Author Topic: What other Kitchen thingy would you buy besides a Thermie  (Read 34574 times)

stacelee

Re: What other Kitchen thingy would you buy besides a Thermie
« Reply #45 on: October 04, 2013, 04:24:48 am »
We have the Zoku as well...and love it.  I have the storage unit and can recommend it and also the tool kit which is great for me as I shake really badly and the little jugs make filling the holes a lot easier.

My recent purchase was a really discounted Jamie Oliver homecooker and cutting tower.  They are $170 at Target and it was further discounted 20%....a big difference in price to the original one I bought which broke and was returned to Myer.  I've been making a lot of jams, salsas, pasta sauces etc lately and wanted something that I could reduce them in faster than the TMX. (it also saves my TMX from the kids who have discovered what the kitchen is for).

I have a ridiculous number of appliances but they pretty much all get used...it is the pots/pans/serving platters etc that I have too many of and should cull....and don't even start me on coffee mugs but noone will let me get rid of any because they all belong to someone who can't possibly let it go.  I'm hanging out for my kids to leave home so some of the stuff can leave with them....and then I will probably just end up with more stuff :(.  I'm my own worst enemy at times but I have too many catalogs with cool stuff come across my desk from suppliers...and I'm weak..very weak :P  I'm hanging out for my citrus peeler to arrive (as well as a few other toys)

Offline Brumington

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 04, 2013, 04:24:54 am »
I saw an imitation one in Kmart. Might go back to have another look.

Offline zebraa

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 05, 2013, 03:55:29 am »
I'm going to get that zoku storage thingo for the kids for Christmas too. I think we will use it. We use the zoku most days now it is getting warmer - for arvo tea.

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 05, 2013, 11:34:53 pm »
Just thinking of buying me something, but not sure what.

....sounds like your kitchen is content then Robyn....maybe something nice for yourself instead  ;)

Well, you asked....here's my thoughts  :P

In my honest opinion, I think the kitchenaid is overrated....that is unless you will/do use the add on attachments.
I've had the circuit board already replaced, and any time I use it, the bolt connecting the top of the mixer head, works its way out....and I have to bang it back in with a hammer  :-)) it's out of warranty & I really don't want to spend more money on it.   I now reach for my hand mixer if I don't use the TM.

This is my dream mixer, so hopefully the KA dies a death soon!

The Swedish assistent mixer with 7 Lt. Bowl....it comes with double whisk, dough roller & cutter, and lots of accessories can be purchased

....and did I mention how retro cool it would look in my kitchen  8)

The silex commercial grill

....my Parents have one and don't use it  :o....like many appliances they own!
I have told them, when they drop off the perch, I would like to inherit it....but my Brother wants it too, so dad said its going in the hole with him  :P

And this if cupboard space magically expanded, I would add this

The new extra large sized Phillips air fryer....it's capacity is 50% bigger than the original

.....better stop now  ;)
« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 12:06:38 am by maddy »
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline Emme

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 05, 2013, 11:46:29 pm »
OMG Maddy, I did not know those appliances existed.  If only!

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 06, 2013, 01:36:35 am »
maddy, if your parents don't use that appliance perhaps you and DB could have an auction to determine who needs it the most.  I'm with Marie, never knew such appliances existed but then I don't go looking either.  It's going to be hard enough getting the Thermomix into the nursing home with me down the track let alone all these other appliances ;)
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 06, 2013, 02:22:59 am »
Maddy I am thinking of a air fryer, just which one to buy though.
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline SoBlessed

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 06, 2013, 03:28:02 am »
I have many appliances & I love them all. I even have a Vitamix which I use as much as TMX.
I have a KA mixer that I'm thinking of selling because it's pink. Since buying it I've redone my kitchen & pink is no longer a good match :(
I also have the Silex grill which was great until I got my new oven - now I grill in my oven as it is so quick & easy, so I'll probably sell the Silex too.
One thing I know I really love is my Tefal Cook 4 me, as is really handy for quick meals after working all day.
I like the look of the larger Philips fryer too, but already have the small one, as well as the Tefal one.
But the one thing I know I don't like is a pressure cooker - I sold that already to justify getting the Cook4 me :)
Yes, I really do like lots of appliances & gadgets.

mcmich

« Reply #53 on: October 06, 2013, 03:50:44 am »
The Swedish assistant looks great Maddy. Pity I'm on the path to SOD (Simplify, Organise, Declutter)  :-\

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 06, 2013, 06:43:35 am »
Maddy I am thinking of a air fryer, just which one to buy though.

I love my Acti-fry, if that is any help.  ;)
:D

Offline Jude59

• View Profile
    • Jude's Family Cafe
« Reply #55 on: October 06, 2013, 08:01:30 am »
I love the cook4me too as a recent appliance acquisition :) also just bought this http://www.importerdeals.com/ozrover-thermal-cooking-pot-set.html my sister loves hers.
My Blog - Jude's Family Cafe -
http://judefamilycafe.typepad.com/

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 06, 2013, 11:05:07 am »
Maddy you have a good eye for appliances. They all sound great. Which one will Robyn choose?

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 06, 2013, 11:22:59 pm »
I love the look of the mixer Maddy, with all the cakes you make I'm sure you could justify it.

I keep thinking of the actifry but don't think we would use it that much, unless it woudl really give us a similar finish to the deep fryer.

mcmich

« Reply #58 on: October 07, 2013, 12:02:43 am »
I borrowed my mums actifry and wasn't overly impressed.

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 07, 2013, 12:10:16 am »
I borrowed my mums actifry and wasn't overly impressed.
I wasn't that impressed the first few times I used mine either, TBH.  :-))
But now I have got the hang of it a bit better, I love it!  :D
Tho I use it more as a small oven rather than a fryer..........  :-\
:D