Author Topic: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)  (Read 4479371 times)

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #1500 on: January 04, 2012, 11:21:13 am »
a couple of days ago i bought new shoes for work tried  them on took a few steps ,ok i will take them price tag  $199.00
went to conuter to pay they were only 49.99  ;D
 i worked tonight with them and my legs were killing me, i said **** I need to take them back, while i was   searching for the  receipt in the box i found a dvd about the shoes, i said WTH

1 burn more calories
2 tone muscles
3 improve posture
4 improve circulation
5 reduce joint stress
6 frim calf muscles
and the list goes on

i love these shoes now, pain what pain  :-))

« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 11:24:13 am by fundj »
i don't need a recipe i'm italian

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: January 04, 2012, 11:45:04 am »
Was the brand sketchers.

H :)
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: January 04, 2012, 11:52:04 am »
yes hally  ;D
i don't need a recipe i'm italian

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: January 04, 2012, 12:18:24 pm »
I bought a pair in hawaii, they are great when you get used to them,  20 mins a day to start with

:)
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline johnro

• View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: January 04, 2012, 12:56:09 pm »
.....simply passing on handy information Meagan  :D  :D  :D  :D
Robyn from Rockhampton, Qld  :)

I used to have a handle on life, then it broke.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: January 05, 2012, 03:13:13 am »
I've got a couple of pairs of Sketchers from Singapore. I love them. I'm still getting used to the Flipflops I bought there though.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline RoxyS

• View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: January 05, 2012, 08:34:23 am »
My DH tells me that this thread is leading me up the garden path. Can't say I mind though as I have now purchased the Dinner Spinner app for his iPad and today bought The Recipe Box app so now have my own folder on his iPad and have started loading my recipes.
While in NZ recently I bought a cookbook - The Tin Goose Cookbook from the cafe of the same name in Cromwell. Have tried one of the salad recipes and am looking forward to trying so many more of the recipes. Just wish my teenagers were less fussy.
Am needing to buy a new pressure cooker sometime before winter as my 50 yr old one (I ended up with my M-I-L's one somehow), finally gave up the ghost the other day. Does anyone have any suggestions? Haven't seen any pink ones Maddy.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: January 05, 2012, 09:04:57 am »
Roxy last year I bought a Kuhn Rikon (Swiss) and its a beauty. It is extremely quiet, and the valve pops up and shows on a guage whether low or high pressure has been reached. Love it. Also the Womens Weekly Pressure Cooker book has some delicious recipes and I use that a lot as well, while other pc books sit a bit idle.
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline RoxyS

• View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: January 05, 2012, 09:22:52 am »
Thanks for that CP, I do plan to buy a cookbook too, so will look for the one you've suggested.

Offline Deeau

• View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: January 05, 2012, 10:08:31 am »
For christmas I ot a pressure cooker cook book it is called Miss Vicki's Pressure Cooker ( Recipe book ) it is a great book and she has a web site with lots of info on it. I borrowed the book from my Local Library but decided I needed to own the book.

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #1510 on: January 05, 2012, 12:17:56 pm »
Lurve my pressure cooker. Can't remember the brand, but it's a bit fiddly to get the lid on correctly, so I won't recommend it.

I'm still in a dither about an iPad. I have an iPhone and I reckon an iPad is just a big iPhone that you can't use as a phone!

I'm really wanting it as an e-reader more than anything else. I'm looking at Kindle 3G and noted that in the US, the internet connection for Kindle is free! It's paid by Amazon. Can't believe how much the internet is free in the US, yet we have to pay through the nose here.

For those who have a Kindle, can I connect it to my Windows computer to download things? If not, is it worth getting the 3G model?

Julie, did you mean it was $150 for the whole 12 months with 12Gb download allowed each month? If so, that's excellent! Unfortunately, we only have Telstra in the bush, so I doubt I could get a deal like that.
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline Meagan

• View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: January 05, 2012, 02:08:53 pm »
Lurve my pressure cooker. Can't remember the brand, but it's a bit fiddly to get the lid on correctly, so I won't recommend it.

I'm still in a dither about an iPad. I have an iPhone and I reckon an iPad is just a big iPhone that you can't use as a phone!

I'm really wanting it as an e-reader more than anything else. I'm looking at Kindle 3G and noted that in the US, the internet connection for Kindle is free! It's paid by Amazon. Can't believe how much the internet is free in the US, yet we have to pay through the nose here.

For those who have a Kindle, can I connect it to my Windows computer to download things? If not, is it worth getting the 3G model?

Julie, did you mean it was $150 for the whole 12 months with 12Gb download allowed each month? If so, that's excellent! Unfortunately, we only have Telstra in the bush, so I doubt I could get a deal like that.

The kindle coverage is worldwide Megan
Thermomix consultant in beautiful Perth,  Mum to 2 boys :)

Do you Fly with the flyLady?  www.flylady.net

Offline Moo2

• View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: January 05, 2012, 03:25:06 pm »
Meganjane, I have the 3G kindle and as Megan said, it is free to download anywhere in the world. This is really handy if you are traveling and run out of books.  It's only an extra $40/$50 in the purchase price and the free 3G is for the life of the kindle not per month or year. We camp a lot and it fantastic to be able to purchase and download a new book in the middle of nowhere!

Offline andiesenji

• View Profile
    • Books, Cooks, Gadgets and Gardening
« Reply #1513 on: January 05, 2012, 05:13:37 pm »
There are strong rumors coming out of Cupertino, the home of Apple, that there will be a new iPad coming out in just a few months.
Hang on and wait, at least till the end of January, the usual time Apple announces new technology.
One persistent rumor is that the new iPad will be able to be used as a phone and will be able to send and receive videos from other smart phones.  

This could all be ether-talk but even the local news stations are talking about it, not just the geek squad...

Here's one link.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 05:15:26 pm by andiesenji »
I'm not OverWeight, I'm UnderTall!
My Blog: http://www.asenjigalblogs.com/

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: January 05, 2012, 08:33:41 pm »
Meganjane, the 12gb is $120 once you have the starter kit and lasts for twelve months or whenever the 12gb is used up - whichever is sooner. I've been on this plan since the iPad 2 came out and because of a mix up with Telstra where they deleted my entire 12gb in the first month and weren't able to get it back on I've had free Internet since July last year! I ring Telstra about it every month or so but they don't seem to be able to figure out what has happened to my account. They don't have my credit card details so can't charge me and there is a long record of me calling to check so they can't decide to bill me down the track. If you have wii at home it's surprising how little of the 3G you actually use up. After trying a few different carriers on my iPad1 I would go with Telstra ever time for coverage reliability for the price.