Author Topic: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)  (Read 4498323 times)

Offline maddy

• View Profile
Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #1095 on: November 04, 2011, 10:46:19 pm »
Have big shed  ;)
Although, my Mum does alright out of it.  She gets my newish cast off's when I find pink replacements.
She will be getting the newish soda stream when my replacement arrives, and I had not long ago bought a new handmixer, but this K.A. one had my name stamped on it  :P
She has agreed to play along with the story that she is buying them off me  ;D Not fibbing, just protecting hubby from the truth LOL......his wife has a problem!  ;)
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: November 05, 2011, 12:34:56 am »
LOL  :D

Maddy, just curious, why would you need the processor, is it to slice or just so you have the set (in pink).  :)
« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 12:36:34 am by JulieO »

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: November 05, 2011, 03:11:12 am »
LOL  :D

Maddy, just curious, why would you need the processor, is it to slice or just so you have the set (in pink):)

I'm so transparent! LOL  :D

Seems crazy I know, particularly having a TM, but I do use my processor quite a bit.
I much prefer the grating disks, love the quick slicing for bakes/salads etc, and I would love a processor that can fit a julienne & french fry disk.  My Breville one doesn't have those options.  Washing the bowls doesn't faze me.  I have a borner V slicer....but even with the safety hat, I'm not very careful......those things can slice good amounts of finger!  :o
Love thermie to bits, but he can't do everything  ;)
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: November 05, 2011, 03:24:08 am »
No, not crazy at all.  I understand where you're coming from, especially about the v-slicer.  Must admit I won't get rid of my Magimix, just in case I need to do a lot of slicing.  The only time I've had a bit of trouble grinding in the TM is when it's very small amounts (spices), or whole cinnamon sticks,  then I use a spice grinder.  ;D

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: November 05, 2011, 08:01:21 am »
maddy there is a pink one here

or are you after the deluxe model..this is the artisan one???
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline tarasis

• Stay at home dad with a Thermomix & 2 kids :)
    • View Profile
    • Tarasis.net
« Reply #1100 on: November 05, 2011, 10:00:48 am »
No, not crazy at all.  I understand where you're coming from, especially about the v-slicer.  Must admit I won't get rid of my Magimix, just in case I need to do a lot of slicing.  The only time I've had a bit of trouble grinding in the TM is when it's very small amounts (spices), or whole cinnamon sticks,  then I use a spice grinder.  ;D

See now I'm thinking we should have kept our Magimix instead of giving it to my wifes sister. Would be useful for grating carrot, parmesan and the like. (Though as we hadn't used it much for the last few years it was better going to a home where it would get used)
Rob from Buchholz i.d.N, Klecken, Hamburg, formerly (England) Burgess Hill, Goring By Sea, Brighton, (Northern Ireland) Bangor and Newtownards.

http://tarasis.net

Offline foodiepep

• View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: November 05, 2011, 11:21:27 am »

Maddy is after the Artisan kitchenaid food processor, she already has the artisan kitchenaid mixer.

Offline andiesenji

• View Profile
    • Books, Cooks, Gadgets and Gardening
« Reply #1102 on: November 05, 2011, 06:11:42 pm »
I had three of the old style Cuisinart processors.  Gave the 11 cup to a neighbor when her's broke but still have the 14 cup and the big 20 cup which I use a lot for slicing cucumbers for pickles as it is faster than using a mandolin. 
For many years I used a Bron mandolin, buying new blades every five years or so but two or three years ago I replaced it with a deBuyer mandolin that is much easier on my shoulder and elbow - the action is different.
I slice a lot of ginger for candying and for me it is easier than using the Cuisinart.
I'm not OverWeight, I'm UnderTall!
My Blog: http://www.asenjigalblogs.com/

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: November 05, 2011, 10:41:40 pm »

Yep, have the mixer  Frozzie, that is what I refer to as "Rizzo" (the pink lady)  :P.....and this is the mixer that is getting fixed at the moment  :(  Repair man was ringing me Friday with an update.....haven't heard from him yet.
The processor available O.S., but not here yet.
This is her....*sighs*

Well boys out fishing on the bay, so what else is a girl to  do.....Look on ebay of course!  (and just ignore the jobs surrounding me)  :P

Found some nice bread baskets there, so I thought these would look prettier that a tea towel wrapped bowl.

.........EAT CAKE!

Offline andiesenji

• View Profile
    • Books, Cooks, Gadgets and Gardening
« Reply #1104 on: November 05, 2011, 11:00:04 pm »
I like the bread baskets, Maddy.   I'm always looking for ways to keep rolls warm.  I have one with a base "plate" that heats in the microwave but to me it smells funny so I only use it outdoors during the summer when things stay warm anyway. 

I also use a couple of cloth-lined oval basket sand cover them with giant tea cozies I had a woman make for my two 12-cup tea pots.

I'm not OverWeight, I'm UnderTall!
My Blog: http://www.asenjigalblogs.com/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: November 05, 2011, 11:07:14 pm »
They are nice maddy and easy to make if you are that way inclined.  Who has time for sewing these days though when, at the click of a mouse, we can have them delivered to our door  :-)) 
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: November 05, 2011, 11:21:36 pm »
Love the breadbaskets, i have been looking for soething nice to "display" my home made rols when we have guests, link please.

Love the way you "sell" everything to your mum, that is too funny.

I have a v slicer too, cut myself too many times.
I do need to buy something that juliennes and slicers perfectly, any suggestions.

H :)
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: November 05, 2011, 11:25:02 pm »
Love the breadbaskets, i have been looking for soething nice to "display" my home made rols when we have guests, link please.

bread baskets on ebay
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline nazar

• View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: November 06, 2011, 12:18:01 am »
l like to sew its one of my many hobbies
and l get a great thrill that l have made it myself  and also l like it when people comment on what l made
and l proundly tell them l made it myself
but l am careful who l give my handmade stuff too as some people dont like handmade stuff [ they think l took the cheap way out  only if they knew , half the time it cost more than if you were to buy it ]

South West WA AUSTRALIA

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: November 06, 2011, 01:59:14 am »
You are dead right there nazar, craft work is quite expensive but rewarding if you are not looking to make money out of it.
If you tackle these, please share a photo with us.  I used to do stuff when I was younger but not anymore.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.