Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6036842 times)

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #1650 on: August 05, 2012, 06:38:42 am »
Thanks DFM, Dash and Robyn :)
Auntie is a very good nurse. But she looks like Cruella de Ville from 101 Dalmations ;D

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
« Reply #1651 on: August 05, 2012, 06:45:43 am »
Went out for a long run today, 19kms. Sitting on the couch watching "Walk the Line' recovering. Will have to do some ironning, and clean up the back veranda later. I should prune the roses today but I don't know if I'll get that far.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: August 05, 2012, 06:49:06 am »
Oh Dash, you sound like my Husband, :-* :-* I did the washing, he hung it  out, brought it back in, put away, did the 5 shirts for him ironed, no complaining at all.  I have cooked dinner tonight, and for tomorrow nites dinner, and baked. :)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

mcmich

« Reply #1653 on: August 05, 2012, 06:55:51 am »
Went out for a long run today, 19kms. Sitting on the couch watching "Walk the Line' recovering. Will have to do some ironning, and clean up the back veranda later. I should prune the roses today but I don't know if I'll get that far.

Walk the line is one of my favourite movies.

Offline Greyhoundmum

• View Profile
« Reply #1654 on: August 05, 2012, 09:22:52 am »
Amy sorry to hear yourGrandpa is not well again 😒portable oxygen works out well for many who need to have it long term at home. Cylinders are provided and can be changed easily and not too cumbersome to attach to wheelchair or walker.  The only obvious no no is smoking near the oxygen cylinders.  There may also be the option of a home care package (they are called HACC in WA) unfortunately many times relatives have to ask for assistance rather than it be offered, but it should be available to your grandparents.

mcmich

« Reply #1655 on: August 05, 2012, 09:26:26 am »
There is a criteria for having home oxygen. Hope Grandpa meets that Amy.

• View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: August 05, 2012, 09:55:10 am »
Thanks GHM and DFM. Grandpa has been hospitalized lots of times because he hasn't been able to breathe, so I think they should give him the oxygen things. He isn't in a wheelchair or walker so we wouldn't have to worry about that, and he hasn't smoked since he was in the army many years ago.
It would help so much if they could have the oxygen there.

Mama Fergie

« Reply #1657 on: August 05, 2012, 12:12:03 pm »
Don't know where to post this but my 17 year old grand-daughter entered  into the Nestlé Golden Chef's Hat Award and won the WA place today into the final in Melbourne next month.She is an apprentice at Joondalup Resort Hotel and been there for 9 months now. I am soooo proud of her. She loves experimenting with my TMX and since I have been a proud owner she has spent lots of time with me in my kitchen.

• View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: August 05, 2012, 12:15:18 pm »
Wow MF, thats fantastic!!! Give your granddaughter a big congratulations from me :D :D :D

Go 17 year olds ;)
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 12:18:34 pm by Amy :-) »

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: August 05, 2012, 12:15:40 pm »
Did she use the TMX Mama Fergie?  Congratulations to GD, you must all be very proud of her achievement.

I hope Grandpa is resting well Amy.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1660 on: August 05, 2012, 12:16:27 pm »
Mama fergie that is just wonderful. I wish her all the best. Amazing  and inspiring for all of us. Proud you should be .

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

• View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: August 05, 2012, 12:22:05 pm »
I hope Grandpa is resting well Amy.

If I know my grandpa at all, I know resting is probably the last thing on his mind. He'll probably be playing with his dog, trying to prune the garden, trying to fix or make something... :-)) He's a stubborn old man sometimes, but I love him to bits :)

Mama Fergie

« Reply #1662 on: August 05, 2012, 12:41:27 pm »
Judy they have one TMX in the kitchen but  need more than  one to make it cost effective. My GD loves using mine and comes to cook with me regularly. Together we have experimented a lot since I brought my Mixie into my kitchen. We have cooked lots of recipes together that without Mixie we would not have attempted. My GD says one TMX in kitchen is a waste of space in commercial kitchen but 3 can take place of an apprentice or commis chef. They have one TMX but not enough .. I am soo excited at the moment and so proud of my girl x Sorry but I am basking in her glory. Will take my daughters to Melbourne for the final next month...

I

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1663 on: August 05, 2012, 01:07:45 pm »
I would love to come too to cheer her on.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Mama Fergie

« Reply #1664 on: August 05, 2012, 01:38:08 pm »
Have photos of the comp but not sure if appropriate to post them on the forum? Also as a newbie not sure how to post photos. Can someone advise me and help if can post please  :)