Author Topic: Suggestions for Kids Party Food  (Read 15174 times)

Offline snappy

• View Profile
Suggestions for Kids Party Food
« on: December 08, 2011, 08:06:08 am »
Calling all experienced TMX mums, dads and grandparents!

I've got my 5 year olds birthday party on next weekend and unfortunately very little time to prepare.  I have a huge week at work, pre-school graduation and a family friends Xmas party and will be working late and then cooking food for the party late at night - so I really have limited time and wanted to use my thermie to help me through.

I'm thinking honey joys, LTM's but in patty cases and some marshmallow ice cream cones which can all be made pretty easily.

Does anyone have any other suggestions for fantastic kids party food? 

Offline thermie crew

• View Profile
Re: Suggestions for Kids Party Food
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2011, 08:15:12 am »
Just had my daughter's 4th birthday party and being 36 weeks pregnant with number 3, it was scaled down somewhat food wise from other years. My tip would be to have a bigger quantity of a smaller selection of foods (easier to make bulk amounts than lots of different bits and pieces).

We didn't do heaps in thermie for a change-fairy bread (with bought bread-shock horror!!), a big fruit platter, and lots of sausage rolls (homemade filling in thermie but with bought butter puff pastry). For an afternoon tea it was sufficient and we still had lots of leftovers somehow. Also did the cake-love the EDC chocolate cake (a x4 batch to make the train) and some great thermie choc icing from a recipe off someone's blog-been meaning to upload it, it is insanely good!).

Honey crackles are a good one. The recipe off here is great, so easy and you can do it a day or two ahead of time. Choose other things like it that you can prepare before the day as that sounds like when you'll have more time...and don't feel like it needs to be a feast. Much better to relax and enjoy the birthday celebrations yourself too.
Clare from Adelaide, mum of 3 littlies :)

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2011, 08:18:47 am »
i am out of touch these day on kids parties. there many young mums on this forum that will be able to help you
i don't need a recipe i'm italian

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2011, 12:11:37 pm »
Snappy, here is a thread with plenty of ideas.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline snappy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2011, 12:36:23 pm »
Thanks JD - you know where all the information is hiding!

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2011, 09:28:40 am »
reported
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!