Author Topic: A Thermomix Christmas as it unfolds  (Read 10319 times)

Offline disgruntleddog

• View Profile
A Thermomix Christmas as it unfolds
« on: December 25, 2011, 12:10:22 am »
We're having a quiet Christmas with just my wife, sister in law and myself here.

So, were spending the day cooking and watching movies. Here is a list of things we've made for Christmas.

I made some bread rolls last night and this morning I made some butter and then some hollandaise sauce with said butter.

So breakfast was bacon, eggs, tomato, mushrooms on toasted wholemeal buns with butter and hollandaise sauce. All just great.

Probably don't need lunch.

Just going to make some gingerbeer.

Let you know what else is on the menu when I do.

Chris

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: A Thermomix Christmas as it unfolds
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2011, 03:31:46 am »
Hi Chris.  OUrs is self, DH, DD and ma in law who is kind of crazy. Dh has gone to pick her up.

We had blueberry pancakes for breakfast, they were lovely. Morning tea was lovely coffee and Christmas cake. I've been nibbling on the nuts and finishing off the salads for lunch, slicing the meat and tasting that too. Decorated a pavlova for sweets with trifle with lots of sherry and fresh fruit salad.
I have lots of lovely cookbooks to check out this afternoon if I don't fall asleep.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline disgruntleddog

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2011, 03:55:14 am »
I just took Bimby's Chocolate Cake out of the oven. Damn it looks good. Can't have it until after dinner. :(

http://www.forumthermomix.com/index.php?topic=1097.0

Offline thermoheaven

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2011, 05:16:05 am »
all sounds lovely. we're just cooking along as we go, too. the morning started with banana pancakes; while that was happening, i mixed up a batch of dough for bagels to have with salmon and cream cheese. while the dough was proving, i cooked some chicken with ginger and garlic to have with garlic rice. my sister's mixing up some takoyaki batter now. we'll have roast pork with crackling tonight with potato pizza. i'm sure there'll bemore food happening, but isn't it nice we can be so relaxed about it?

Offline disgruntleddog

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2011, 05:57:23 am »
Mmmm bagels.

I just put on a roast chicken. I used this recipe for stuffing from Taste on advice of a friend. http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/11232/prosciutto+pine+nut+currant+stuffing

Made too much, it wouldn't fit into the cavity so I had to eat some. It was a tough job but someone had to do it.

Ah relaxing Christmases. A friend is have 35 people over and another is having her parents and her new partner's parents over for Christmas dinner. The two lots of parents are meeting for the first time. Both from Italian backgrounds. No pressure there.

Offline RosieB

• DGS
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2011, 06:56:42 am »
I just unwrapped my new Pizza Maker so no I am off to make Pizza dough.
And my new dehydrator so slicing bananas to go into that.
DH has a new eReader and DGS has new Wii games are both are quietly playing.
So far Christmas has been pretty relaxed.

I hope to get an eReader in a couple of days for my birthday and then it will be my turn to play.
Tho I do love my new gadgets that I did get today..
Rosalie, from the Sunshine Coast, Qld.
Retired, full time carer for my 8YO Grandson with Asperger's Syndrome. 
I love gardening and cooking.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2011, 08:35:52 am »
Was happy with the kitchen items I received today - heavy cookie sheet, heart shaped pan, plastic/bamboo patterned tray and bowls plus a subscription to BBC Australian Good Food..
« Last Edit: December 25, 2011, 08:42:22 am by judydawn »
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2011, 08:42:34 am »
Well I feel as though I am about to burst. I've eaten far too much and still have dinner to go. We've hardly made a dent in the food. Ma in law seemed pretty good today but she is looking very old and is having difficulty walking and using her right arm. She only wanted to take all the serviettes from lunch. Told me she will smooth them out and put them over empty tissue boxes! Not too sure of any logical reasoning. She said she still has last years she got from our place. Gotta love her. She loved her zhu zhu pet. I think she will get a lot of pleasure from it.

I was pleased with our pavlova. DD doesn't like cream much so I filled it with mascarpone and put fresh raspberries and blackberries on it and served it with strawberry coulis. Different but nice.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline disgruntleddog

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2011, 09:04:39 am »
I feel a bit like Mr. Creosote. Ate so much.

Everything worked a treat except I decided to whip some cream with sugar and vanilla to use as icing. Put it on for 20 seconds as per the book. Ended up being whipped butter. Very tasty but not quite the desired effect. Moral is 10 seconds to whip when it's double cream.

Offline RosieB

• DGS
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2011, 10:12:11 am »
Was happy with the kitchen items I received today - heavy cookie sheet, heart shaped pan, plastic/bamboo patterned tray and bowls plus a subscription to BBC Australian Good Food..

I love the heart shaped pans.  They look great.  Look forward to seeing photos of what you create in them.
Rosalie, from the Sunshine Coast, Qld.
Retired, full time carer for my 8YO Grandson with Asperger's Syndrome. 
I love gardening and cooking.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2011, 11:24:29 am »

That's the sort of presents I like JD ;D
Just put the turkey in the oven.We're off to have a drink with neighbours soon.Haven't opened any presents yet as we are waiting for our DD to arrive later today so we can all enjoy that event altogether. :)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2011, 11:26:20 am »
Have a lovely day CC, especially tonight with DD coming. :-* :-*
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2011, 01:28:23 pm »
She only wanted to take all the serviettes from lunch. Told me she will smooth them out and put them over empty tissue boxes! Not too sure of any logical reasoning. She said she still has last years she got from our place.

How cute is that! (not to mention a cheap gift - if they all could be that easy...) what is a zhu zhu pet - it sounds like a something low maintenance?
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2011, 02:16:21 pm »
We just had the four of us DW and 2 DDs. Started the day with lots of cookies and other treats while w opened presents.  Then had croissant for breakfast.

Then had traditional turkey and roast veg for late lunch (3:30ish) Finally finished off with plum pudding made in themomix a couple of weeks ago and custard made by DD2 in her new thermomix she got for Christmas. 

It has been a nice quite Christmas for us.  Tomorrow will be pretty quite too with just the 4 of u intil later in the afternoon when DD2's boyfriend arrives.

Sounds like everyone had a lovely Christmas.

Offline hools003

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2011, 02:32:14 pm »
I hope everyone had a lovely day.
We had a busy day with breakfast at mum and dads, then lunch at the in laws and then mum and dad came to us for dinner.
Wasn't sure if I was going to be well enough this morning as  I was in bed all day yesterday with gastro!!!  Lucky it wasn't today. Anyway I woke up this morning and managed a bit of food but was careful cos the tummy was still complaining a bit!!! Absolutely drained now, think it's time for bed.