Author Topic: Chocolate Sponge with Red Wine  (Read 10415 times)

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
Re: Chocolate Sponge with Red Wine
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2009, 03:34:54 am »
Sorry JD - looks like she didn't like me looking at her blog so she's banned everyone.  But Chookie may be able to access it as she has a link to Chookie's blog

Had just put links to her blog on my blog - better remove them???
« Last Edit: December 12, 2009, 03:40:56 am by Thermomixer »
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline RoxyS

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2010, 09:39:58 am »
Bron, I made this today - used baker's flour and added baking powder, used milo instead of Nesquik and ended up with a wonderful cake that wasn't quite cooked in the middle so came out tasting more like a mudcake than a sponge. It was much denser than yours appears to be and I think with the Milo was a tad on the sweet side. Will have to try it again using normal SR or plain flour (with baking powder added) and Nesquik or a drinking chocolate powder that is finer than Milo. Despite not being entirely cooked through it came out of the tin in tact and had a nice crusty type top. 

Just out of interest - did you sift your flour three times like it is suggested for sponge cakes?

Offline bron

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2010, 10:27:21 pm »
Hi Roxy! I make this cake all the time! In fact I made it yesterday as it was my son's b'day, and he took it to school for his class mates..
No, I don't sieve it at all, however I always bake all my sponges in ring tins without centres, as I find they always cook evenly, are ALWAYS a success. No mishaps of rising or sinkings! ;)
Amanda

Spain

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2010, 08:55:16 am »
I wish I had a ringtin like yours. I am going to see if there is something similar at the kitchen shop, as it adds a nice decorative touch when you don't need anything more than a sprinkling of icing sugar. I always find that these tins bring a good result as the heat is able to come up through the centre of the cake. Thanks bron
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand