Author Topic: TM5  (Read 273755 times)

Offline Essie

• View Profile
TM5
« on: September 13, 2014, 02:47:36 pm »
Hi there, I am new to this forum and not a Thermomix owner so eagerly consuming all I can from people who know Thermomix best.
Have you had a chance to see or use TM5 yet? What do you like about it? What can you do in TM5 more easily than you could do in TM31? Does the extra few degrees make any difference? Looking forward to herring your thoughts and comments.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: TM5
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2014, 04:50:27 pm »
I have owned a TM31 for eight years and loved everyday that it has been in my kitchen.I have had a TM5 for three days and love that too.
I like the Three Automated recipes in the TM5. I thought I wouldn't like the recipe chip but I do.It's easy to use and you don't need to keep looking at the basic cookery book as it all on the screen.I haven't made too many recipe from the book yet to see its full potential.The scales are better. I don't particularly like that the lid seal isn't removable to wash.Its is bigger than the TM31 so takes up more space on my worktop.
I'm sure as the other girls receive their TM5 they will give their verdicts too.
My TM31 hasn't missed a beat in all the years I have owned it.It even has an original set of blades in one of the bowls.There are many cookery books,numerous blogs/websites,Facebook pages and even apps that have recipes for the TM31.Its easy to use reliable and built to last.

« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 06:50:06 pm by Cornish Cream »
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Essie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2014, 01:02:05 am »
Good to know CC. Thank you

Offline turando

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2014, 02:27:29 pm »
I also thought I wouldn't really like the recipe chip but now am really like it. The ease of pulling up a recipe to check something is great compared to me getting the book off the shelf. Also the kids love following the recipe on it.

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2014, 03:07:09 pm »
I like the recent recipes and the favourites option. I've only had a demo so far, but can't wait!!
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Naturalmumma

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2014, 11:29:22 am »
I'm awaiting the arrival of my TM5 & wondering if the recipe chips comes with recipes on it like a online cook book so to speak or is that where you save your favorites. I have never owed a TM so will have nothing to compare it to

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2014, 11:43:55 am »
The recipe chip contains all the recipes that comes with the Basic Cookbook.I think Australia might have slightly different recipes to the UK Basic Cookbook.Here is the UK's contents list.
The chip does tell your favourite recipes that you have tagged as favorites or recently cooked recipes but only that are contained in the chip.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline zebby

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2014, 02:00:42 pm »
How easy is it to clean if you can't remove the lid? Can you still pop it in the dishwasher?

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2014, 02:46:47 pm »
You can remove the lid on the TM5 but the lid seal isn't removable.You can put everything into the dishwasher.

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2014, 02:59:16 pm »
The Cookbook has 100 Australian recipes and about 150 International recipes, from memory.
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2014, 10:49:39 pm »
I think thats right MJ although my consultant also said its the same book and chip the world over, but that doesn't make sense.

Offline dustbunny

• View Profile
    • My artwork
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2014, 12:58:48 pm »
I think that there is a "select language" function (saw an unboxing on YouTube... hoping I am remembering correctly)

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2014, 01:12:28 pm »
Yes you can change languages.It also has a transportation mode and locking program.You also can change the background colour on the screen.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2014, 01:20:09 pm »
So does that mean that all the German chips will be able to be translated into English? (Sounds like a really dumb question although I think there are about 5 German chips out there?)
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2014, 01:26:24 pm »
I hadn't thought of that CP and I'm not sure. Maybe if Lee buys the chips he can change the language settings and see if it translates into English easily.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 01:29:25 pm by Cornish Cream »