Author Topic: How to Add URL's  (Read 26586 times)

Offline cathy79

• View Profile
Re: How to Add URL's
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2010, 04:42:52 am »
Thanks for the word document - it explained it well for me!
Helping you to take back control over what your family eats, one meal at a time.
Email thermomix.darlingdowns@gmail.com

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2011, 07:59:33 am »
this is really easy to do, and maybe these instructions could work for you:

1. Bring up the webpage you wish to draw attention to.
2. Way up above (where the address shows http:/forumthermomix.com/index...etc is at the very top of your computer screen on the toolbar) - just copy and paste that whole address and note the name of the topic eg. Thai Sweet Potato & Lentil Soup
3. In the topic where you are going to post, type in Thai Sweet Potato & Lentil Soup
4. Now highlight with your mouse, Thai Sweet Potato & Lentil Soup
5. Just above the smiley faces, click on the Globe of the Earth symbol (3rd one from the left)
6. Just in front of the first word that you have just highlighted (eg. Thai) you will see (url)
7. In between the l and the ] type in an equal sign
8. Between the equal sign and the square bracket, copy and paste the webpage (from Step 2)
9. It basically looks like this in the section where you type, but without the spaces and underline : ( url= http://www. forumthermomix. com/index.php?topic=3711.0 ]Thai Sweet Potato & Lentil Soup (url)
10. When you click "Preview" it will look like this Thai Sweet Potato & Lentil Soup  :o

(*NB: in most instances I have replaced a square bracket with a normal curved bracket, as the computer recognised this as a function key and did weird things. If your screen shows a square bracket, thats normal. Sometimes I also have a couple of forum web pages open as it makes flicking backwards and forwards easy, but don't worry about that until you have the hang of hyperlinking)
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 08:09:15 am by CreamPuff63 »
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2011, 08:18:32 am »
Thai Sweet Potato & Lentil Soup

Thanks CP63, gave it another go and surprise, surprise it worked.  All seemed too hard when MJ first posted it.  :-*

So instead of typing the name of the dish, you can type the word Here like MJ does?
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 08:21:18 am by judydawn »
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline hools003

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2011, 08:38:30 am »
Thai Sweet Potato and Lentil Soup

Not sure if I've done this right. When I did preview nothing happened!!!

Offline hools003

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2011, 08:40:10 am »
Yay it worked ;D
thanks CP63!! No stopping me now.

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2011, 12:04:17 pm »
thanks guys....good to know for future posts...definately much neater  :)
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline jeninwa

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2011, 12:05:52 pm »
Thanks CP63 it worked. You made it easier for me to understand. :)
I child-proofed my house, but they still get in!

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2011, 01:22:17 am »
my pleasure  :-*

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2011, 05:06:56 am »
That's much clearer, CP63. I do it that way too now.

Another trick is to use keyboard shortcuts to copy and paste. Once you've highlighted the URL you want to copy, hold down Ctrl and click C to copy, then hold down Ctrl and V to paste.  If you have a Mac, use Command +C or V.

If you're printing anything, Ctrl P is the keyboard shortcut.

A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline johnro

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2011, 02:13:25 pm »
Thank you all - I have spent an unbelievable amount of time attempting to post in the tidy fashion as demonstrated by CP and others.  I use hyperlinks in word documents for students all the time but could not get my head around how to insert the hyperlink into a title on the forum. (I was hoping that no one would happen to click on some of my crazy replies in the practising before I deleted them.  While the practicing was occurring in the wee hours in OZ , there could have been a chance some forum friends may have stumbled upon my lunacy and be witness to my attempts at learning what you have all just taught me.  Cheers and thank you CP for the clarity of your instruction.   :)  :)  :D  :D

I now will try - Red Thai Chicken Curry

You are a legend CP - thank you!!!! I have saved the instructions in your thread as a word document on the desktop - for those senior moments!!!!!
« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 02:37:02 pm by johnro »
Robyn from Rockhampton, Qld  :)

I used to have a handle on life, then it broke.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2011, 07:48:53 pm »
Good one Johnro  ;D ;D Don't you just love the way we get computer lessons on this forum. I must surprise my kids one day and send them a 'here' link - I'm sure they wouldn't know how to do it themselves  ;D ;D
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Very Happy Jan

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2011, 02:58:37 am »
Thanks for the instructions CP63.I've stuck them to the wall in front of my desk for easy referral and will have a go when the forum is quiet (2am sounds good!) If anyone is on and sees me post/delete/post/delete please just ignore me.
Jan.  Perth,  Western Australia
Adolescence is a time of great change. Between the ages of 12 and 17 a parent can age 20 years.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2011, 04:41:20 am »
Add a Photo
While I am at it... :D I am going to assume you know how to download photo’s off your camera, and the file/folder that you have saved it in is called Thermomix, and then you will name your photo so you can identify it. In this instance, my photo is called Brazens Bagel

1.   Right click on photo you wish to download to the forum
2.   Select Edit
3.   Click “Compress Pictures”, and then select “Compress for – Web pages
4.   Click OK and Save
5.   Now back to the TM post where you have been typing…just under the text box you will see written in bold Additional Options…Click
6.   See Attach, click on Browse – and browse your eg. Thermomix file and double click on eg Brazens Bagel
7.   If you have another photo, just next to the Browse button on the right hand side click on (more attachments)
8.   Click Preview if you wish to review your text (no photo will come up tho) before selecting Post

Note: Some computers may be different, I use a PC, and others may add photo's differently but I hope this can be of assistance to someone as we all enjoy seeing photo’s. You can't just download a photo straight off your camera as the size needs to be made smaller for web pages so you don’t have to wait an eternity for it to appear on the web page. Easy peasy  :D

Offline johnro

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2011, 10:04:29 pm »
VHJ your post really made me smile - a referral to my craziness is mentioned in an above post. So many times, in trying to get it right, I tried the hyperlink title using any post from the forum (generally when the majority of OZ forum members would have been safely tucked in bed!!!!!!!!)  :D  :D  :D
« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 10:07:49 pm by johnro »
Robyn from Rockhampton, Qld  :)

I used to have a handle on life, then it broke.

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2011, 07:22:34 am »
hihi no need to try and hide at the wee hours...nobody is perfect guys but thanks for the laugh  :) :)
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/