Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6147090 times)

Offline Emme

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #9930 on: July 19, 2013, 10:55:26 am »
Congratulations on the new job Dee, great news  :) Definitely deserves a new wardrobe

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9931 on: July 19, 2013, 12:12:21 pm »
Congratulations on the job deedub and happy anniversary Marie. We're only a couple of years behind you.

Today I went to the Good Food and Wine show, all day. I had a fabulous time. I ate lots of cheese, bits and pieces and tasted some interesting wines and ciders. I also had a bit of a spend up. I love how they sell things in multiples a little cheaper than normal.
A small collection of small Ashgrove cheeses.
The Smelly Cheese shop was there and I remembered someone telling Kim how nice the cheeses were. I think it may have been Gert. Oh they are really delicious.
A few Maggie Beer jams.
A few Heilala vanilla items.
Couldn't resist these, I love eating them.
A packet of ciabatta bread mix.

As I said I had a lovely day.i also bought some more Beerenberg jams as I had run out. They are nice when I can't get fruit to make jam. Had a couple of Maggie Beer icecreams too. No dinner was needed tonight.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #9932 on: July 19, 2013, 12:15:32 pm »
Wow Cookie you "did" have a good time
Denise

Offline thermo18

• View Profile
« Reply #9933 on: July 19, 2013, 12:21:20 pm »
Cookie I so wanted to go this again this year, I went last year and it was a blast. So counting the months for next year   ???

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9934 on: July 19, 2013, 12:23:26 pm »
OMG cookie. You did well. What a lot of loot. Not so fond of the ashgroves but maybe I should try again. Let me know what you think. I do like the wasabi but  I am kind of a purist I think ....maybe .....don't know.  What is the smelly in the round?

Gert

Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Yvette

• View Profile
« Reply #9935 on: July 19, 2013, 12:23:56 pm »
Wow Cookie lots of nice goodies  :)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9936 on: July 19, 2013, 12:24:44 pm »
 :o :o :o  How did you carry all that Cookie?  Wowee, that is one brilliant day out.

Thought I'd look up when Adelaide's was as I'd love to go to something like that - found this, buggar!

"After a lot of consideration and listening intently to all of you at our Adelaide Show, we have decided to postpone this year’s show and build a bigger and better event for 2014.

This year will be spent investigating new features and activities that we can include. We haven’t forgotten about you Adelaide. We love South Australia and are looking forward to bringing you an even bigger and better Good Food & Wine Show in 2014!"

Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #9937 on: July 19, 2013, 12:27:49 pm »
Oh well, next year Judy
Denise

Offline Mama Fergie

• View Profile
« Reply #9938 on: July 19, 2013, 12:35:02 pm »
Glad you enjoyed it cookie and lots of goodies.

DH and I are going on Sunday.

Offline BeezeeBee

• View Profile
« Reply #9939 on: July 19, 2013, 10:12:43 pm »
Happy 44th, Emme! You've been very blessed :)

Congrats, Dee, on the new job. So so very exciting. Wish you all the best - interesting work, good boss and lovely colleagues.

Cookie, you had a blast by the looks of it ;D The pack of desserts by Delicious Bites is made up of Malaysian sweets. Traditional desserts that easily available everywhere. Many of them were created by Nyonya ladies of years gone by. 

They are called kuih tayap (a crepe filled with shredded coconut steeped in gula melaka), kuih lapis (a steamed kuih made up of rice and tapioca flours layers), seri muka (glutinous rice layer topped with an egg custard layer) and onde-onde (glutinous rice flour balls filled with palm sugar, and covered with shredded coconut).

We Malaysians do love our food ;D

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9940 on: July 19, 2013, 10:35:59 pm »
Gosh! just catching up . . .

Deedub - congratulations!!  That's fantastic news!!  Hope everything goes well and that you've found a job that you'll really enjoy!!

Emme - your 44th Anniversary!!  congratulations! that's wonderful - I hope you have a very special celebration!!

Mich - I'm going through something similar with the magazines, books, etc. Took a box full of texts/workbooks etc to school yesterday.  Sorted my Delicious magazines onto one shelf.  Books being sorted now.  Cleared off one tall bookcase to, temporarily at least, house baking tins of all descriptions I've collected over the years  (using those wooden plate display stands - they do work a treat!), baking needs and books. At least I can now see them! That freed up a deep and low cupboard in the kitchen for some small appliances.

Cookie - sounds as though you had an absolute ball!!  Hope they had a shopping trolley for you!! ;) ;D

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #9941 on: July 19, 2013, 11:02:29 pm »
Love the shopping cookie.
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #9942 on: July 20, 2013, 04:18:05 am »
Congratulations on the new job Deedub.

Great shopping Cookie.
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #9943 on: July 20, 2013, 05:14:45 am »
Cookie - sounds as though you had an absolute ball!!  Hope they had a shopping trolley for you!! ;) ;D

I was thinking the same thing, or that poor cookie's arms drag on the ground now!

deedub...BRAVO to you  8)

Emme...44 years deserves a stella present!  ;)

.....I'm still thawing out from this morning  :-\  was going shopping this afternoon, but stoking the fire & watching a movie sounds more attractive.
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #9944 on: July 20, 2013, 06:24:15 am »
Happy wedding anniversary Marie. 44 years, wow :)
Congratulations Dee.
Great goodies cookie. I am green with envy. Would have bought all of those too :D