Author Topic: Butter  (Read 16197 times)

Offline Merlin

• View Profile
Re: Butter
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2011, 04:01:52 am »
You can use cream at any point to make butter. It doesn't have to be near it's use-by date. It has to do with the amount of whipping, not the freshness of the cream.
"There are two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as if everything is"
Albert Einstein

Offline KarenH

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2011, 04:03:28 am »
I was more worried that if the cream used to make butter was close to the use-by date, then the butter might go rancid really quickly
Karen in Adelaide

Offline Lilli33

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2012, 12:12:23 pm »
So I'm interested in a butter bell locally in aus. ( well under the price I can get it for overseas. ) I saw the discussion here but haven't seen a link as to where I could get one. Thanks a million.
TC owner from Adelaide. Thanks for sharing the journey and inspiring me to cook new things.

Mum to DS 9 DD7 and DS almost 2

Offline andiesenji

• View Profile
    • Books, Cooks, Gadgets and Gardening
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2012, 07:36:34 pm »
I'm not too keen about butter bells - they hold barely 4 ounces of butter - I have some I use when I have several guests - one bell for every two guests to save people waiting.  Otherwise I rarely use them.

I have a couple of butter crocks - one similar to this one that is available in Australia:  Ecology Butter Dish

It has a rubber or silicone seal that keeps the contents from picking up flavors from other things.  Some people complain that the seal is not tight but others seem to think it's okay.

I'm not OverWeight, I'm UnderTall!
My Blog: http://www.asenjigalblogs.com/

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2012, 10:18:31 pm »
So I'm interested in a butter bell locally in aus. ( well under the price I can get it for overseas. ) I saw the discussion here but haven't seen a link as to where I could get one. Thanks a million.

I can PM you the email address if you like Lilli33  ;)
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!