Author Topic: Raw date and almond slice  (Read 26577 times)

Offline berringamababe

• View Profile
Raw date and almond slice
« on: February 08, 2019, 06:26:34 am »
I had to share this, it is so easy and delicious. I made it because I have my step daughters coming over the weekend and like to have interesting things for them.
P.S: I have been off the forum for a long time as I completed my master of Nursing, which also had me move from the farm to Perth city. This also meant I had little time to experiment with my beloved TM, it is so nice to be back to making yummy things again.  I hope you enjoy.

Makes 20 squares
• 1 cup almonds, soaked overnight, discard water
• 2 cups dates, soaked for a couple of hours (1 cup for topping)
• 1 cup of filtered water
• ½ cup carob powder
• 2 cups coconut meat or desiccated coconut

1. Add the soaked almonds, 1 cup of dates, filtered water and carob. Blend in a TM until smooth.
2. Mix in the coconut, then press the mix into a biscuit tray to about 2 cm thickness. Leave covered in the fridge for 2-3 hours to firm up.
3. For the topping: process the second cup of dates in TM with a little water until smooth like a cake icing and spread over the set mix. Sprinkle with some coconut or other nuts of your choice. Rest in the fridge, then cut into small squares to serve.
Nutrition info: This is heaven for your taste buds and your health. Full of fibre, calcium and magnesium plus fats that will promote a great immune response, a piece of this will become a firm favourite.

Online cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Raw date and almond slice
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2019, 08:42:51 am »
This sounds delicious, thanks berringamababe. Welcome back to the city. 
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/