had a bit with butter on later when it had gone cold and I don't mind it at all but I don't know if I could serve it up to visitors as 'bread'. Help!!
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2009, 10:46:15 pm »
mine was definitely bread not scone - it was exactly like a pull apart from bakers delight
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2009, 12:03:07 am »
Mine definitely couldn't be called bread so don't know what I did wrong. Buggar!
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline wombleydoo

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2009, 06:42:08 am »
Maybe it depends on how thick you roll out the dough? I also think that with all the butter you smear over it, it probably makes the dough different to normal bread when you cook it. I find it hard to make the garlic bread garlicky enough. Oh, maybe I should throw some garlic in the bread dough... With the feta, there was a lot more flavour in the bread.

One batch makes a heck of lot of bread. You could probably halve the recipe. I did the feta bread in 2 cake tins and popped one in the freezer. My family can't eat a whole batch of the garlic bread. It freezes well .
« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 06:43:39 am by wombleydoo »
Cathy
Living the QLD life with DH and 4 kids.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2009, 02:30:14 am »
I've made a half quantity of the pulll apart in the Christmas book and that was very successful. It was just perfect for the 3 of us.  I made it in an 8 inch tin (20cm)  and we still 'pigged out' on it. I've frozen it too, and I just put it in a plastic bag and give it a very quick zap in the microwave and it is as fresh as when first made.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline kathys kitchen

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2009, 03:32:48 am »
The pull-a-part loaf  is my families favourite. I`ve found if you get two loaf tins you can put six dough bits into each loaf tin and bake the same and you get two yummy loaves and the best thing is they freeze really well. Thats if they don`t eat it all up first. I have also made it as cinnamon scrolls , i put a tablespoon of sugar into the dough mix and replace the herb butter with a cinnamon, brown sugar and butter mix. Yummmmy!!!!!

kathys kitchen

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2009, 04:13:18 am »
and the best thing is they freeze really well. Thats if they don`t eat it all up first.

Ain't that the truth?  I think that evaporation causes much of our food to disappear, honestly, it just vanishes into thin air  ;)
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline immysmum

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2009, 08:03:02 am »
this looks really yum! but just a question..doesnt it say in the everyday cookbook that the max amount of flour you can use in the TM is 500g?

Offline Ceejay

• View Profile
    • wisdom comes in many misguided forms
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2009, 12:03:54 pm »
Thanks baf!

Here's my efforts for tonight!

Spinach, cheese and garlic pullapart!  8)

The discovery of a new dish does more for the happiness of mankind than the discovery of a star.
~Anthelme Brillat-Savarin~

I don't always cook!  Sometimes I even parent! ;)
musingnmayhem

Offline Chelsea (Thermie Groupie)

• View Profile
    • My Blog - Full Little Tummies
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2009, 12:09:19 pm »
That looks really delicious Ceejay.  You have inspired me to give it a go tomorrow!  :)

Offline Shayla

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2009, 12:32:01 pm »
There are two recipes in the UK ECB that use 650gm flour and I use 700gm with no problems. I haven't tried the pull apart bread yet - maybe for the next loaf - I have one lot of fresh yeast left so maybe today.. :)

Offline alioop

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2009, 12:37:31 pm »
I haven't tried these, but they sound really good - if anyone has the chance, can you take a pic of the pull apart before baking as well - I know it's probably very simple  :-[....but I'm not 100% sure about exactly to roll/fold the pieces of dough and then stack/stand them in the tin, and have never seen it demo'd before.  Thanks.
From the beautiful South-West Western Australia!

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2009, 12:43:32 pm »
fabulous ceejay!!

last time i divided the dough into 2 batches and the second lot turned out too overworked - it was yummy though and came out like a big croissant!!!

alioop, i'm pretty sure i have some on my blog http://brazen20au.blogspot.com/2008/09/thermomix-pullapart-with-cheese-olives.html
« Last Edit: August 09, 2009, 12:45:07 pm by brazen20au »
My Cooking Blog

Offline alioop

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2009, 01:16:54 pm »
Thanks so much Karen that's really helpful, exactly what I needed.  I like the fact that they look more "scrunched" than folded - I had imagined having to get these perfect little folds and then get them to stand up straight in the tin! LOL tell you much about my personality type?  ;).
From the beautiful South-West Western Australia!