Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6131010 times)

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #10920 on: October 03, 2013, 08:28:44 am »
My DH and DS had better not read this.
Saying that once we are I finished and sorted   Am determined to get rid of anything we don't need here, despite the large attic.
You are inspiring mcmich  :D

mcmich

« Reply #10921 on: October 03, 2013, 08:38:45 am »
My DH and DS had better not read this.
Saying that once we are I finished and sorted   Am determined to get rid of anything we don't need here, despite the large attic.
You are inspiring mcmich  :D

Inspiring? - hardly - just way too much stuff.  :o

Offline Emme

• View Profile
« Reply #10922 on: October 03, 2013, 09:29:02 am »
Mcmich, I really must have a clean up here, you have inspired me to make a start.  When we shifted house I had a clean out then and then my Mum died and I was left with a lot of stuff I just couldn't toss out.  Maybe now is a good time to start.

Marie

mcmich

« Reply #10923 on: October 03, 2013, 09:55:30 am »
It's hard to let go of the sentimental. If it has been stowed away in a box for years, not displayed or used, maybe it is time to give it to a family member who will appreciate it.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10924 on: October 03, 2013, 09:58:06 am »
Well done Michele, you are obviously having a huge de-clutter there.  I've been through every cupboard in the house since Geoff went but unless I downsize one day, I probably still have way too much.  Will not be buying any more appliances though, hardly use the ones I have apart from the TMX.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

mcmich

« Reply #10925 on: October 03, 2013, 10:07:04 am »
I'm with you Judy. Plenty of storage space and using it to capacity.
When we do downsize in the near future, hopefully we will just have what we love and use regularly.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #10926 on: October 03, 2013, 09:54:19 pm »
Michelle,  I think If i have not used it, or worn that item in 12 months, donate it on to someone.

This weekend I am going through our 2 spare bedrooms, Christmas stuff, and kids toys they don't play with.
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
Re: Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #10927 on: October 04, 2013, 12:13:30 am »
Mcmich you've inspired me to do more :) we really don't need all this 'stuff'!  Unfortunately we moved out of our house so quickly that we didn't have time to purge and now we are settled into the new home it's time!
I have a Facebook page with all things cooking, you'll find it here: https://www.facebook.com/What-Amber-Ate-1097437023601587/

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10928 on: October 04, 2013, 03:51:28 am »
Mcmich, I really must have a clean up here, you have inspired me to make a start.  When we shifted house I had a clean out then and then my Mum died and I was left with a lot of stuff I just couldn't toss out.  Maybe now is a good time to start.

Marie

Marie when Mum died I think the boxes of stuff from her house sat in out theatre for about two years. I just couldn't do it. When she had to leave her home we boxed up her stuff for her and I stored it. Every now and then she would ask for something and I would assure her I still,had it. ( which I did). When I eventually did the boxes it took me ages as I cried all the time. I'm glad I waited though as I was really prepared to do it then. Mum was a large part of our life as when they shifted to Perth and Dad died I would ring her each day. When she went into the nursing home I would call in each day on the way home from school and have afternoon tea with her. Then we would go out on the weekend.

« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 04:05:56 am by judydawn »
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10929 on: October 04, 2013, 04:07:46 am »
You had a wonderful relationship with your Mum Cookie and although you would miss her terribly, you have such wonderful memories to cherish.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10930 on: October 04, 2013, 06:45:58 am »
That's so nice of you Judy. Yes indeed lots of happy memories of both Mum and Dad. I'm sure we all have these.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

mcmich

« Reply #10931 on: October 04, 2013, 07:15:37 am »
You obviously had wonderful parents. It's good to give yourself some space and time before sorting through a loved ones things.

mcmich

« Reply #10932 on: October 04, 2013, 07:20:48 am »
Giving a few things some new life with black paint today. I had a cream coaster holder that sits on our back patio table and I've never liked the cream so it is now black and also a vintage look "rusty" tray that was all the go about 10yrs ago that also sits on the patio table is on its way to being black and the tray from the vintage scales that I use as a fruit bowl had a tidy up.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10933 on: October 04, 2013, 08:25:34 am »
It's amazing what a coat of paint and a bit of effort can do for some old items Michele - recycling at it's best.

Offline Emme

• View Profile
« Reply #10934 on: October 04, 2013, 09:37:16 am »
Cookie, so lovely to hear of your special relationship with your Mum.  Yes, it is hard to go through the possessions but I will have to make some hard decisions soon.

Mcmich, the coat of paint has made such a difference.  Well done  ;D