Author Topic: The Happy Thread  (Read 1012941 times)

mcmich

Re: The Happy Thread
« Reply #2145 on: December 28, 2012, 07:45:23 pm »
So true Bonsai.

Hopefully the novelty will wear off GHM. My son nearly 23yrs had quite a few piercings but has taken all of them out now. He has tattoos as well but not on his face. My DH has lots of tattoos including some traditional Maori ones done with a bone when he was a teenager. He also has his ear pierced twice but took 1 out when he turned 50s and is considering taking the other one out. I hope he doesn't.  :)

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #2146 on: December 28, 2012, 08:21:19 pm »
Julie!!! :o I nearly had a fit when I saw that photo! :-))
Thats not your son is it? ;D
No Amy, just a photo I found on the net a while ago.  ;D

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #2147 on: December 28, 2012, 10:17:50 pm »
Thank goodness Julie ;D

Mich, I'm amazed your son took all his piercings out. I thought the teen and young adult years were when these trends were most popular? Maybe I'm behind the times ;D
Your DH's traditional Maori tattoos sound very interesting. I can't imagine how they would have been done with bone?

mcmich

« Reply #2148 on: December 29, 2012, 06:51:47 am »
He is over the piercings Amy, unfortunately can't get rid of the tatts that easily. They are only on his upper arms though. One very small one on his upper chest, that I love - EST. 1990 - in a lovely script.  :)

I'm someone that wears very little jewellery and I don't have any piercings - not even my ears - love seeing it on other people.

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #2149 on: December 29, 2012, 06:58:42 am »
One very small one on his upper chest, that I love - EST. 1990 - in a lovely script.  :)

That sounds very cute ;D

I don't wear much jewellery either Mich, only very special pieces that friends or family give me :D

mcmich

« Reply #2150 on: December 29, 2012, 07:14:09 am »
It is Amy.
Not much into piercings myself but would love DH to put his second earing in. Like tatts on other people too.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2151 on: December 30, 2012, 01:07:06 am »
I am happy today as it's my Grand-daughter's 8th birthday and my dear SIL has offered to come and sit with Geoff so that Mum and I can go down there to join in the family lunch with the in-laws.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline jeninwa

• View Profile
« Reply #2152 on: December 30, 2012, 01:24:09 am »
Have a lovely day JD, enjoy your time with you family.
I child-proofed my house, but they still get in!

Offline Mama Fergie

• View Profile
« Reply #2153 on: December 30, 2012, 01:41:01 am »
I have to say I don't like piercings other than ear piercings and I really dislike tattoos. I wasn't allowed together my ears pierced until I turned 21 even although I was married the year before LOL. Got them pierced on my 21st birthday.
I love jewellery so earrings were a must  :)
My eldest DD and one DIL both have small tattoos on their ankles. All my DD's and eldest 2 GD's have eir piercing and both my DD's had nose studs in their late teens much to our horror. However we said nothing and both took them out within a month or 2.
GD 17 now has one on her nose but rarely has it in as not allowed at work thankfully.
I agree with Bonsai and if that's the worst that tey do then we are very lucky  as so much worse can arrive on our doorstep.
 So don't stress GHM as the novelty wears off.

Hope you have a lovely time with your family JD and a very happy birthday to your little GD.  ;D

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
« Reply #2154 on: December 30, 2012, 01:58:46 am »
Happy that DD2 arrived home safely yesterday.  :) I always worry about her driving between Newman and Narrogin.  :-[

Also happy that we went for a run together this morning.  :) She took her dog with us. It was fun, though she hasn't run for a couple of weeks and struggled a little toward the end.

Offline jeninwa

• View Profile
« Reply #2155 on: December 30, 2012, 02:50:57 am »
I'm happy as my kindle paper light is on its way to me hopefully it will be here next week.
I child-proofed my house, but they still get in!

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #2156 on: December 30, 2012, 02:59:24 am »
have a great day JD
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Greyhoundmum

• View Profile
« Reply #2157 on: December 30, 2012, 04:21:49 am »
happy listening to spotify, can anyone comment on whether they have standard or premium version and is it worth the monthly fee?

Offline Yvette

• View Profile
« Reply #2158 on: December 30, 2012, 04:27:18 am »
Have a nice day Judy

mcmich

« Reply #2159 on: January 01, 2013, 11:18:42 am »
I'm so happy that DH and I are on holiday together. Enjoyed having dinner together - it doesn't happen very often as DH works evenings/nights.