Author Topic: Our pets with photos  (Read 560850 times)

mcmich

Re: Our pets with photos
« Reply #1350 on: December 08, 2013, 05:42:41 pm »
Sparky and Roger are great looking dogs.

Djinni - love Roger's antlers.  ;D

Offline Emme

• View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: December 09, 2013, 06:35:41 am »
Great photos of Sparky

Roger is a lovely colour Djinni and looks wonderful with his antlers although he may not think so. 

Thanks for sharing your photos

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: December 19, 2013, 05:02:45 am »
cute Dinni
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: December 19, 2013, 01:30:15 pm »
Roger the dodger...he should be a wake up by now and run when he sees those antlers come out if the box. He should dob you in to the RSPCA for trying to turn him into a reindeer  :D how much glucosamine do you give him?
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
Our pets with photos
« Reply #1354 on: December 20, 2013, 08:02:36 am »
One of my little terriers fell foul of a paralysis tick yesterday.  She's still in hospital, she's on fluids and nil by mouth thanks to the toxin affecting her swallowing reflex .  I visited her today and I'm not sure I've ever seen her so dejected. . . The vet said she's making good progress but she still can't move her hind legs and that the only thing against a full recovery is her age . . she and her brother turned 13 in September.  Since moving over to the northern beaches area of Sydney, we've come very close to losing both dogs to ticks the summer before last where they've lodged either under the chin or hidden on the head somewhere.  Both dogs were due to be clipped for the summer, making it a cooler option for them and also to make it easier to find those nasty little hitchhikers! - But one nasty little critter got there first and was difficult to find. Susie will feel like a shorn sheep the day she comes home from the vet!!  Her brother, Teddy, is next.  He, poor soul, isn't handling the aging process so well. . .night time wanderings, hearing, eyesight not good at all - but he knows his way around the backyard and always seems to find an newly laid egg to munch on and suck clean!!

This is Susie today  . .

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: December 20, 2013, 08:18:11 am »
Goldf ish Susie will be fine. The northern beaches are notorious for ticks we used to pull them off all the time when we lived in Avalon even with frontline every two weeks . We use it up here too as our Jack Russell had one recently and was in hospital. We also have the bats to contend with. So long as doggies are happy and don't lose there sense of smell they will be fine

Lovely pic.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Emme

• View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: December 20, 2013, 08:25:35 am »
Goldfish, sorry to hear about Susie. Hoping she is back home soon with with you all.  Hugs

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: December 20, 2013, 09:27:05 am »
GF hoping Susie gets well soon.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: December 20, 2013, 09:29:23 am »
I hope Susie gets well soon GF. :-*  :-*
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: December 20, 2013, 11:32:00 am »
She is giving you the look GF, she just wants out of there and to go home with you I think.  Poor Suzie, I hope she will be OK.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

*suzanne*

Re: Re: Our pets with photos
« Reply #1360 on: December 20, 2013, 11:35:37 am »
oh gf I hope Susie will be home with you soon xx

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: December 20, 2013, 11:49:46 am »
It is so hard when we have to leave our loved animals at the vets. Poor Susie. I hope she will be home in tick land soon. They are nasty things.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

mcmich

« Reply #1362 on: December 20, 2013, 05:49:20 pm »
I hope Susie is back home with you soon GF. It's hard leaving them at the vets.

The past 2 summers have been particularly bad for ticks and looks like it is going to be the same this year.

Offline Katiej

• View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: December 20, 2013, 08:55:43 pm »
Oh Goldfish that must be so hard for you all.
I hope Susie is better soon and back home xx
Katie from Adelaide, SA

A party without cake is really just a meeting - Julia Child

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: December 21, 2013, 10:52:10 pm »
Goldf ish Susie will be fine. The northern beaches are notorious for ticks we used to pull them off all the time when we lived in Avalon even with frontline every two weeks . We use it up here too as our Jack Russell had one recently and was in hospital. We also have the bats to contend with. So long as doggies are happy and don't lose there sense of smell they will be fine

Lovely pic.

Gert

Thanks, Gert - and thank you everyone for your messages - I've really appreciated them.  Vet has called to say that Susie can now eat on her own and should be well enough (although still wobbly!) to come home later this morning.  I asked if they'd had time to clip her and he replied that they'd been simply deluged over the weekend with tick cases - and sadly road accidents - and that they simply didn't have the time - so I'll either take her in later this week and Teddy, too, or I'm just thinking out loud whether I could try clipping them myself . . . has anyone done this? Am I thinking it's easier than it really is . . ??? Any advice would be welcome!!

Have given the chooks a good talking to. I've told them I've now upped their tick quota and warned them of dire consequences if they don't get on the s-tick . . .  :o  (I've been told they enjoy a tick morsel - but I don't know how true that is now . .  :-)))

Teddy will be pleased to have his sister back - he seems to rely on her quite a bit these days.  Gert, his sense of smell is about the only faculty that's working properly - poor darling - but he seems happy enough and not in any pain.  And he still likes playing ball occasionally. . as long as it's bowled gently and goes within an inch of his nose . . . . ;D