Author Topic: Woohooo - New Kitchen has begun  (Read 21803 times)

mcmich

Re: Woohooo - New Kitchen has begun
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2013, 07:35:37 pm »
Hope your water isn't off for too long DJ. You will have to go to the neighbours for a shower.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2013, 11:35:25 pm »
Ooh Gert you could use banana leaves too!

Oh yes I had to do that once when I cooked a whole huge Barramundi on  the BBQ it hungover both sides but I refused to cut the headand tail off. Look spectacular laid out on the beautiful banana leaves.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline dragongirly

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2013, 11:51:16 pm »
Update - yay!  We have cabinets installed!!!!!!

We weren't without water for long Michele - just a few hours on Monday to isolate the kitchen plumbing.  So all good  :D

The kitchen is going well, I think the plan is to have all the cabinets done today.  The stone people are coming for their bench template this afternoon - the holes for the sink and stove were done this morning.  Oh yes it was an early start today - but not too bad.  6:30am is better than 6:00am  ;D

So the photos show the work in progress.  They are taken roughly 2 hours apart - so about 1pmish, 3ish and 5ish yesterday.

It was great seeing the reaction from my sister and nephew when they arrived home yesterday - they're excited now that they can see what I was imagining!

Fiona - who could be working if she wanted to get a job

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2013, 12:03:11 am »
I am so excited . This  is terrific. Good work. Can't wait until 1700 to see what they did today.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2013, 12:13:57 am »
It's wonderful watching a new kitchen come together DG, thanks for sharing it with us. 
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2013, 12:19:48 am »
dragonfly it's looking fantastic, i think it would take me quite a while to get used to the orientation of the bench being different. Will you look out from the island bench to outside or back into the kitchen?

Offline BeezeeBee

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2013, 12:36:39 am »
Looking good, dg!

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2013, 12:43:12 am »
Im excited for you D.girly  8) 
Can't wait to see the finished pics!
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline BeezeeBee

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2013, 12:51:02 am »

Oh yes I had to do that once when I cooked a whole huge Barramundi on  the BBQ it hungover both sides but I refused to cut the headand tail off. Look spectacular laid out on the beautiful banana leaves.
Lucky you, Gert. Banana leaves are very expensive here. They are used a lot in Malaysia: to wrap sweet desserts, wrap Nasi Lemak, as plates at Banana Leave Rice restaurants. The subtle aroma of the leaves adds another level of natural goodness to the food :)

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 28, 2013, 12:59:58 am »
Looks good, love the photos :)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2013, 01:09:19 am »
First item on today's shopping list... Lottery ticket!!! ;D ;D   This is so good to watch it all happening for you!!!
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 02:13:58 am by goldfish »

Offline Yvette

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2013, 02:01:46 am »
Kitchen is looking great  :)

Offline dragongirly

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2013, 02:27:21 am »
I'm having a marvellous time sharing all of this!

The kitchen won't be finished this afternoon - apparently it's a big job  ;)  It is all coming together now.  Most of the cabinets are in place - including the work cupboard - yay! (That's for when I work my way to my Kitchen Aid goal - because I really MUST have one).

I'll definitely post pm photos today though  :D

The templates for the stone benches are done now - they are going to be picked up today.  The rest of the electrical is happening next Wed and the plumbing the following week when the stone is installed.

As I am having the bamboo floors installed on Monday Adrian (who is too shy for a photo - sorry Robyn) will be back next week to finish the pantry.  So it's taking a wee bit longer than expected, but as I have to wait for stone for functionality it really doesn't matter.  :)

Photos later.

Cheers

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 28, 2013, 03:22:42 am »
Oh we just wanted a photo of a cute tradie.... :)

love the photos though.
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline dragongirly

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 28, 2013, 07:46:12 am »
Friday afternoon is early knock off for my kitchen installer - more time for me to stand and stare as well as open and shut all available door and draws  ;D  I do love soft close!

So, as mentioned earlier it isn't complete, but I'm not annoyed.  I think Adrian has done a great job so far and he will be back next week to complete the job - yay!

I've attached 3 photos from various angles in the kitchen.  What is amazing to me is that the kitchen actually looks bigger now.  I'm not sure that comes across in the photos though.

Cheers