Author Topic: Prep for party food  (Read 2908 times)

Offline BeezeeBee

• View Profile
Prep for party food
« on: June 13, 2014, 09:12:09 am »
Quick questions, friends... no time to do a search. Still in the midst of making icing for DS14's birthday party tomorrow 😱😱 Don't even hv time to make dinner! DS9 has swim lessons afterwards. DS12 has a strings concert tonight. Aaarghhhhhh....!

I've made CP's blueberry muffins, and froze them. Do I thaw and chuck into oven prior to party? 160c fan forced, 5 mins??

Making Maddy's buttercream icing. Going to hv leftovers for his cake on actual birthday. Should I freeze? Then thaw and whip on the day itself??

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Prep for party food
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2014, 11:49:07 am »
How long before the birthday BZB? The icing will keep for a bit. I always freeze the leftovers  of the icing, thaw and use. Not too sure about the muffins.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2014, 12:18:22 pm »
I just thaw my muffins and eat them BZB, the only time I zap them in the microwave is if they're frozen and I need them immediately.  Others may warm them up in the oven but what's the purpose of that unless you want to serve them warm?
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2014, 01:49:20 pm »
That icing keeps really well in the fridge for at least a week. Bring it out of fridge and rest on bench for a bit and ice the cake. No need to re whip.

Offline BeezeeBee

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2014, 03:50:55 pm »
Cookie, his birthday is on Tuesday. Not sure of the cake yet. Might make the Tim Tam cake...or ILB cake if I run out of time 😁

Judy, thanks. I will pull the muffins out from the freezer in the morning. Party is at 2pm.

Glad to hear that, Kimmy. The whipping is easy, but getting icing off the butterfly is another story altogether.

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2014, 12:12:45 pm »
Oh that's easy BZB.......you just use your tongue 😝😀

Offline BeezeeBee

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2014, 03:40:25 pm »
Hahaha. Dare not do it too much Kimmy  😁

The muffins turned out well. Took them out of the freezer in the morning and left them on the bench.