Author Topic: Forum Fest 2016  (Read 20248 times)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Forum Fest 2016
« Reply #45 on: January 28, 2016, 09:33:25 am »
Yes I agree cookie but I need to see if I can afford to come!  Just checked Jetstar (I've only ever used Qantas & Virgin in Australia) and their direct flight from Adelaide and back is just $390 in comparison.  No luggage + a booking fee of course but I couldn't get any further to see what luggage costs or even what time the flights leave.  It's all just a bit of an exercise at the moment but it makes Virgin's sale prices look rather exhorbitant.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 28, 2016, 09:49:18 am »
Sounds fair enough to me Judy.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 28, 2016, 07:36:14 pm »
It's almost February already so time is going by quickly.  I will try to confirm one way or the other as soon as possible, Gert.  Once again, thanks so much for all the background work you are doing for all of us.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #48 on: January 28, 2016, 07:53:03 pm »
Ral and I would love to come but unable to make a commitment because of selling house. Make plans that suit most and if we can come we will just try and fit in somehow.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 28, 2016, 09:33:29 pm »
Yes I agree cookie but I need to see if I can afford to come!  Just checked Jetstar (I've only ever used Qantas & Virgin in Australia) and their direct flight from Adelaide and back is just $390 in comparison.  No luggage + a booking fee of course but I couldn't get any further to see what luggage costs or even what time the flights leave.  It's all just a bit of an exercise at the moment but it makes Virgin's sale prices look rather exhorbitant.

Judy Jet Star has one direct flight a day and it leaves at 0740. On the 4 of August the cheapest fare is $185 one way. That includes 7 kilos of carry on which is plenty. Add $40 for 20 kilos of checked baggage. The return fare should be no more than $205 depending on the day. It is an easy 3 hour and 15 minute flight. It will take all day with other airlines with a stop in Sydney, Melbourne etc.  I have used this flight several times. It is not often this flight is discounted as it is the only direct flight and is often full.

Gert

Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 28, 2016, 09:36:06 pm »
Have you seen the rooms and facilities Gert?  If you think it suits our needs then I completely trust your judgement as you've been to all FF's and know exactly what we want and need.

No I have not seen the rooms Judy but if chosen I will. I have had a meal there and many drinks on the deck.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 29, 2016, 12:28:48 am »
That flight would certainly suit me better Gert, the less time in the air and sitting around in airports the better as far as I'm concerned. Accommodation is best left to the person organising these events, you know better than us and wouldn't put us anywhere you wouldn't stay yourself.  I say we go with your suggestion, we will be out for most of the day anyway.

Offline Mama Fergie

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 29, 2016, 01:23:34 am »
I don't think I can make it on those dates as DD and husband are going on holiday and I am looking after the kids and dogs 😢

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 29, 2016, 01:40:39 am »
I've just had a quick look at the flights from here. I can come via Alice Springs, Sydney, Melbourne or even Darwin. Some I won't be looking at as they are all nighters and the flights via Darwin seem to be booked out already. If I can get it Alice Springs will be the most direct. They don't do many direct flights and I don't wish to do an all nighter as I will want to sleep at FF then.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 29, 2016, 03:28:48 am »
It is a tricky place to get to.  Sorry to hear you cannot make it Norma, the next one maybe.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 29, 2016, 12:58:06 pm »
But very lovely.

Offline trudy

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 09, 2016, 09:30:00 am »
Looks like all's underway, thanks to Gert and everything sounds great!  Don't think that we will be able to make it this year as leaving for Italy a couple of weeks later.  I know you will all have a great time.

Offline kezza

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 10, 2016, 11:42:06 am »
I'm just catching up here on posts.  I will be away on a cruise Stockholm to Bergen mid July so unfortunately won't be able to make it this year.  😕

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 10, 2016, 07:31:03 pm »
We were in Stockholm last year, Kezza, it is a gorgeous city.  We would sit next to the harbour and watch the cruise ships coming in (and there were lots of them!) Such a shame you will miss this year's FF.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #59 on: February 10, 2016, 08:22:10 pm »
Kezza,  see if you can spend some time in Bergen.  We loved it. My fish cake recipe was inspired by what we had there.