Author Topic: Anything goes for Uni  (Read 7919600 times)

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
Re: Anything goes for Uni
« Reply #31590 on: November 10, 2016, 01:51:05 am »
I wish I had time to post more. I'm finding with 2  houses and 2 large gardens to maintain, I just don't have time. It is a shame as I have tried quite a few new recipes that I have converted. It takes me 2 hours to check and post a recipe.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #31591 on: November 10, 2016, 02:59:30 am »
I occasionally find myself with a bit of free time so I, too, could post more recipes, but they are not original, just copies or adaptations from various other sources (I am totally useless at creating a successful end result on my own initiative).  Nearly all are vegan, as well, so they don't have the same appeal as those that other more regular members would be interested in.  Anyway, I'll try to dig some out and see how they go.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31592 on: November 10, 2016, 04:30:29 am »
Chookie and Marina you both do more than your bit on the forum. I think it is just a fact of life.  Hopefully the forum will continue as I use lots of recipes on here.
It certainly takes time to post recipes. Like you Marina, mine are not my invention, they just have a Cookie spin on them.
Thank you both for your contributions on here and everyone else too, all members appreciate it.
Chookie I don't know how you even find time for cooking.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31593 on: November 10, 2016, 07:21:58 am »
We all have valid reasons for our absences but there is not a day goes by that I don't check in several times at least.  Moderating is pretty easy now though isn't it cookie and CC, that's a good thing as I am so busy these days and cooking is the last thing on my mind.  We have people who have been members for many years but although they pop in from time to time they never post anything.  I'd love to know if they are trying our recipes and what they think of them but I guess they too are frightfully busy.  The day will come when we all have a little more time on our hands and we will  start converting and posting recipes again. The problem is that there are so many out there now, unlike in the early days when it was very difficult to find any decent recipes.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Katj

• View Profile
« Reply #31594 on: November 10, 2016, 07:44:00 am »
DH and I were also shocked at the election result. It remains to be seen what happens when he takes the reins on Jan 20th. Any crazy ideas he has will have to be passed by congress so it may be that some of his policies don't come to fruition. Here's hoping!

I know I don't seem to have as much time on the forum these days. Since we moved into our over 55's village in March, my days are busier than expected. I usually look in at least once a day, but not always.
I too have taken a lot of knowledge from forum postings and appreciate the efforts of everyone involved.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31595 on: November 10, 2016, 09:37:36 am »
Hi friends.
The American Election was a complete shock like Brexit. This happens as we live in a Democracy. Some of Trump's ideas are scary.

I'm always pop on and off the Forum regularly during the day . Unfortunately you guys sleep when I'm active and there are very few Northern Hemisphere members that post. People come here for help and advice because they know someone will probably know the answer. Facebook seems to be "the" place to see people posting about what they are making in their TM's.

A longer walk with Chance this morning.We saw three Roe Deer out in the field looking at us wondering if we were a threat. Boy do those animals go when spooked!!! They took off and cleared a fence with no problem.Chance just stood there watching them LOL. He then went off hunting the Pheasants, more his size.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31596 on: November 10, 2016, 12:20:40 pm »
I had to google roe deer Denise. I wanted to see exactly what they looked like.

Yes Judy, moderating is generally a breeze nowadays. I pop in several times a day, but I'm only needed for a few minutes as that is all it takes to check. However I still enjoy it and my forum friends.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #31597 on: November 10, 2016, 12:30:36 pm »
Gosh , I do not post often - maybe a lack of confidence , but I can remember when I first got my TM31 6-7 years ago there was no recipes around then at all . This was the only place , no thermomix cook books . Forum thermomix is the best resource for recipes and great conversations . A great community of friendship and support . I learnt to make jam in my thermomix from here . Now blessed with aTM5 as well . It brings a smile to see people think nothing of having two new TM5's on their bench now . And yes life is so busy, my husband just said we all need to go to a quit place for a week , shock horror he works 24 /7 as a farmer holidays are a rare thing . Each day just seems to get busier. All of you are gems thank you so much for helping so many of us with recipes and a lot more .

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #31598 on: November 10, 2016, 08:25:22 pm »
Good morning all, how time has flown. 7 years since I got my first thermie too.
I still love cooking, and I always come here for recipes every day.

I am going to declutter the house this weekend, hopefully sell some things I don't need.
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #31599 on: November 10, 2016, 08:36:55 pm »
Morning all.
Beautiful Spring day at Cherokee. We took a bit of time off yesterday and had a Fish and Chip lunch by the lake at Dalesford. Big clean up in the veggie garden at Cherokee today.
I still remember the days in 2009 when Judy and Thermomixer rescued me as I tried to join the Forum. Didn't have a clue about using the iPad but loved what was happening on the Forum even then.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31600 on: November 10, 2016, 09:34:21 pm »
You have come a long way chookie!! We have all been very lucky  and blessed to have met so many wonderful people here.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #31601 on: November 10, 2016, 10:31:52 pm »
It was this forum that came to my aid as well when I first got my TMX many years ago.  As others have said, there were very few recipes openly available back in those days and the friendship, help and recipes that I got from this forum were incredibly supportive and inspiring.  I don't think I would have developed as a 'cook' as well as I have today without this forum.  It was the first one I ever joined on the internet and it remains the only one I follow to this day.  I owe it a huge debt of gratitude - and several kilos to my weight!!
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline djinni373

• View Profile
« Reply #31602 on: November 10, 2016, 11:40:14 pm »
Good morning all.
My pre-new year resolution is to drop in here more often and try to post a recipe or two. I don't cook as much as I used to, but I am trying to make more time to enjoy cooking healthy food, and lose some weight. We now travel more and I'm finding the extra kilo or two I seem to bring home each time are sticking like glue  :'(

Although there are now countless places to find themie recipes, I keep coming back here to my favourite recipes.
We have all been very lucky  and blessed to have met so many wonderful people here.

Gert

Well said Gert the Wise
“Age isn’t a number, it’s an attitude.“

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31603 on: November 11, 2016, 05:17:21 am »
You have come a long way chookie!! We have all been very lucky  and blessed to have met so many wonderful people here.

Gert

So true. I astounded a couple of friends who bought their machines when I did. They wanted to know how come I could do so much on my thermomix. Of course the answer was all the helpful people. I can remember coming on here with Thermomixer and Brazen ( bless them!) counting down the days until my machine arrived. I was really excited as I had seen from the forum that it could do so much more than the demos showed. Sadly one of these friends doesn't use her machine much any more as it's too much trouble, the other has recently lost her husband and is using hers more than ever.
We have had a lovely time learning and made life long friends.

Thank you for your lovely words K Atie. I think we all feel the same.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31604 on: November 11, 2016, 09:34:48 am »

Gert
Very true Gert.

Hi friends.
A sunny morning here.Walked a lot with Chance yesterday,ended up walking 8 Kms in total as DH couldn't do the afternoon walk. Just walked 5 Kms this morning LOL.
The berries on the Holly Trees are magnificent this year. My two Christmas Cactus ( don't know their proper name) are flowering.A wonderful site as I stand at the kitchen sink.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.