Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6131387 times)

Offline Nikkit

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #15000 on: June 25, 2014, 08:03:32 am »
Not as glam as some cookie! But I did scrub up ok I think. Pretty nerve wracking going up on stage in front of about 350 people, but a good night.

Have been to work this morning and am flagging now. May have to make yet another cuppa coffee!

Hope you feel better soon Jo, and you get used to your new tooth cookie.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #15001 on: June 25, 2014, 09:32:55 am »
Jo hope you feel better soon.  I just did my GST at the beginning of the week, so am ahead of you, but it is EOFY stocktake this weekend so you are lucky just having the GST to do!  Take care.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #15002 on: June 25, 2014, 10:08:25 am »
Trying to get a few extra jobs done (other than the necessities like washing, tidying, dishes,  and cooking) done this week,  wrist is starting to feel better and the house is sending me crazy  :-)) but I still have to be careful not to overdo it.  :-[
:D

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15003 on: June 25, 2014, 10:12:33 am »
Nikkit Spotry Horse  would have bee so proud of you as we are. I am sure you were gorgeous, well presented and well spoken. Pity about the spinach in your teeth.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15004 on: June 25, 2014, 12:52:58 pm »
Nikkit were you up for an award?  If so a big congratulations.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15005 on: June 25, 2014, 04:07:04 pm »
I hope you are feeling better this morning Jo :)

Congrats from me too Nikkit.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Nikkit

• View Profile
« Reply #15006 on: June 26, 2014, 01:33:17 am »
Nikkit Spotry Horse  would have bee so proud of you as we are. I am sure you were gorgeous, well presented and well spoken. Pity about the spinach in your teeth.

Gert

Ha ha Gert, Let me tell you we checked our teeth before we got up there! Us girls had a "signal" and we all grinned at each other and checked for spinach and gave the nod if all clear!!
After dinner Andrew Daddow said "right you lot, clean yourself up before you get up here on stage, you know, check your teeth for spinach!"  ;D

Thanks cookie  :) and CC  :)
The tea room I cook for was nominated for a Telstra Small Business award, we made finalists in our category, but didn't win. Up against some tough competition. I was honoured to be invited seeing as I'm in the background of the whole thing. 

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #15007 on: June 26, 2014, 05:16:31 am »
working, on quotes
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline troupie

• View Profile
« Reply #15008 on: June 26, 2014, 06:16:02 am »
Bedlam that is such beautiful country side around Esperance; we have driven many of the tracks down there photographing orchids and other wildflowers. My DH likes nothing more than a good rough track which at times scares me a bit but I have got used to it.

Love your invitations mcmich; I too love making invitations and cards.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15009 on: June 26, 2014, 08:46:56 am »
Nikkit, that is really, really wonderful. You should all be very proud of yourselves.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Emme

• View Profile
« Reply #15010 on: June 26, 2014, 10:07:35 am »
Great achievement Nikkit, well done.  ;D

Astarra, glad your wrist is getting better.  Keep taking it easy though  :)

Mcmich, those invitations are lovely  :)

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #15011 on: June 26, 2014, 10:59:55 am »
Nikkit that is fantastic.

Gert

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #15012 on: June 27, 2014, 12:05:51 am »
I have just got to have a rant .... sorry if this bores you, I’ve just got to get it off my chest I am so annoyed.

We are currently looking to employ a young person from overseas who holds a bridging visa.  This person has advised that they have permission to seek employment and will be granted a full visa, but, although we have no reason to disbelieve this person, we want to make sure of this, after all, there are penalties for employers who employ illegal workers. 

Anyway, yesterday I rang the department of Immigration to verify the position and sat on hold for one hour at which point I had to give up ... after all, we have a business to run and have so many other things to attend to.  I then decided to send them an email and got an automatic reply back (a couple of pages worth) and saying if that reply didn’t answer our query (which it didn’t) they would get back to us in 2 – 3 weeks!!!  We cannot wait 2 – 3 weeks at Immigration’s whim, once again, we have a business to run!

I checked that they open at 8.30 am so, at 8.30 am on the dot this morning I rang them and after a mere 15 minutes on hold finally got to speak to someone.  All I needed was a yes or no answer but, sorry, under Freedom of Information, etc., they cannot tell me if this person is legally permitted to work in Australia or not.  I now have to register with Immigration to prove I am an employer, wait another 3 – 5 days for them to agree with me, that, yes, I am a legal entity, then they will give me a password to access another site to get my yes or no answer.

I am so frustrated!!!  Here we are, trying to do the correct thing legally, and all we get is brick wall, after brick wall, after brick wall.  GGGRRRRRRRRRRR!!!  >:(  >:(  >:(
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #15013 on: June 27, 2014, 12:41:19 am »
I feel your pain Marina. Sometimes it is hard to do the right thing and you just give up. If this person is worthwhile and you value them just preserve rust rating as it is.  In the long run you both may benefit.

If ya really wanna have fun go deal with Centrelink? Or better still Telstra. Telstra can keep you busy for years.

Gert

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15014 on: June 27, 2014, 12:51:14 am »
I feel for you too Marina, Government departments are so difficult to deal with but if you do the wrong thing they will come the heavy on you with no regard for your high professionalism and attempt to do the right thing in the first place.  I wish you luck in this regard.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.