Author Topic: Spanish Potatoes and Prawns from A Seafood Bounty  (Read 3076 times)

Offline cecilia

• Renew. Refresh. Rejoice.
    • View Profile
    • Thermorevolution
Spanish Potatoes and Prawns from A Seafood Bounty
« on: June 12, 2013, 02:40:04 pm »
This was a surprising inclusion in the seafood recipe book, in the sense that it was basically a potato recipe, with the prawns added only on the top.  You could include prawn liquor into the potato water but I didn't do that as one of my guests was allergic to seafood.

I really loved the potato part - Sofrito Sauce was the basis of it - tomato, chili and green and red capsicums - and will make that again, even when I don't have prawns.

As a dish it was very enjoyable to eat, but as a recipe I thought it lacked a connection between the vegetable and the prawns on top.  Maybe that's because I have never been to Spain and I don't have a reference for the cultural context.

Instructions were clear though and I do recommend you try it.

I upped the amount of prawns.

4/5
"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." — Dalai Lama

https://www.facebook.com/thermorevolution

Offline Katya

• View Profile
Re: Spanish Potatoes and Prawns from A Seafood Bounty
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2013, 04:43:33 pm »
This sounds as if it is based on the recipe in F & E.   That uses the prawn shells to make a stock which you add to the potatoes and sofrito and it is that which makes the dish so tasty.   Without the fish stock I think it wouldn't be that great.   

Offline cecilia

• Renew. Refresh. Rejoice.
    • View Profile
    • Thermorevolution
Re: Spanish Potatoes and Prawns from A Seafood Bounty
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2013, 04:49:27 pm »
Yes, that's the one, Katya.  It was delicious, I assure you.  I doubled the amount of tomato passata to account for the fact that I couldn't use the fish stock in with the veges.

PS  I also used Pinkeyes, probably the nicest variety of potato grown in our state. 
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 05:11:39 pm by cecilia »
"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." — Dalai Lama

https://www.facebook.com/thermorevolution