Author Topic: Woohooo - New Kitchen has begun  (Read 21681 times)

Offline dragongirly

• View Profile
Re: Woohooo - New Kitchen has begun
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2013, 03:14:57 pm »
Late evening  update..... (I just looked at the time and wondered where the last hour went)

No pic tonight as I'm on the iPad and I take horrible pics with it.  I'll load one in the morning.

So we have a bare kitchen with now - no Lino!  The new flooring is going in next week so the Lino had to go, but it's not part of the kitchen  :)

I had the wonderful help of my SIL Ros along with my 2 nieces and my sister and her teenager  :D. We got the kitchen and more than half of the entry done.  Just the hallway to go ( and the carpet, but that's on Sunday)

Anyway I shall try and get a pic of Adrian the installer when he is here on Thursday. Tomorrow is a plasterer and sparky day - with a later start yay  :D

When finished my kitchen will be black bench top with white cabinets. I'm planning on a light blue glass splash back - I can't wait  :)

Cheers
Fiona - who could be working if she wanted to get a job

Offline dragongirly

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2013, 03:20:20 pm »
Good grief how could I forget.........

Everything is going well except for the lack of heat. The heating system was checked but I didn't actually switch it on when e plumber left, he said it would be ok.  Anyway we were out so when we arrived home after 9 I went to turn on the heating to find a dead controller.  After checking the meter box, the system isolation switch etc... We have decided it is something I the roof and can't really be fixed tonight :). I love my hot water bottle. 

So I shall be calling the office early tomorrow to try and get that sorted :).

I'm still excited  8)

Offline BeezeeBee

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2013, 03:59:03 pm »
Can't wait to see your photos! :)

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2013, 11:57:40 pm »
Late evening  update..... (I just looked at the time and wondered where the last hour went)

No pic tonight as I'm on the iPad and I take horrible pics with it.  I'll load one in the morning.

Did you know that when taking a picture with the iPad that you can hold your thumb or finger on the button while focusing as it does not take a snap until you release the button. Might help.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline dragongirly

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2013, 06:54:49 am »
Thanks for the tip Gert - I'll try it and see how it goes  ;)

Not much happening today.  Tim the electrician has been here since lunch time putting in the copious number of power points that I MUST have in my kitchen (it does include the under cabinet lighting power).

The roof mounted flue for the range hood has been installed and I am now getting the opening between the kitchen and the lounge room square set.  Trevor the plasterer has just started so I'll let you know how long it takes later (its just after 3:30pm).

So no pic for today but I do have a couple from yesterday.   The first one is with lino and the second one without - I admit my legs are aching just a wee bit from lifting lino tiles last night - but it will all be worth it.

Cheers

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2013, 06:57:23 am »
A bare kitchen always lonely, doesn't it.  Looks like a long day's work for you - from 2.30 pm to 9.40 pm!  No wonder you are aching.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2013, 07:02:50 am »
can't wait to see it finished.
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2013, 07:03:49 am »
Hang in there!! It will be so worth it!!!! Would so love a new kitchen so I'll live vicariously through you for the time being ;D

*suzanne*

Re: Re: Woohooo - New Kitchen has begun
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2013, 07:14:48 am »
a new kitchen is wonderful but not having a kitchen whilst its being renovated is not ::)

Offline dragongirly

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2013, 07:24:29 am »
Yes being without a kitchen is a bit of a pain - buut we are going to my brother and SIL's place for dinner in the evenings which makes it really easy.

I do have to be here during the day, but it has allowed more time for me to post on the forum  :D

As we are getting stone benchtops it will be about 2 weeks until we have a gas cooktop and an operational sink (I do have the sink - its currently in a box behind me  ;D)

It will be great when it's in.  I plan to have a TM demo when it's complete - I'll let you all know when if you are around come and have a look!

mcmich

« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2013, 07:54:36 am »
It will be worth all the hard work and time DG. How nice will it be to cook in a brand new kitchen  :D

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2013, 08:46:28 am »
This is sooooo exciting.

Gert

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2013, 12:24:36 pm »
Great stuff. When we do our new one there is a large farm shop with home cooked ready meals less than two miles away. That should make it easier. Get some paper plates for when we have no water.

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2013, 12:31:29 pm »
Great stuff. When we do our new one there is a large farm shop with home cooked ready meals less than two miles away. That should make it easier. Get some paper plates for when we have no water.

No no never paper plates!   Do it in style. Chipped or broken tiles, bits of slate , trashed pipes anything but paper plates. Lol !
I would use palm  leaves.
Gert

Offline dragongirly

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2013, 02:01:37 pm »
Ooh Gert you could use banana leaves too!