Author Topic: TM5  (Read 277488 times)

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
Re: TM5
« Reply #315 on: October 12, 2014, 01:41:50 am »
Bon,  a lot of the recipes are on line.  Why not try a few of Jo and Tenina's.  See what you like before you buy.  Both have great recipes and they work.

Offline Katj

• View Profile
« Reply #316 on: October 12, 2014, 11:03:28 am »
Bon, check your local library first. I live in  South of Perth and our library has Tenina's  books. I have had them out several times. Nice recipes.

Offline Essie

• View Profile
« Reply #317 on: October 12, 2014, 02:20:32 pm »
The library, that is a great idea.,I live within walking distance..so I should walk there so I can try more recipes.:)

Offline Fenix

• View Profile
« Reply #318 on: October 13, 2014, 07:54:21 am »
Just thought I'd chime in here.... have been waiting for the TM5 to come out for a couple of months and got stuffed around by a friend when putting the order in on day one, and eventually got my order through on the 27/09... it's October and I'm sitting here crossing my fingers that I'll get it before xmas.

It's almost amusing at how popular this machine is.... Any other kitchenware company would be DYING to have this sort of demand on their product and here vorwerk are just paddling along getting to orders when they get to them with very very little support/updates. I'm sure it's insanely busy from the top down but sheesh they must be sitting pretty with all the revenue they're getting.

I know once I get my hands on it I'll forget this wait ever existed but it's pretty frustrating for now.

At the end of the day each and every one of us is parting with 2k for a super duper kitchen appliance and I just find it amazing at how blazay the support is.... I'd really love to just go and buy one from somewhere else but alas, no choice :)

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #319 on: October 13, 2014, 09:52:07 pm »
yes I have my TM5, but don't like the direct selling method.
wish you could just walk into a shop and buy one.

I ordered sight unseen for the 3rd time, hope the demo next week is ok.
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Essie

• View Profile
« Reply #320 on: October 13, 2014, 10:17:31 pm »
What concerns you about direct selling Obbie?

Offline bluebear_74

• View Profile
« Reply #321 on: October 13, 2014, 10:41:11 pm »
I'm with obbie, I wish I could have just walked in a shop to buy one. I don't like having to hold a demo etc and I feel there's more pressure to buy when there's a consultant because you don't want to have wasted their time and you know they don't earn a cent if they don't make a sale.

I was lucky and my friend held a demo and I bought my TM31 then, and my consultant was really nice so I felt OK holding a demo to get the Thermo Server. I did feel like I was wasting her time though because I wasn't sure how interested people I invited were, worked out in the end, I bought the TM5 as well as my Aunty and brother (so her time wasn't wasted at all!).

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #322 on: October 14, 2014, 01:39:56 am »
Just some feedback on the Basic Cookbook photograps in the "Desserts and Sweets" section. I don't feel tempted to try the lamingtons as I grew up with cube shaped lamingtons, those ones look like they failed to rise. The chocolate fondant cake is probably meant to look like this, but to me it looks undercooked and a gooey mess. Too easy chocolate cake looks like it was put in a tin that's too large and didn't rise, resembles a slice. Apple Tart looks a bit dry, some presence of cream somewhere would make it look more appetising. We eat with our eyes, and I don't find these photos enticing. Just saying  :D
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: October 14, 2014, 02:38:57 am »
I am not surprised at all. Food photography is tricky and Vorwerk is pretty hopeless at it in any case. They probably use their uncles cousin twice removed and a bit dim at that as we know from their previous cookbook productions.  Bet they miss Tenina and her professionalism. She would have done a splendid job . They should employ her to do the new Canadian and US books and chips.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #324 on: October 14, 2014, 02:51:09 am »
Essie, alot of consultants only stay to sell their 6 machines then quit.

there is no backup  or customer service from some consultants, if they did not sell your machine.

my 2nd consultant who delivered my TM5 has resigned, as she is too busy.
so i meet my 3rd next week.  Hope she is good, and stays around. :)

My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #325 on: October 14, 2014, 04:35:26 am »
Duplicated post - removed  :)
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 04:39:21 am by JulieO »

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: October 14, 2014, 06:24:31 am »
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #327 on: October 14, 2014, 07:41:35 am »
go Gert.  i tried to post this about 2 hours ago,  but couldn't get in .  think it is the high winds we are having today.  I think it is a shame as it is such a fantastic machine.

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #328 on: October 14, 2014, 08:13:23 am »
I"m actually really glad I went to a demo. I also had a delivery demo which was similar as I invited others to come. I learned so much about the machine that otherwise would have taken me ages to figure out on my own.

I agree with your comments re the photos, CP, but at least they have a photo for every recipe in this book! To be fair, the Too Easy Chocolate Cake is a small cake. It should have been made in a small ring tin. The Chocolate Fondant Cake is better made as individual fondant cakes.
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #329 on: October 14, 2014, 08:22:47 am »
Gert....I love your posts  :-*

SOOO, who's shocked that the TM5 will be $2089.00 from November 1st.....am I allowed to post that mods??
I must say, I thought it would be more.

Went to demo on Friday....very impressed & keen...but haven't ordered it yet  :o shocked??  :P
.........EAT CAKE!