Author Topic: New Topic  (Read 39559 times)

Offline Halex

• View Profile
Re: New Topic
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2011, 08:22:15 pm »
Thanks to you both

I will dig it out from the laundry cupboard ( well buried) no I dont have  a manual, so will googe as Rob suggested. I will also buy a thermometre.

I am scared of having a fire or burning myself.

I do love home made chips.
H :)

Still havent dug it out :o
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 10:48:22 pm by Halex »
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2011, 08:34:04 pm »
Blimey Hally, you're up early.  ;D
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2011, 08:41:57 pm »
Yrs I know, the last 2 nights have been up at 4 am, i thought a good session  at the gym would have fixed me up but no, wide awake and ready for action. LOL

H :)
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline Merlin

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2012, 07:49:55 am »
Does everyone think that having a deep fryer is worthwhile? I deep fry stuff in a wok or saucepan usually- this is rare though. I try to avoid deep fried food but am  tempted to get a 'basket' type fryer but a) it is another appliance ie storage space is at a premium in our house and b) I don't know which one to buy- if I do buy one I will have to convince DH that I need another appliance- the room that I created by getting rid of appliances when I bought my TM is now taken up by various pots and pans especially cake tins, roasting pans etc. I also looked at the Phillips air fryer but this doesn't seem OK for deep frying meat etc, or am I wrong. The Tefal deep fryer also looked good but seems a lot of money at the moment.  Opinions, PLEASE!!! The other issue is that I am making headway with weight loss with my walks and above all, my Yoga sessions, which I absolutely love. Do I need a deep fryer?
"There are two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as if everything is"
Albert Einstein

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2012, 08:00:59 am »
Merlin,  you don't need a deep fryer.  You have given all the reasons for why you don't need one but no reason for why you do need one. Use a frying pan and shallow fry or spray with oil and bake in oven. :D :D

Offline Merlin

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2012, 08:12:21 am »
Thanks chookie for vindicating me! I will continue to do what normally do then !
Xx ;D ;D
"There are two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as if everything is"
Albert Einstein

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2012, 08:20:46 am »
I was considering getting one at one stage as well but after some consideration I decided that I would prefer not to have one, I don't like the idea of all that oil and cooking foods in it. I was looking at the air fry ones as well but from what I have read they are no different to cooking in the oven.
So no deep fryer for us. Think I can cope without an extra appliance :)
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline MEP

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2013, 07:28:56 pm »
Yes, fantastic new topic as I bought a New Wave 5 in 1 Cooker a year ago, promptly lost the manual and haven't used it once. However, New Wave kindly sent me a new manual recently so I wanted to search for pressure cooker recipes and wondered how I could do it....non-tmx recipes topic to the rescue.

On another note, I have used this forum heaps and very aware I have yet to post a recipe to share in return (am a bit scared of converting) but will attempt to do so in the near future.

Thanks
From Perth WA

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2013, 11:32:24 pm »
That will be lovely if you do that Margaret - it's not a requirement to being a member here but it does give you so much satisfaction and once you've done one successful conversion, you generally want to go on and try another.  Before long you are hooked on converting and when you read a recipe book you will read the instructions through the eyes of a TMX person  ;)
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline MEP

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2013, 04:57:17 am »
Agreed Judy, I should feel the fear and do it anyway. I read lots of recipe books and websites and do wonder how I could use TMX to create the recipes. Majority of time I think it's quicker to do traditional, but it probably isn't. Will seriously look at converting soon.
From Perth WA

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2021, 02:34:43 am »
Puff Pops

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2021, 08:00:26 pm »
... what is a puff pop????
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2021, 11:13:29 pm »
Marina, I messed up posting this recipe. It is called Puff Pops on my Blog but Judy has kindly sorted it out and posted as tasty finger food. I see you have found it. It is easy, cheap and tasty.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2021, 12:28:09 am »
Thanks, Chookie - I thought it must have been an Australian delicacy that I had never heard of before!  :)
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.